Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style

Kingdom Hearts 3 thread/discussion!

This thread is for all Kingdom heart games. Which ones were your favorite? Also, please help me to keep this updated. I will edit things into the op

Kingdom heart 1.5 Hd collection

Kingdom Hearts 3

Tetsuya Nomura.

Speaking with Famitsu (via Polygon), Nomura revealed a number of gameplay and story details about the upcoming title, due out on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in the future.

First up, the plot will continue on from Dream Drop Distance; "We're proceeding along with which worlds we'll be selecting for the game," he said. "It's the final episode in the 'Dark Seeker' saga that began with the original Kingdom Hearts, and it'll depict the final battle with Xehanort."

Kingdom Hearts III has three-person parties, but NPCs and other characters join the fight in each individual world, and the resulting action is really flashy and exciting.

Responding to queries regarding the slightly altered visual style seen in the trailer, Nomura explained that the team had spent a long time trying to decide how best to make use of the next-gen consoles' graphical capabilities.

"Should we go for a more realistic look like in recent projects, or try something else? Along the way, we remembered that these Kingdom Hearts characters were originally paintbrush art from Disney productions, a texture that was one of our original aims, and that it was time to return to that. So [chief creative director Takeshi] Nozue went through a series of tests, and the results are the visuals that we refer to in the team as the Kingdom Shader. It may look like a pretty drastic change, but I see it as a rich evolution of everything we've shown you up to now."

In terms of gameplay, Nomura revealed, "The action's pretty frantic. The really bold action we've always had is getting even crazier. Kingdom Hearts III has three-person parties, but NPCs and other characters join the fight in each individual world, and the resulting action is really flashy and exciting. The enemy AI is a lot more intricate, too, and I think the gameplay will reflect that new dynamic balance. For example, there's a foe that's shaped like a vehicle, and Sora may jump on it and fly around; that's already implemented."
    Source http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...ails-announced
    Last edited by Silvy; 06-19-2013 at 21:13.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    I know this is a Kingdom Hearts general discussion, but Kingdom Hearts 3 is PS4/Xbox One game, so the title is kinda misleading =p

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    I know this is a Kingdom Hearts general discussion, but Kingdom Hearts 3 is PS4/Xbox One game, so the title is kinda misleading =p
    That's what I was thinking to. It's always dominant on the Playstation so that's why I chose this. nevertheless, You're right. I will have moved If that's your request. (Or let the mods decide)

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You should've just renamed it Kingdom Hearts General Discussion.
    Well any way my faves were 2 and Re:chain of memories. I still have yet to play the first..

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    You should've just renamed it Kingdom Hearts General Discussion.
    Well any way my faves were 2 and Re:chain of memories. I still have yet to play the first..
    I'll have a mod to rename It. :0 Are you kidding? Number one is held as the best KH title. Especially that intro.

6. Likes KyleOnTheRun likes this post
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Use this video in the OP, its 1080p

Master Poster
    Love the visual style and direction. Whilst it would have been cool to get closer to the cgi openings and endings I think the direction they are taking is better It's also a better visual format to represent the Disney characters and worlds

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by darksora View Post
    Love the visual style and direction. Whilst it would have been cool to get closer to the cgi openings and endings I think the direction they are taking is better It's also a better visual format to represent the Disney characters and worlds
    With the number of graphical changes versus or should I say FFXV went through till now, we might see great improvements by 2018 when it launches on ps5 (not that it looks any less than incredible right now)

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    That's what I was thinking to. It's always dominant on the Playstation so that's why I chose this. nevertheless, You're right. I will have moved If that's your request. (Or let the mods decide)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    I'll have a mod to rename It. :0 Are you kidding? Number one is held as the best KH title. Especially that intro.
    Lazy bum..:P
    I $#@! you not I haven't played the first kh but I played and beat every other that was released
    That's why I'm looking forward to 1.5.

‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Master Guru
    Lazy bum..:P
    I $#@! you not I haven't played the first kh but I played and beat every other that was released
    That's why I'm looking forward to 1.5.
    I never liked the handhelds excluding Dream Drop Distance! You only have a couple of months to wait now.I can't wait to those sexy a$$ intros. Simple and Clean ekkkk
    Last edited by Silvy; 06-19-2013 at 23:42.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    I actually liked. 358/days and loved Birth by Sleep they need to release that on vita or something lol sext ass intros huh? K bro.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    I shall Get 1.5, and every other game and marathon them all. The GT timeline is what finally got to me

Master Guru
    I actually liked. 358/days and loved Birth by Sleep they need to release that on vita or something lol sext ass intros huh? K bro.
    I can assure that says sexy. I just don't get off on hand held games. F**king poke'mon is a different story. The controls would be better on Vita. IMO.

