Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    PSN ID
    D3RM1AN

So...The Last Of Us GOTY?

Do you guys think The Last Of Us is the game of the year? Or was it too buggy and hard. I don't see anybody speak about the Multiplayer too. I think it has one of the best multiplayers out there, if you have a good team.

Super Elite
    Of everything I've played this year, I'd say it's a tie between Last of Us and Ni No Kuni. They're vastly different, though, and I don't always feel things need to compete for a top spot, but so far they're both the shining gems of 2013, for me.

I still have to beat them both, though. I'm 60% into Last of Us and have already clocked 12 hours. I guess I like to scavenge a lot.

Flaw3d Genius
    Not for me, Too much trial and error in the game and it's not got the magic that Uncharted 2 seemed to have a good few year ago now. This year i've had more fun with Tomb Raider than TLOU

Still not played multiplayer looking forward to it though.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Not for me. up to this moment it's Bioshock:Infinte for me, Maybe Beyond but we we have to wait and see.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

PSU Live Streamer
    TLOU is the best experience I've had in gaming, bar none. Like I said in a previous thread, this is beyond game of the year....it's the best game I've ever played

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Bodie_CI5
    Items ApplePS3 Slim
    Sorry, Shepard, looks like I'm stalking you

I'd like to reiterate Shepard's sentiments to the letter, in fact, even the dots and ellipsis are reiterable a million times over. If there's one of those votes things, please post in this thread so I can lodge my vote .

re the trial and error that was mentioned in previous post (and yes I realise this is a highly subjective issue, so I'm not trying to cause a debate or anything), this is what I found to be its great strength. It is like ye olde games of yore where being one-shotted meant having in some cases to actually having to re-start. I think that this sort of thing is lacking in today's games.

Super Elite
    I agree. The trial and error is what made me love the combat. I could be half-way through a fight, and if it got too sloppy or I felt I was wasting too many resources, I could just restart the encounter and try with a new, far more viable strategy. And the great part is that due to the AI having different patrols, the same tactic wouldn't always work out twice. This grants the game plenty of replay potential, in my opinion.

I could be stealthy and quiet or have a cover-based shootout or take out a few guys in the open then sprint into hiding and slowly take them out one by one while they cussed at me and told me to show my face. I even went Rambo a few times, just for kicks, and wiped out entire crews in glory, violent, bloody fashion.

But to each their own, of course. I think the game is amazing on all fronts.

PSU Live Streamer
    I'm looking forward to a second playthrough with the hearing mode deactivated and perhaps a harder difficulty.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcedme View Post
    I agree. The trial and error is what made me love the combat. I could be half-way through a fight, and if it got too sloppy or I felt I was wasting too many resources, I could just restart the encounter and try with a new, far more viable strategy. And the great part is that due to the AI having different patrols, the same tactic wouldn't always work out twice. This grants the game plenty of replay potential, in my opinion.

I could be stealthy and quiet or have a cover-based shootout or take out a few guys in the open then sprint into hiding and slowly take them out one by one while they cussed at me and told me to show my face. I even went Rambo a few times, just for kicks, and wiped out entire crews in glory, violent, bloody fashion.

But to each their own, of course. I think the game is amazing on all fronts.
    My thoughts exactly. I've only gotten through a few hours and I'm enjoying it a lot. It still doesn't take the crown off of, Ni No Kuni though.

In my humble opinion, there is no doubt whatsoever. The gameplay, graphics, and story all come together and compliment each other in a perfect blend of awesomeness.

Apprentice
    As my Playstation comment on the PS3 sums up my feelings : 'TLOU GOTY4LIFE'

Feel Free to Add Me on PSN

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    I was just like this when I finished Tomb Raider, gave an early GOTY tag to it. So don't want to talk before I play Beyond:two souls and Watch dogs. But TLOU is definitely top 5 of ps3 era.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Apprentice
    I think Beyond will be unreal but I was waiting for Last of Us since the announcement, well since the teasers actually. Watch Dogs I'll be playing on PS4, it's my next BIG hype game. Yeah more hype than GTAV for me

Feel Free to Add Me on PSN

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Not for me, Too much trial and error in the game and it's not got the magic that Uncharted 2 seemed to have a good few year ago now. This year i've had more fun with Tomb Raider than TLOU

Hmmm, I'm 80% of the way through, you talk nonsense.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

15. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post

bullet sponge frustration towards later part of the game on hard immediately changed my feel of the game from 10/10 to 9/10

i am on easy mode at 80% mark now.

will try survivor in the future, naughty dogs game is about graphics and story not gameplay.

or im just frustrated of lame 30fps on consoles after playing on my new pc with max settings.

ps3 is done.

hello beyond two souls ps4, it you are being made and >30gps

Tomb raider was indeed fun.
    Metro had some weird design but was a blast to play through as well.
    Last edited by ps3faner; 06-21-2013 at 23:39.

Master Guru
    Just finished The Last of Us. Without a doubt my GOTY.

Wait forget that. Best game this gen!

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

You must be infected.

