Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Elder

Xbox One pre-orders 'very strong', says GAME..

Pre-orders for Xbox One have been "very strong", GAME has told VideoGamer.com, despite the console being on the receiving end of widespread criticism from much of the gaming community.

"We've seen great activity both in-store and online with very strong pre-order numbers," said a GAME representative discussing Microsoft's next-gen console. "There are a lot of gamers out there in the UK gaming community who can't wait to get their hands on the console."

Though GAME opted not to reveal how pre-orders for Microsoft's console compared to those of PS4, the retailer says that both next-gen consoles have been "performing strongly" in the market following their announcement.

"Both Sony and Microsoft have extremely dedicated fanbases here in the UK," the rep continued, "and pre-orders for both of these next generation consoles have been performing strongly following their announcement."

Both consoles were priced during last week's E3. Xbox One goes on sale this November for 429, with PS4 launching this Christmas for 349.

GAME also told VideoGamer.com that it will be working "hand-in-hand with publishers" on the issue of Xbox One's DRM and the sale of pre-owned software.
    http://www.videogamer.com/news/xbox_...says_game.html

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I guess the demand for xbox-one is good in the U.K.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    "opted not to reveal how Xbox One preorders compared to those of PS4." Interesting.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    "opted not to reveal how Xbox One preorders compared to those of PS4." Interesting.
    Still a long way to go until numbers will even matter though. We probably won't know any real numbers until next year.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    It might have something to do with that xbox store in London that someone posted a thread about, "don't reveal the statistics and we won't remove our buisness".

Supreme Veteran
    This may sound wrong to whoever reading but I want Sony to outsell the Xbox One, mainly because Microsoft need a swift kick to the nuts.

Microsoft's arrogance is going to hurt the consumer and if we continue to bend over for people who want to keep taking and taking from us as Microsoft do with the X1 with its restrictive measures than we're only going to screw ourselves and the next generation of gamers.

Once we give them our approval by buying their product it'll only be a matter of time before they push to see how much more money they can take from us, be weary, they don't care about us, they never have nor ever will!
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

7. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Community and Technical Manager
    PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Both consoles are going to sell out this year.

9. Likes DeRaddyoMoFo likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    Both consoles are going to sell out this year.
    At launch, no doubt, I have no doubt in my mind that sales for the X1 and PS4 will go strong into Jan 2014, but I do believe it'll slow down for the X1 going into Feb...
    Gaming on all platforms right now.

PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    At launch, no doubt, I have no doubt in my mind that sales for the X1 and PS4 will go strong into Jan 2014, but I do believe it'll slow down for the X1 going into Feb...
    Yep. Any numbers before the end of the year don't really mean anything.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    MS are in for a long battle. They better make sure they don't lose the uk or states.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by A7MAD View Post
    This may sound wrong to whoever reading but I want Sony to outsell the Xbox One, mainly because Microsoft need a swift kick to the nuts. Microsoft's arrogance is going to hurt the consumer and if we continue to bend over for people who want to keep taking and taking from us as Microsoft do with the X1 with its restrictive measures than we're only going to screw ourselves and the next generation of gamers. Once we give them our approval by buying their product it'll only be a matter of time before they push to see how much more money they can take from us, be weary, they don't care about us, they never have nor ever will!
    Agreed. But sadly especially in the US there will be plenty of those that drink the MS koolaid and gladly bend over for MS in order to play that next Halo and Gears.

PSN ID
    PMurphy1978
    For a lot of the hatred that they seem to be getting, those who buy games brand new and have their internet running the whole time will surely be unaffected by a lot of the hoo-hah, no?

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    i bet the only 5 people that shop there pre-order it

Soldier 95B
    Not surprised. Europe, including the UK, love the gaming on the Xbox platform. I am guessing demand will continue to rise.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Think Microsoft are gonna be in for a bit of a shocker in Europe once the launch dust settles

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    As I said before. It does not matter how quickly Microsoft sells out of preorders. They will sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by PMurphy1978 View Post
    For a lot of the hatred that they seem to be getting, those who buy games brand new and have their internet running the whole time will surely be unaffected by a lot of the hoo-hah, no?
    Ive had my 360 connected for 7 years, im not worried about an offline mode.
    In fact, if they can make the experience better if your online, i say bring it on, im gone be connected anyway.

20. Likes PMurphy1978 likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    The numbers aren't being disclosed because they are using it as a spin. Think about it. Using "very strong" is a relative term. They could think that 1,000 preorders is very strong because of all the back lash.

Superior Member
    probably "very strong" in relation to the 360 launch but this doesn't take into account the increase in gaming worldwide. so while they could theoretically have more preorders at this point compared to the 360's release it wouldn't be as much as it should be when everything is taken into account.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.ps3forums.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=41145&dateline=118498 7635[/SIGPIC]

PSN ID
    Cand3Js
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    The numbers aren't being disclosed because they are using it as a spin. Think about it. Using "very strong" is a relative term. They could think that 1,000 preorders is very strong because of all the back lash.
    They should have said "very very strong". You can't have too many "verys".

24. Likes F34R likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    They should have said "very very strong". You can't have too many "verys".
    LOL. I know the feeling .

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    I want to see numbers. not subjective words

Administrator
    PSN ID
    BrandonJBX
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    I want to see numbers. not subjective words
    You don't need numbers ... that would allow people to reach factual conclusions. That would be silly in a war of ... numbers ...
    "Love the life you live, and live the life you love." ~ Bob Marley

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver&black_Attack View Post
    Ive had my 360 connected for 7 years, im not worried about an offline mode.
    In fact, if they can make the experience better if your online, i say bring it on, im gone be connected anyway.
    What's sad, is that a lot of connected people are doing this....and you are ultimately giving up your consumer rights for this console. I have broadband and have had my 360 connected for many years....but I refuse to give in to this new device out of principle, and for support of my friends who don't have proper internet due to their area. I will not tolerate having a huge section of the fanbase alienated due to things out of their control and I absolutely refuse to be told what I can and can't do with the software that I own. If I want to sell an old game on amazon at a later date, I will. If I want to give it as a gift to another later down the line, I will. $#@! "authorized dealers" and friends list monotony.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    What's sad, is that a lot of connected people are doing this....and you are ultimately giving up your consumer rights for this console. I have broadband and have had my 360 connected for many years....but I refuse to give in to this new device out of principle, and for support of my friends who don't have proper internet due to their area. I will not tolerate having a huge section of the fanbase alienated due to things out of their control and I absolutely refuse to be told what I can and can't do with the software that I own. If I want to sell an old game on amazon at a later date, I will. If I want to give it as a gift to another later down the line, I will. $#@! "authorized dealers" and friends list monotony.
    No One is forcing you to buy an Xbox ONE, so your concerns regarding what it will allow and what it may not are a mute point all together.

MS know that a minority of 360 owners may not upgrade and are willing to sacrifice those users in the hope that maybe when those of us who don't have a problem at all with what they've revealed, spread the word on how good it is.

There are a few options for those who are not interested in Xbox ONE. Try Steam or Wii U. They may offer what you feel your obliged to have.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information