Elite Sage

Xbox One Cloud Services to be ubiquitous and available in all markets

Microsoft expects its data centres to be able to provide decent Cloud Services support to all territories.

“Microsoft has data centres around the world, so Cloud Compute Services are not something that you should think about on a country-by-country basis,” Microsoft’s Jeff Henshaw told Ausgamersduring a Q&A session at E3.
    “We have deployed our data centres geographically so that they can service the load for categories of countries all around the world. So we have some of the best reach of any other company on the planet to be able to make sure that the Cloud Services that we offer are what we consider [to be] ubiquitous and will be available [to] all markets.”
    The question of where data centres are located is quite important both to Australians and New Zealanders, but also to North America, as geographic distance makes a heck of a difference to ping times.

Microsoft has said that cloud services gives the Xbox One unlimited processing power.
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/18/xbox...n-all-markets/

Administrator

I'm sorry, but they're really blowing a lot of smoke... especially regarding their "infinite processing power" cloud nonsense. I sure hope their cloud processing servers are more reliable than their SkyDrive.

Forum Guru
    And yet their Xbox Live service is still stuck at only 38 supported countries, while PSN support more than that.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Insanehead View Post
    And yet their Xbox Live service is still stuck at only 38 supported countries, while PSN support more than that.
    The "will only work if you're on our 21 country list" thing is also neat.

Forum Sage
    Im excited i think it will work big for MS. Microsoft and Samsung has collaborated to create worlds fastest and most efficient Cloud Server.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm-k0...e_gdata_player

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Community and Technical Manager
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    I'll be impressed with the cloud services when MS can demonstrate the benefits in gameplay. So far, I've seen nothing outside of Forza's "drivatars" which was not impressive. If I can't see the difference without some guy telling me what is going on in the background, what does it matter?

Forum Elder
    i look forward to seeing what the cloud will do for Xbox ONE games. Forza's drivatars looks like a great start.

Thread Information