The story alone is the best of this entire generation. Gun play is perfect, popping off headshots left and right. Lighting effects, burning bodies...

My only issue with giving it game of the year is that SONY isn't finished yet!
    Beyond: Two Souls and GT6 could smash it.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    felix336
    Yes, definitely GOTY for me (at least so far). It's one of those games that beyond just being generally amazing, also has that x factor that just makes it's truly special.

I'd like to add though, I played through Hard first and it was pretty hard. Now I'm doing Survivor and it's actually really easy. It took me probably 90% of my first playthrough to truly know how all the items/weapons/enemies/encounters work. Starting with all that info in mind makes a huge difference.

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    You must be infected.

The story alone is the best of this entire generation. Gun play is perfect, popping off headshots left and right. Lighting effects, burning bodies...

My only issue with giving it game of the year is that SONY isn't finished yet!
    Beyond: Two Souls and GT6 could smash it.
    I would say the story is great, Normally game stories bore me to death and ive lost interest within 1 hour of playing it...This game however i actually care for the story which is most likely a first in 30 years of gaming!

Where does it tell you the % of the way through? Currently im 12 hours in and just got to Salt Lake

I said before it was not as good as TR...i reckon it's on par now!

Where does it tell you the % of the way through? Currently im 12 hours in and just got to Salt Lake
    You're gettin' there, chief! I want to be as vague as possible, so yeah, there ya go. I'd be more specific if you were at, say, 35%. But, if you are interested, it says on your save file.

Definitely GOTY.

I'm only 5 hours in or so but the story is really drawing me in when usually the story for games is more or less... meh. Sometimes predictable but it doesn't take away from it at all.

Along with what ForcedMe was saying about trial and error, i always do that in the beginning with new games to see what the limitations are. What i can and cannot do. It may be because I'm still early into the game but I try to find these boundaries on what I can/cannot or should/should not do and am still thrown for a loop when something new is introduced. Whether it be the combat or scavenging. Amazing game so far, 9.8/10

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Try GOTG, game of the generation! This game is like nothing I've ever played before. Not because of the gameplay. The gameplay is great but it's not what had me so mesmerized. The story, dialogue, and seamless experience are what has me so amazed. First oFf the story turns the whole boring zombie apocalypse around with a creative backdrop instead of just BRAAAAAAINS!

Now what has just had me in awe still, the dialogue. I don't know who is directing these voice actors but my God they need to find themselves a trip to Hollywood soon. I have never played a game that the dialogue flows so naturally. Nothing seems cheesy, cliched, or out of place. It is like watching a Martin Scorcese movie! Uncharted was good in this aspect but doesn't quite touch this game. I'm about half way through the game their has only been one character that doesn't quite fit this trend but he was not bad by any means. Not to mention Troy Baker does the best lead vocals in a video game ever imo.

To put the cherry on top, the seamless experience. This makes this game such a wonder to play. After the initial load, you never see one. The gameplay and dialogue are not interrupted for pesky load screens that take away from the action. Even restart encounter is instant! I hope this kind of stuff becomes the standard next gen. This helps make the experience so much stronger. It also makes you not want to stop, because there are many slow down points until really switching cities and atmosphere.

Simply put this game is amazing and had swept me up furiously! It has been quite the journey and I can't wait to continue. I don't see how anyone could not be very impressed with this game.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Poster

***Spoilers***
    I could almost say the chapter Winter by itself is enough to show this game is hands down the best told story in gaming.
    The only other moment might be the encounter with Andrew Ryan "a man chooses, a slave obeys (would you kindly)"

Never have I felt exactly what the character on screen was feeling from the moment when we meet David to the moment we leave him on that diner floor. Never has a game made me feel for a character the way we felt for Ellie, from the dumb jokes, and high fives to the moment she sits silently on that bench in the lobby reminiscing the horrors of the world shes seen and had to go through.
    we were right there with her when everything we had been through had to be for something. We were right there with her when Joel may have been lying to our face it didn't matter, we trust his judgment, our life.

what Naughty Dog did was something magical and something that sets a benchmark in gaming history, because never has a game built such a rapport with a character on screen and the player involved in that story.

you could really take any aspect of the game from the AI to story to the pacing, controls, soundtrack, animation, gameplay... and almost every aspect stands among the very best at what gaming as a medium can offer.

so yes it most definitely is "Game of the Year" and most likely will go down as the very best of what this entire generation had to offer.

the only flaw in this apparent masterpiece of software is that it was limited by the hardware. while still very much playable the sub 30 frames and at times blurred visuals didn't go unnoticed but nothing that could not be overlooked because it was a very minor distraction to the experience as a whole.

Superior Member
    GOTY hands down. It'll be funny too because it's competing against next gen titles that could be shown favoritism. This is a "must experience" period.

Apprentice
    I have only put in two hours at a friends house, but from what I hear it should get the GOTY award.
    Than again I have not bought/played any ps3/360 games this year, so not sure if my opinion counts.
    Your signature filesize exceeds the forum limits, please use another pic. - The_One

Thread Information