Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 818 ... LastLast
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Just a point.

The Xbox One will not require a "patch".
    Early models will be sold with out the latest dash update. That is all.

Expect later manufactured models to have the dash installed.

So, yes launch models will need it. No, it will not require it on all models sold.
    They also put the patches on game disks.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Just a point.

So, yes launch models will need it. No, it will not require it on all models sold.
    Link?

Forum Overseer
    Just a point.

that's what i'd think too but the way they worded that...made it seem like the initial setup has nothing to do with a patch but it is part of it. even without the patch, they may still be checking to make sure you have an internet connection in the beginning and then not care what happens later. just my speculation depending on what they said.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I read somewhere, one of the hardcore games was already using Kinect seamlessly, and it was with controller in your hand. No standing up, it simply registered the controller in your hands. If you lifted the controller up etc.
    I wish I could remember which game it was.

Forum Sage
    Just a point.

Well if the current system on the 360 is maintained, the update should be able to be delivered on retail game discs. So this shouldn't be a problem.

Forum Overseer
    After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One

What do you make of that? If that were just a patch, they wouldn't even mention that or just say that it's a day one patch that will not be needed later on.

Flaw3d Genius
    Before E3 Xbox One was getting all the attention on here...After E3 PS4 started getting all that attention...After last night Xbox One back on it again at pretty much all the forum is talking about.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Before E3 Xbox One was getting all the attention on here...After E3 PS4 started getting all that attention...After last night Xbox One back on it again at pretty much all the forum is talking about.
    ???

Success!

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    that's what i'd think too but the way they worded that...made it seem like the initial setup has nothing to do with a patch but it is part of it. even without the patch, they may still be checking to make sure you have an internet connection in the beginning and then not care what happens later. just my speculation depending on what they said.
    These early consoles will be made and packed up in the box well before the firmware is finalised. MS had said ages ago they will be working on the firmware even after launch. Its likely the first manufactured models will have nothing more than a basic "go grab the firmware" programme. It is not a "patch". The machine likely is a vegetable without it.

Its so MS gets the most time with the dash firmware as possible.

Given some of these machines will roll off the production line 2 months before launch, they dash will not be ready then.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Well if the current system on the 360 is maintained, the update should be able to be delivered on retail game discs. So this shouldn't be a problem.
    Yes that will happen once they have a stable version, no doubt.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    So what you saying!!

it doesn't cut the fact MS is still untrustworthy when it comes to consumers they lied they upset an made a lot of fans angry an shoved it in our faces saying we don't care what fans want when they came out @E3 we will do it anyways, but being in the wrong state of mind known it was a bad business move for the Xbox One. how many would really trust MS after this?

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    So what you saying!!

it doesn't cut the fact MS is still untrustworthy when it comes to consumers they lied they upset an made a lot of fans angry an shoved it in our faces saying we don't care what fans want when they came out @E3 we will do it anyways, but being in the wrong state of mind known it was a bad business move for the Xbox One. how many would really trust MS after this?
    That is just something we all either have to deal with or vote with our wallets. Sony and MS have always been untrustworthy, money hounds. They are corporations. I don't trust Sony or MS with all their PR stunts, but I want the games that are on their consoles.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    On Kotaku, I think they said that the patch enables offline play or something along the lines of -- but the patch isn't because of the DRM change. Here is the article I read: http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-drm-rever...time-514419715

Here is the exact quote:

A bit weird on how they are phrasing it because he starts of saying not because of the DRM change and then goes on to say patch is required for offline...

I saw this article after you mentioned the day one patch. I hadn't read it before.
    Yeah, I think mynd explained it pretty well a few posts down about the firmware/dash updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Guess we'll wait until launch then.

It's just a shame that you'll have to use an embarrassing avatar as soon as the next-generation starts.
    I have no shame.

I don't believe you'll go as low to say that a firmware update to actually let the system work coincides with your stance on the bet. However, if I get the system home, and can't play a game offline without connecting to the internet first, I'll concede.

Forum Overseer
    These early consoles will be made and packed up in the box well before the firmware is finalised. MS had said ages ago they will be working on the firmware even after launch. Its likely the first manufactured models will have nothing more than a basic "go grab the firmware" programme. It is not a "patch". The machine likely is a vegetable without it.

Its so MS gets the most time with the dash firmware as possible.

Given some of these machines will roll off the production line 2 months before launch, they dash will not be ready then.
    So two reasons for this, 1) Their OS is going to be uber badass. 2) They're late with their OS development and need more time.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    So what you saying!!

If you "trust" any corporation or conglomerate you are in for a nasty surprise.

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    That is just something we all either have to deal with or vote with our wallets. Sony and MS have always been untrustworthy, money hounds. They are corporations. I don't trust Sony or MS with all their PR stunts, but I want the games that are on their consoles.
    Some people honestly have the mindset that Sony or Microsoft are their best friends!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I don't believe you'll go as low to say that a firmware update to actually let the system work coincides with your stance on the bet.
    I'm as low as they come.

