Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Superior Member
    Items Final Fantasy IVAtlus
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Nomura's gone on record to say that KH3 was announced "too soon" and he wouldn't have announced it when they were further along in development. But it wasn't his decision to make as the executives wanted to announce it.

http://www.psu.com/a019853/Kingdom-H...Tetsuya-Nomura

I hope it still is 4 years at max though
    I wasn't surprised I thought the same thing it was announced to early since it was mainly a teaser and little gameplay. They mainly just wanted to surprise everyone and let everyone know that Kingdom Hearts 3 was in development.
    Square done this last generation with the FF games too.
    Playing - Tales of Xillia and Atelier Escha & Logy.
    Awaiting - Tales of Xillia 2, Witcher 3, Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Tales of Zestiria, KH Birth By Sleep HD, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Superior Member
    Kingdom hearts 3 Interview with Tetsuya Nomura.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/games...3-to-progress/

Once hes finished with this game he should leave the company so he can have more freedom to create games.
    Awaiting - Tales of Xillia 2, Witcher 3, Xenoblade Chronicles X,Persona Q, Oreshika:Tainted Bloodlines, Tales of Zestiria, KH Birth By Sleep HD, Tales Of Hearts R and Persona 5

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    If this is going to be official thread. We got to talk about the story line and what happened during the events of Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance.

From my understanding,

Now, I haven't played the portable games although I have been intrigued with what's going on. If I'm wrong, correct me lol.

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    If this is going to be official thread. We got to talk about the story line and what happened during the events of Birth By Sleep and Dream Drop Distance.

From my understanding,

Now, I haven't played the portable games although I have been intrigued with what's going on. If I'm wrong, correct me lol.
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8cP.../edit?hl=en_US

Here ya go believe it's at least up to events of BBS don't know if they ever bothered to include Re:coded or even 3D at some later point, but it was epic none the less, and kind of sad at the same time lol.

As for me I've voiced my opinion before ready to get this BS over with so I can finally move on(something tells me I won't).

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Man, I can't believe I missed out on Kingdom Hearts during my childhood. And I still haven't played it. I feel ashamed =p

Well hey, atleast I played FFX =p I'm also glad it's the only good game I missed during my childhood though, because I basically grew up with video games.

I'm totally getting the hd remix, and can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 3!

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    Just catching up on this thread. Happy to join the conversation with other fans.

Kingdom Hearts is still my single favorite game EVER and the first PS2 game I played. I've played the original literally dozens of times. Someday, I'll write about my comprehensive series thoughts on the homepage... I've written so much about these games over the years, in so many different places XD

I'll be starting a complete series replay with 1.5--"series replay" is always a good excuse to replay the handheld entries. For the record, DDD might be my favorite after the original, followed very closely by BBS. I have a rocky love affair with KH2... infatuated at launch in 2006, disappointed with various aspects over the years, and now back to saying, "It was a step backward in many ways, but forward in ways that mattered."

Now that I think about it, I might blog about my experience replaying each game, starting with KH:FM, Re:CoM, and 358/2 Days, on the PSU homepage. I'd love to incorporate other peoples' thoughts, as well. I'll come back here to solicit quotes about all your feelings about each game as I go.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm wondering when they will announce KH 2.5 HD Remix.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I'm wondering when they will announce KH 2.5 HD Remix.
    Actually, they already have. Not by that name, but Nomura has confirmed in interviews that they're currently working on both KH3 and a second HD collection.

That second collection will probably come out after KH3 though; at least, that's what his translator implied.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I thought they were timing it to make the wait for III more bearable.
    Trophy-licious!

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    I thought they were timing it to make the wait for III more bearable.
    I hope so! No real confirmation either way yet, though.

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post

Since you don't seem to mind spoilers without having played them:

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    AverageNinjaNL
    Why is this in PS3 games anyway? KH3 won't come on PS3
    Anyway, I can't wait for this game! I've always loved Kingdom Hearts!

