Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Veteran
    Been avoiding everything about this game and oh wow, was it worth it. ND made it so they are real people and can't just make miracle jumps or outrun everything. It was probably common to expect something similar to what Uncharted 4 might be but ND went to great efforts to make the player realize this isn't anything like Uncharted, except maybe for the brawling and melee. The melee is awesome and doesn't result in instant death. The gameplay controls take a bit of getting used to but they have the nade throwing down and the stealth actually works. The cinematography approach is so engrossing. Yeah, you can see a mish mash of story elements from other movies but these are cut scenes that I am enjoying very much. Yeah, GOTY here and that is with playing a bunch of titles on the PC instead of the PS3.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Flaw3d Genius
    I've changed my mind...Because TLOU is so amzaing online it's now my GOTY. I prob did prefer Tomb Raider single player tbh but TR online has nothing on this... so for me TLOU is the better overall package! GOTY so far......Bring on Battlefield 4, Forza, GT6 & PES 2014 to see if it can keep it's crown!

PSN ID
    D3RM1AN
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    I've changed my mind...Because TLOU is so amzaing online it's now my GOTY. I prob did prefer Tomb Raider single player tbh but TR online has nothing on this... so for me TLOU is the better overall package! GOTY so far......Bring on Battlefield 4, Forza, GT6 & PES 2014 to see if it can keep it's crown!
    I have to agree, the multiplayer was certainly something new for me. It wasn't just run and gun like in most games but it was more like "if you're not together, you're $#@!ed." But Battlefield 4 so far looks bloody amazing & I think at the end of the year, that's going to be the winner for me.

PSN ID
    mstar020
    yes.

Apprentice
    Just finished the game and damn. Game of this gen for me. All previous winners should relinquish their prize of a $25 gift card to Wal-Mart and give it to Naughty Dog.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Last edited by DarkoStylo; 06-27-2013 at 02:31.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Just finished as well. GOTY.....so far, but I haven't finished Ni No Kuni or Bioshock Infinite. Seriously, I don't see how they can take the crown. This game had so much. One of those truly rare "wow" moments in gaming.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    FonFahbre
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I did say at first that, Ni No Kuni still holds the crown but after beating, The Last of Us.. I don't even know..

PSU Live Streamer
    wow I'm going to have to playthrough Ni No Kuni one of these days if people are having tough times choosing between it and TLOU

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    wow I'm going to have to playthrough Ni No Kuni one of these days if people are having tough times choosing between it and TLOU
    Last of Us holds the crown for creating an intimate, compelling journey that takes two across a country while simultaneously taking you across their scarred emotional landscapes.

Ni No Kuni achieves the same, though on a much larger, brighter, more humorous scale.

Vastly different games, each with a big, beating, beautiful heart behind them.

I won't pick between the two because I love them both--each one is fantastic in what it excels, and irritating in the faults where it flounders. But both leave unforgettable memories. If you haven't touched Ni No Kuni yet all I can tell you is that you're in for one hell of a fantasy adventure--about loss, love, escapism, the goodness of people and the deceptions we cling to in order to persevere... Which could describe Last of Us, as well.

They're mirrors of the same theme. And they're both GOTY.
    Last edited by Forcedme; 06-27-2013 at 18:53.

10. Likes Fon likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    Big review, thanks. There is still a large portion of my ps3 library I want to try and get through before I get the ps4....I had put off console gaming for a while but continued to collect the games that interested me lol. Hopefully I get to it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Well, GOTY Current Generation. Even being amazed at what ND has done with TLOU, there are the very noticeable limitations to the graphics hardware. ND's talent is to make the game content more engrossing than the visual weaknesses, to maintain immersion. The way Ellie is flapping her lips when she is exasperated has to be a first for video games. ND is really showing off its lip physics.

We don't know for sure what the final launch titles will be out for next gen this year, so its a long shot to call GOTY for the year, and not by the generation.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Bodie_CI5
    Items ApplePS3 Slim
    How is it all decided? Is the public involved? Are voting opportunities announced?

Too soon to tell but a strong contender. Bioshock was fun but didn't really pull me in all that much. I felt no inclination to do a second playthrough, for instance, while I'm nearly done with the 2nd on TLOU. Still, I have high hopes for Beyond Two Souls just because of it's excellent pedigree making it a wildcard and of course GTA5 really has no way of not being incredible. Will wait and see, but best PS3 exclusive of the year for sure...

Thread Information