15. Likes Kuro likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Pokemon is on a dif lvl man lol
    Alright thouhh you say so..Ah memories.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Remember guys, I recommend everyone to play Birth by Sleep first and then DDD.

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Hopefully they put bbs in HD KH 2.5 collection

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Favorite KH is the first one, first one I played, awesome story, awesome characters, awesome music etc. Everything was pretty much perfect. I'm not overly bothered if they don't make a 2.5 ReMix or it's PS4 exclusive. I'll buy it eventually but tbh KH2 was one of those games I lost interest in and came back to after 6 months.

I also think KH 2.5 ReMix will include 3 games (KH2, BbS and DDD) with ReCoded doing the whole theatre thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    I agree with what you just said. I completed KH2 in 3 days I was so excited at the time it was the game i wanted badly for such a long time then. But the true classic goes to KH1 best installment by far. KH 2.5 Remix wouldn't be surprising due to the ending of 1.5 Remix.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Kh1 all the way yet after growing up and playing more titles beyond KH games even the first isn't as much of a classic as I thought. Then even with the series itself a lot of sequels are starting to ruin a few of the games for me.

22. Likes AaronSOLDIER , AsterPhoenix likes this post
    Superior Member
    I know the feeling. That what time does. KH3 im glad its coming but I know not to get my hopes up about it.I hope they get it the Xehanort Saga over and done with.Make a good conclusion to it. Its hard to get surprised by games same for movies

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Isn't this game multiplat and not even on the PS3?

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by AsterPhoenix View Post
    I know the feeling. That what time does. KH3 im glad its coming but I know not to get my hopes up about it.I hope they get it the Xehanort Saga over and done with.Make a good conclusion to it. Its hard to get surprised by games same for movies
    I learned to stay away from Spoilers if you ever want to enjoy a game, but as for KH3 Xehanort should be over with the Saga really shouldn't have extended past the 2nd game we always argue about this, but KH2 although a mediocre game(imo, but highly backed up) had the best ending for the series, and to hear that it extends beyond KH3 is the true heart breaker in all this.

Cause I know what really is going to happen I'll say KH3 is my last game, but if there is another I'll buy it. Only because I grew with that series more than any other games series I actually feel like I grew up with this series.

Superior Member
    I cannot agree with you more. I preferred KH1 MP system overall. Magnet and Cure all I used and Thunder maybe in KH2. I like the feel of the first one the best so im buying KH 1.5 Remix.Yeah I remember watching the add for it when i was young now im 22 its crazy. Im not sure its going to take a long time to finish KH3. I'll see how times plays out. Prefer if they don't milk the series.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    So I just got incredibly excited, saw this image posted on the official Kingdom Hearts Facebook page...

Was waiting to see what Donald and Goofy would look like now, it looks amazing! I love the new rendering style! Definitely the way to go to maintain the cartoon look without things getting too realistic.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Master Guru
    Can't wait for this event. I agree with you, Dave. Exactly what I said!
    http://www.psu.com/a020045/Square-pl...-for-D23-event

The Kingdom Hearts franchise will receive its own stage event at Japan’s D23 Expo in October, Square Enix has announced.

Dubbed the Kingdom Hearts Limited Stage, the event will be fronted by series director Tetsuya Nomura and executive producer Shinji Hashimoto, and includes appearances from some of the Disney-themed RPG’s voice actors.

Fans can expect chatter on the secret stories within the Kingdom Hearts universe, as well as other events that you can only experience at D23.

With Nomura-san having previously expressed his interest in divulging more information on Kingdom Hearts III at the event and TGS, we can hopefully expect some fresh details on the game to drop there.

D23’s Kingdom Hearts bash kicks off on October 14, running 15:00 – 16:00 Japan time.

Kingdom Hearts III was announced at E3 for next-generation consoles, with the compilation Kingdom Hearts 1.5 ReMIX due out exclusively on PlayStation 3 in September.

Thread Information