Follow me on Twitter: @DaanvMonsjou

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageNinja View Post
    Why is this in PS3 games anyway? KH3 won't come on PS3
    Anyway, I can't wait for this game! I've always loved Kingdom Hearts!
    Because majority people have PS3 so why not?

As of now though by the time Kingdom Hearts 3 is on PS4 it will have a better install base hopefully.

Because at the rate Square is going this game won't release until 2015 late or 2016 early. They even said the game was still some 3 to 4 years away plus got to wait on Final Fantasy Projects to get done.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimax View Post
    Because majority people have PS3 so why not?

As of now though by the time Kingdom Hearts 3 is on PS4 it will have a better install base hopefully.

Because at the rate Square is going this game won't release until 2015 late or 2016 early. They even said the game was still some 3 to 4 years away plus got to wait on Final Fantasy Projects to get done.
    You never know how long they can be with the game.Nomura admitted it was announced to early least it is in development.Well like you said the next gen will have bigger install bases by the time it releases.I hope they combind elements of KH1,BBS and DDD.Didn't like 2 that much.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Why did everyone hate 2 so much? I loved one and two!

I don't really mind how long it takes, hopefully they get Final Fantasy XV out quickly though.
    Trophy-licious!

Superior Member
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhpniiFvtzY Here KH 1.5 Remix showing some Final Mix footage such as palette swaps for Guard Armour. Yeah i heard KH2 Final Mix fixes the problems KH2 had lack of sidequests and would like to try Limit Form since KH2 Remix if it comes with final mix content too.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Why did everyone hate 2 so much? I loved one and two!

I don't really mind how long it takes, hopefully they get Final Fantasy XV out quickly though.
    In the quickest way possible.

KH2 seems like how Pokemon is right now compared to when it started.

Ok quicker than that well I can't do that, but

Battle System or just the difficulty in general wasn't there it was extremely easy game at the highest difficulty.

Story not even going to say long and convoluted just boring/dull, and most worlds didn't have squat to do with the story period. Really KH2 only 3 worlds mattered.

That's probably as short as I can put oh and one more thing THE OVER-MELODRAMATIC crap that happened ever now and then got on my nerves. Plus the Sora, Riku, and Kiari crap at the end.

19. Likes KyleOnTheRun likes this post
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    The only thing that I didn't like about Kingdom Hearts 2 was the Hades coliseum thing. I'd rather prefer it the way how it was in Kingdom Hearts 1 with the different cups.

I hope sephiroth comes back for Kingdom Hearts 3.

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Hey guys, I'm going to be writing a retrospective of Kingdom Hearts 1 for the homepage very soon. It'll mostly be my thoughts and nostalgia about the game to tie in with HD 1.5 ReMIX's release, but I'd LOVE to put some of your thoughts in the article as well.

Feel free to say anything you like about the game--a few words, to an entire story. How do you feel, 11 years out from release? Favorite memories? Thoughts on how KH1 ties into the greater picture? Anything you like, and I'll pick the best stuff to put in the article alongside my own thoughts.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I remember I found out about Kingdom Hearts series in the summer of 2009 (at that point I had never played a final fantasy game as well). I was watching gaming videos on youtube when I stumbled upon a video of Re Chain of Memories I believe. I never thought a disney game would ever have good production values or gameplay and that they would remain lousy licensed cash ins. The video caught me off guard and so I looked at some more video of KH2 and I was blown away by everything I saw on screen. The gameplay rivaled God of War in its smoothness and visual fidelity and the love put into the presentation of everything was astonishing.

