Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

The Last of Us "Super Runners"?

Seriously these guys are pissing me off! After the first few hours of the game the regular Runners seem to disappear and they are replaced with these guys..some sort of stage between the regular Runners and the Clickers..I don't get how the hell they detect me, I assume by sight and sound yet if I get remotely close to them and moving as slowly as I can it seems they know exactly where I am even through walls and they get alerted...pissing me off immensely!
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Apprentice
    These are the stalkers. They have the sight still, so act like runners but I think they have better hearing (like the clickers)

Feel Free to Add Me on PSN

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anderlation View Post
    These are the stalkers. They have the sight still, so act like runners but I think they have better hearing (like the clickers)
    Yes, you're right! Stalkers are an enhanced version of the runners combined with the hearing of a clicker. The trick is, when you are in listen mode and you see the "indicator" above their head to tell you they're listening do NOT move! Another thing you could do is throw a brick or bottle in a direction and prepare to fight if there are more than one or run up behind him and beat him senseless as you won't be able to get close enough to stealth kill because of their hearing.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by EvilJ0k3r; 06-19-2013 at 06:38.

Special thanks to zzKurozz for the Signature and Avatar!
    Prodigy - A young one, endowed with exceptional abilities.
    Currently Playing: CoD:AW / Destiny / AC: Unity / Driveclub / BF4
    Waiting For: the Crew / GTA V (PS4) / Far Cry 4

Battlefield WolfPack: Co-Leader / Battlefield Alpha Pack: Co-Leader

My first time seeing them, I mistook them for clickers because I was looking at one through my listen mode. I approached it head on, arrow drawn, looking for a silent headshot...yeah...didn't really work out so well for me

Super Elite
    Yeah, I've learned that trying to sneak up on stalkers nine times out of ten will result in Super Smash Brothers; your best bet is to use whatever silent means of destruction you have in your arsenal to take a few out quietly, and then $#@! $#@! up with the rest that remain.

That, or watch the route of one in particular, find a nearby hiding spot, stay PERFECTLY $#@!ING STILL when they waltz by, and grab them then--though this isn't always guaranteed to work.

If you want to kill them quickly and use as little resources as possible, make sure to have some physical object on you--pipe, plank, whatever.

SPRINT at them. Hit square. Their head will explode. I did this to three (four?) in a row during one of the early fights, then used my gun to take down the remaining clicker.

You just need to find what works for you.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    The first time you run into them, they scared the $#@! out of me! I was trying to crank a generator and these bastards start coming out of nowhere! Them add a bloater to the mix, not to easy. But I was able to heal before dying first try. I said screw the bloater. Didn't have enough ammo to deal with him. Anyone have a good strategy for those that doesn't involve using a ton of ammo. Used a couple of nail bombs. Was effective but still didn't quite do as much damage to the armor as hoped.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    My petrol bombs seemed to burn right through them.
    Trophy-licious!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    The first time you run into them, they scared the $#@! out of me! I was trying to crank a generator and these bastards start coming out of nowhere! Them add a bloater to the mix, not to easy. But I was able to heal before dying first try. I said screw the bloater. Didn't have enough ammo to deal with him. Anyone have a good strategy for those that doesn't involve using a ton of ammo. Used a couple of nail bombs. Was effective but still didn't quite do as much damage to the armor as hoped.
    Just run it dude! As soon as you turn on the generator, run straight, then right through the doors, right again and youll see stairs. Go up the stairs and then turn left and youll see fungi growth, the door is just past there. Check my dirctions before you try that...

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Just run it dude! As soon as you turn on the generator, run straight, then right through the doors, right again and youll see stairs. Go up the stairs and then turn left and youll see fungi growth, the door is just past there. Check my dirctions before you try that...
    If I recall that door needs a keycard too.
    Trophy-licious!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Oh yeah! Make sure you get that firstand activate it at at panel. Man I sure shat my pants at this part and got dominated haha. Then I devised my chicken-ass style of running kung-fu.

PSU Live Streamer
    Yea I got lucky in that area. I completely walked past the generator, didn't even know it was there. I found the keycard first and the door. When I finally realized where the gen was, I hit the switch and the moment I saw a spore bomb explode on my feet I booked it the hell outta there. Didn't even look or turn back, I just ran. Lucky me I found the stairs up and lucky me I took the right turns to find the door. Then I was out. Didn't even throw a punch.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Yeah I think it was the section in the sewer when you get separated with Sam where this became a problem for me. First I mistook them for clickers so I just tried to walk right by them, they saw me and murdered me. Then I figured they're not clickers I just need to make sure I'm not seen, then they just turned around every time I got close.

I found the bow and arrow to be the perfect solution for them.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Oh I got past it already. Mostly just the bloater strategy. I've only come across 2 but those bastards are hard to kill.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Am I the only one who cleared out the entire room? Bloaters are easy to beat on normal mode! Especially if you have a few petrol bombs!
    Trophy-licious!

Flaw3d Genius
    Am I the only one who cleared out the entire room? Bloaters are easy to beat on normal mode! Especially if you have a few petrol bombs!
    Everything is easy to kill with petrol bombs and explosives it's just they are a severe pain in the ass to get to in the middle of the carnage.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Oh I got past it already. Mostly just the bloater strategy. I've only come across 2 but those bastards are hard to kill.
    I find that petrol bombs seem to make them weaker somehow? Maybe slower...or am I just imagening it?

I cleared it after the aforementioned innitial slaughter...but I used a $#@! tonne of ammo in the process.

Off topic: I like how you can 1 hit a clicker with a melee weapon if you stun them with a bottle/brick first.

Thread Information