Latest PSU headlines:

Superior Member

Will we see Ebay flooded with overpriced next gen consoles?

I remember when the Xbox 360 and the PS3 came out. There were hundreds of consoles sold for $3k+. Getting one on release day means the world to many. I suspect the same this time around too. PS4 pre-orders sold out most places and Xbox 1 with their "Day 1" badge on honor on their console will surly fetch a strong price for many as well IMO.

What's your opinion? Or perhaps you'll try you luck selling your system too?

Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If you pay 10 x the price for a console you deserve to get raped for every bit of money you own.

If I could sell my PS4 for triple or even double of what I paid then I would.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I don't think that I would sell either of my pre-ordered PS4's just to get extra cash.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    I fully expect to sell my system for $1000. Some people have more money than brains, and of course rich parents who money no object.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Yeah they will be there. They always are. I expect to see PS4 going for between 800-1000 for the first couple weeks and XBone to be around 700-900. Only reason why I see it as cheaper because I believe once a second shipment of those come in they will be easier too get a hold of compared to PS4. I wouldn't be surprised if this goes like it did for PS2. They were jacked up on there for months! They will both well out and sell for a ridiculous amount compared to their price tag.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Veteran
    I got a preorder going up for sale. Maybe 2.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I doubt it'll be in as high demand as the Wii was, probably see it selling for 2X but not 3 or 4X.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    I'm sure you're see a very few that get blown up in terms of price on ebay that goes pre-launch by someone who magically got one. But even with a launch sellout, I don't expect them to be going for more than $100-200 above launch prices on e-bay, because there are plenty of people who have the same idea, because they did see it last generation.

That said, I don't care, I've got my launch edition on pre-order and I have no intention of selling it to make a couple extra bucks.

Ultimate Veteran
    iam sure we will sell the ps4 sell for 5 times more then its worth but i hope sony has enough in the pipe line so these people dont make any money

Apprentice

Some people have their pre orders posted up on ebay for like 1200 to 1500. As release gets closer and the hype gets amped up some people may say screw it,I want one and ill pay the price to get one. I remember when I waited in line for a ps3. They had 10 total. 4 60 gigs and 6 20 gigs. One guy was waiting for the people that actually got their hands on one and offered a thousand bucks cash on the spot. No body sold him one. One guy told him he would have to pay more than that. If I was really wanting one and couldn't get my hands on one, the highest I would go is may be double. but i would never go in the thousand dollar range for something that retails for 4. I would just wait. The games I want to play don't come out until a little later anyway. It's just fun because I've managed to get a ps at launch since the original playstation. This year I got smart and pre ordered. But im still going hunting for one in the store.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    I'm sure you're see a very few that get blown up in terms of price on ebay that goes pre-launch by someone who magically got one. But even with a launch sellout, I don't expect them to be going for more than $100-200 above launch prices on e-bay, because there are plenty of people who have the same idea, because they did see it last generation.

That said, I don't care, I've got my launch edition on pre-order and I have no intention of selling it to make a couple extra bucks.
    Except the same thing happened with the ps2, and that didn't prevent the same thing from occurring with the ps3.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    It sucks as a lot of people will pre-order one purely for profit, thus taking away a system from someone that genuinely wants it.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    It sucks as a lot of people will pre-order one purely for profit, thus taking away a system from someone that genuinely wants it.
    Free markets and all that.

This wouldn't be a problem if people weren't willing to buy these consoles at inflated prices to have it immediately rather than waiting a couple of months.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    I fully expect to sell my system for $1000. Some people have more money than brains, and of course rich parents who money no object.
    You will get 3k, trust me. If you take a nice pic of it, and prove that it's an authentic pic, people will easily battle over it.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    You will get 3k, trust me. If you take a nice pic of it, and prove that it's an authentic pic, people will easily battle over it.
    3K no way. I'd say $1500-1600 at the most, with most going a for around 1k or less.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post

Even the systems preordered just to be sold for profit still wind up going to someone who genuinely wants it.