I got KH2 (before playing the original) and as soon as I booted up my mind shattered at the beautiful voice of Utada Hikaru thanks to the opening song "Santuary". Later I played the original (once again Utada knocked it out of the park with Simple and Clean) and to this day the KH soundtrack is arguably the best I've EVER heard in video games (so much so that I try and teach myself those songs on the piano). I'm proud to say that I will never be put off by the 'childish' or 'cheesy' factor of these games and will continue to scream like a giddy school girl every time they reveal a new main series title like I did this E3

So yeah you can bet I'll be getting the remixed versions
    Last edited by Itachi; 08-09-2013 at 20:53.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleOnTheRun View Post
    Hey guys, I'm going to be writing a retrospective of Kingdom Hearts 1 for the homepage very soon. It'll mostly be my thoughts and nostalgia about the game to tie in with HD 1.5 ReMIX's release, but I'd LOVE to put some of your thoughts in the article as well.

Feel free to say anything you like about the game--a few words, to an entire story. How do you feel, 11 years out from release? Favorite memories? Thoughts on how KH1 ties into the greater picture? Anything you like, and I'll pick the best stuff to put in the article alongside my own thoughts.
    I remember back when the first Kingdom Hearts game came out, it was basically the best thing ever in my mind. All of my childhood nostalgia from Disney films (My favorite being The Lion King which unfortunately wasn't included until Kingdom Hearts II) combined with the epicness of the Final Fantasy universe including some of my all time favorite characters. The game was also being produced by Nomura's team at Squaresoft, the concept was bizarre but my young adolescent mind was more than ready to embrace it. I remember getting closer and closer to the release and one occasion when I made my family keep quiet during dinner because the advert came on the television. My excitement paid off when I finally got my hands on the the game for Christmas on the year of its release, surprisingly the concept worked incredibly well and I got sucked into the world of Kingdom Hearts just like I had got sucked into the Final Fantasy universes. I stuck with the series over the years, unfortunately I have only been able to play the PlayStation titles in the series so I am very much looking forward to playing the upgraded versions in the 1.5 HD Remix release.
    Trophy-licious!

24. Likes KyleOnTheRun likes this post
    PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    I remember back when the first Kingdom Hearts game came out, it was basically the best thing ever in my mind. All of my childhood nostalgia from Disney films (My favorite being The Lion King which unfortunately wasn't included until Kingdom Hearts II) combined with the epicness of the Final Fantasy universe including some of my all time favorite characters. The game was also being produced by Nomura's team at Squaresoft, the concept was bizarre but my young adolescent mind was more than ready to embrace it. I remember getting closer and closer to the release and one occasion when I made my family keep quiet during dinner because the advert came on the television. My excitement paid off when I finally got my hands on the the game for Christmas on the year of its release, surprisingly the concept worked incredibly well and I got sucked into the world of Kingdom Hearts just like I had got sucked into the Final Fantasy universes. I stuck with the series over the years, unfortunately I have only been able to play the PlayStation titles in the series so I am very much looking forward to playing the upgraded versions in the 1.5 HD Remix release.
    Oh dear, the memories... they're coming back...

I'd bet money you and I played it on the same Christmas morning. I feel a little closer to you already!

Sent via Tapatalk 4

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I don't remember when Kingdom Hearts was released but I do remember the commercials. It wasn't until around fall of 2003, it was nearing my birthday. I was at the local mall intrigued for a new game. That's when I approached to Kingdom Hearts greatest hits. Most of my friends were the ones exhort me to buy the game which I did. Got home, started playing. Didn't know what to do in Destiny Island until I was able to get through; really felt immersed with the game. Couldn't believe I didn't buy earlier ago when it was released. I was in the 8th grade when that happened. Most of my homeroom friends were talking about Sephiroth. They couldn't beat him and such. Until a couple of days later, got to witness Sephiroth, took the time to level up and get some adjustments for the weapons. Heck, I ended up beating him in level 73.

I was already fond of Final Fantasy and I really find it stupid when people complain about Disney characters. I'm a Disney World fanatic; live three hours away, so I'm used to it. It actually complemented the story line perfectly.

27. Likes KyleOnTheRun likes this post

Thread Information