Forum Sage
    Yeah, I think mynd explained it pretty well a few posts down about the firmware/dash updates.

I have no shame.

I don't believe you'll go as low to say that a firmware update to actually let the system work coincides with your stance on the bet. However, if I get the system home, and can't play a game offline without connecting to the internet first, I'll concede.
    I had to re-read what mynd said, but yeah it makes sense.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    So two reasons for this, 1) Their OS is going to be uber badass. 2) They're late with their OS development and need more time.
    It's going to have WINDOWS on it...I would say..um..no. LOL.

Forum Overseer
    The PS4 can do much more than just play games. Previously with the PS1/2 sony's focus on the console was the games. Nothing else to distract them. Which is why both consoles amassed the largest game libraries of any other consoles in existence.

Today there are many more things Sony needs to focus on, from the PSN network/store, to the non gaming/social features and beyond. Because of these distractions they can never again be as dedicated to games as they were with the PS1/2. Sure they can add features to improve/change the overall gaming experience, but as far as the number of games are concerned and Sony's focus, we will never see what was accomplished with the PS1/2 ever again.
    That has got to be the weakest reason I have ever heard.

I have disproved all of your comments and this is what you come up with lol.

Sony's infrastructure had increased tremendously during the PS3 years...that part of your argument gets thrown right out the window.

Secondly, how is focusing on things that "gamers" want, a distraction? Do we NOT want a store? Do we NOT want gaming features? dedicated servers?

So all the resources Sony had during the PS2 years and all of that is gone due to PSN store and ... updates? haha.

Ok dude *thumbs up* I guess they need to hire more than 5 engineers they have at the corporate office.

21. Likes Ghost likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I'm as low as they come.
    Bravo! lol. This has been an exciting back and forth lol. Enjoying it. Can't wait to see how this all goes into the winding down days to launch, and then when we get them in our houses.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Link?
    http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-drm-rever...ium=Socialflow

Microsoft clarifies that the planned day-one Xbox One update, which Whitten told me, will "complete some of the software that won’t be there," is actually not a result of today's DRM policy change. Rather, it was always planned and will simply be required for playing off-line, among other things. Not a patch, they say. But, yes, your new Xbox console would have to connect online once in order to do the things Microsoft described today. And then you can keep it offline and play games without re-connecting to the Internet forever.
    There is also an interview somewhere with the software guys where they said they will be working on it up till and after launch.
    Last edited by mynd; 06-20-2013 at 21:13.

Forum Overseer
    Bravo! lol. This has been an exciting back and forth lol. Enjoying it. Can't wait to see how this all goes into the winding down days to launch, and then when we get them in our houses.
    that's actually one of my theories as well lol.

for example. why would they give you a barebones console anyway? unless like i mentioned, they are late in their development ...as Sony isn't doing this, to my knowledge or it just must be a badass OS that needs extra attention and thus the barebones firmware justified.

so there's no way to just put in the game without a connection because you have a barebones firmware, you have to update that...you need a connection. it's like sony saying, we're not forcing you to update but PSN won't be available if you don't update.

one can argue that this would be an effective way to see if someone has a connection, at least once in the beginning.

so im curious what will happen once the firmware is updated as production moves along.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Congratulations to Xbox gamers. Regardless of why they did it, at least its done. Goes to show you that they will still make money and not miss a beat.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

!! Watch Your Step !!
    Items Final Fantasy VIIPlayStationPS3 Slim
    What is the main purpose of a business? To make money. To think that Sony wouldn't have done the same as MS if they could get away with it is foolish at best and the apex of naivety at worst.

Don't worry though, it won't matter at all wit the PS5 and that generation of consoles. They will be DD only and laden with DRM.

Also you completely ignored my second point about what sony did with the PS3.
    in reply, I am neither foolish or naïve as the discussion was not about each companies planned profits from the next gen was it?? I didn't comment on what a business is trying to do with its time as that was not the thread discussion. It is common sense that all companies want to maximise profits in any way possible. however, to indulge your comment, yes it would make sense that sony have similar plans on the drawing board for future DRM systems, but the difference is, and the whole point of the controversy, is that MS tried to implement it and had to publicly back down, sony did neither.

as for your second point, I did not simply ignore it, it was off topic from our conversation, we are talking about the next gen and mistakes that are being made even before launch, from both sides (MS attempted DRM and sony working a way in to start charging for online gaming, albeit with gifts thrown in to the deal). we are not discussing past generational mistakes, but if it appeases you I agree that sony made more mistakes in the current gen than MS have, hence it taking so long for sony to catch up in machine sales and the fight being so even this gen from a previously strong position with the ps2 generation vs the original xbox ( I hate that we cant call the 1st xbox the xbox 1 any more lol). I hope this answers your comments.
    Now Playing: PS4!!!!
    Join us for some online LOLZ - The BnW Clan est. 2008

Thread Information