Like I said in another post. Its not like they're buying them to do drop tests and will it blend videos lol. Someone that wants it is still getting it.
    Last edited by faaeng; 06-18-2013 at 20:42.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Yes and you see people in the UK having a small piece in the newspaper about someone paying 1000 for a PS4 and them being sent an empty box if you fall for that you deserve to lose your money

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Veteran
    That's different. Those people are scumbags.

I sold a box of 30 blurays to a guy in Colorado. All 30 in the box. He filed a complaint saying he didn't recieve all of them and got all his money back and returned 20 of my movies, keeping only the 3D movies. There are $#@!s everywhere.
    Last edited by faaeng; 06-18-2013 at 22:57.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    That's different. Those people are scumbags.

I sold a box of 30 blurays to a guy in Colorado. All 30 in the box. He filed a complaint saying he didn't recieve all of them and got all his money back and returned 20 of my movies, keeping only the 3D movies. There are $#@!s everywhere.
    Craigslist bro.

Veteran
    had them on CL. everyone was a lowballer.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style

Will we see Ebay flooded with overpriced next gen consoles?

Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Craigslist bro.
    Craigslist sucks 99% of the time. People will keep pestering you to lower your price... even if it's already absurdly low. If you offer it for free they'll ask if you can pay them to take it from you.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Forum Sage
    had them on CL. everyone was a lowballer.
    That is why you have to state that the price is firm, and there is no negotiating. Take it or leave it.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Craigslist sucks 99% of the time. People will keep pestering you to lower your price... even if it's already absurdly low. If you offer it for free they'll ask if you can pay them to take it from you.
    Yeah, but you can't be screwed on Craigslist like you can on ebay.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    That is why you have to state that the price is firm, and there is no negotiating. Take it or leave it.

Yeah, but you can't be screwed on Craigslist like you can on ebay.
    Just because u put that on Craig's list does not stop the pestering lowballers from contacting you. lol

Surprisingly, of all my eBay dealings, this is the one and only time I've ever been scared over. I've been screwed over on Craig's list before. Always nice to be contacted by your cellphone carrier to be told that you are using a phone that was stolen from their floor demos... XD

It is far easier to deal with someone in person then it is to deal with them online. 2 types of people annoy me on CL.
    *blatant lowballers/outlandish trades offers. (Had someone offer me an even trade for my nib iP5 iPhone 5 for his iPhone 3S once lol)
    *people who haggle prices in person after you've already agreed upon a price. Keeping the price did in a separate pocket from what they trying to haggle you to. Like they're slick.... lol

Forum Sage
    Just because u put that on Craig's list does not stop the pestering lowballers from contacting you. lol

Surprisingly, of all my eBay dealings, this is the one and only time I've ever been scared over. I've been screwed over on Craig's list before. Always nice to be contacted by your cellphone carrier to be told that you are using a phone that was stolen from their floor demos... XD

It is far easier to deal with someone in person then it is to deal with them online. 2 types of people annoy me on CL.
    *blatant lowballers/outlandish trades offers. (Had someone offer me an even trade for my nib iP5 iPhone 5 for his iPhone 3S once lol)
    *people who haggle prices in person after you've already agreed upon a price. Keeping the price did in a separate pocket from what they trying to haggle you to. Like they're slick.... lol
    I simply ignore the first group of people.

The latter are a bit more difficult to deal with, but walking away is a good way to get them to drop the bs (if they are capable of doing so).

Elite Member
    I sold two ps3's two weeks after launch on ebay for around $1,000. After fees I made just enough profit to pay for a 20gb that I bought. I ordered three ps4's and I plan to do the same thing, except I will use Craigslist this time to avoid all the fees. I am not sure what they sell for, but I am hoping for $700-$1,000.

I can deal with craigslisters. I use Google Voice so they don't have my cell number, and ignore the low ballers, or mess with them a little. It does not matter what you put in your CL ad. Most people who use CL do not read your ad. You can put ****NO TRADES**** several times and people will try and trade you everything possible.

Thread Information