Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 414 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Oh thank the heavens!

Now drop the price $100 and throw out that $#@!ty camera!

A lot of egos probably hurting at Microsoft considering this is a complete 180 on something they've probably planned for years. Consumers win

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    Agreed! They didn't listen, they just saw 90% of their user base jump ship...if they listened to people, this would have never happened in the first place.
    Yep. All they had to do was look at Xbox.com. lol

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Having Kinect required isn't as bad as their online requirement was. Good thing they changed it!
    The kinect is a complete non issue. It only "listens" for Xbox ON and even when the console is on, you can disable it completely outside of games. It has to remain plugged in, so what. The features can be shut off.

I don't see how this gets people so angry
    LMAO

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    I feel for the poor PR department for having to deal with this living hell for an entire month. Microsoft can go suck a big, fat one for even wanting to cash in on us as "sheep" that would follow their lead wherever they would take us. As for their public image now? I think it's been pretty damn damaged and look like the underdog (bar Nintendo who just mind their own business) for giving in and standing down on their statements.

However, who wins in the end? GAMERS! We have shaped the future of gaming together people, and I couldn't be prouder of people standing by their beliefs and doing what's right. Sony too delivered some well landed blows to MS's stupid business strategy.

Welcome back Xbox fans, you deserve your freedom now
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    I don't see that.. I see them as having proposed something new and got smacked in the face that people didn't want it.

So rather than ram it down people's throats, they did the simple thing and got rid of the awesome family share concept and went back to reliance on discs.
    While I am glad that they dropped this and didn't ram it down everybody's throat, they should have done their research ahead of time and talked to people which would of made them realize this was a bad idea to begin with...

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    The kinect is a complete non issue. It only "listens" for Xbox ON and even when the console is on, you can disable it completely outside of games. It has to remain plugged in, so what. The features can be shut off. I don't see how this gets people so angry
    Its the reason the console is 500 bucks. I dont want to pay extra for something I'll never use.

Forum Sage
    I don't see that.. I see them as having proposed something new and got smacked in the face that people didn't want it.

So rather than ram it down people's throats, they did the simple thing and got rid of the awesome family share concept and went back to reliance on discs.
    You basically said the same thing, lol. He isn't exactly wrong....I think his point was that how did Microsoft even consider the restrictions thinking their audience wanted it. They said they researched it and everything....

The kinect is a complete non issue. It only "listens" for Xbox ON and even when the console is on, you can disable it completely outside of games. It has to remain plugged in, so what. The features can be shut off.

I think it's the having to pay for something they don't want being the bigger issue with Kinect being there.
    Last edited by sainraja; 06-19-2013 at 22:26.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Its the reason the console is 500 bucks. I dont want to pay extra for something I'll never use.
    While i can agree with that, I can also say that having it STANDARD equipment means that devs don't have to worry about people who don't have the camera, or audio capability. It is just there for them to use or not.

That IS a benefit to some who know it is there for the picking.
    LMAO

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Pretty much. lol Options are great.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Power Member
    Good news for those buying. Won't get me on board any sooner. Main reason being MS track record of MUST own exclusives and the fact you can count them on one hand when it comes to the 360. Price too needs to drop, as others mentioned

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    You basically said the same thing, lol. He isn't exactly wrong....I think his point was that how did Microsoft even consider the restrictions thinking their audience wanted it. They said they researched it and everything....

I think they understood perfectly that people would recoil. However, I don't think they realized how much. Now, seeing how it did, they are reversing course.

I think they planned for the reversal.
    LMAO

Soldier 95B
    I buy a lot of things that have features I will never use. But I understand that others will use them.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    Pretty much. lol Options are great.
    I agree. I love options.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself

If you can disable it and make it not needed then they should allow you to unplug it, just the whole point of it having to be plugged in even if it is disabled just screams 'fishy', I don't exactly have a whole lot of trust in Microsoft...

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Apprentice
    Get rid of Kinect and we'll do business when it's 200. Don't want Kinect at all

Feel Free to Add Me on PSN

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopkiwi View Post
    Main reason being MS track record of MUST own exclusives and the fact you can count them on one hand when it comes to the 360.
    They have the largest and best line up this gen, IMO.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    a great day for gamers indeed

PSU Technical Advisor
    Good, I'm glad they yanked their head out of their ass. Wish they could do something about being $100 more than their competition and sporting weaker silicon, but w\e.

This is a giant leap for gamers everywhere. We came together and said "NO" and the industry -had- to step back and listen to us. Can you imagine the future of console gaming if MS had just blazed through with these features unchallenged? Horrifying precedent.

19. Likes Nerevar , Cyn , Thorzilla likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Unexpected given the timing. If they were gonna 180 why not you know, last week?

Still, big big win for consumer rights. Now I hope the minority who blindly defended those policies feel silly.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I buy a lot of things that have features I will never use. But I understand that others will use them.
    Thats fine. But I like having options. Especially when it saves me 100 bucks that I can use for games.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    Good, I'm glad they yanked their head out of their ass. Wish they could do something about being $100 more than their competition and sporting weaker silicon, but w\e.

This is a giant leap for gamers everywhere. We came together and said "NO" and the industry -had- to step back and listen to us. Can you imagine the future of console gaming if MS had just blazed through with these features unchallenged? Horrifying precedent.
    This, coupled with EA dropping online passes. I hope more drop their passes too.

Forum Sage
    I think they understood perfectly that people would recoil. However, I don't think they realized how much. Now, seeing how it did, they are reversing course.

I think they planned for the reversal.
    Yeah, I agree with that. They didn't expect the type of reaction they got.

Soldier 95B
    Thats fine. But I like having options. Especially when it saves me 100 bucks that I can use for games.
    Don't we all.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    ^$#@! are you talking about soldier? You gladly accepted their previous policies with no questions asked. So no, you didn't like options.
    If you can disable it and make it not needed then they should allow you to unplug it, just the whole point of it having to be plugged in even if it is disabled just screams 'fishy', I don't exactly have a whole lot of trust in Microsoft...
    plus, if it's listening for xbox on/off then it has to listen for other words
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

26. Likes Cyn likes this post
    Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    I just don't see the issue. If you don't use it, have it turned off, etc... what does it matter if it is plugged in?

I dunno, guess I am just a trusting person, but if I was really concerned about it, I would just block out the sensor when not in use.

As a person who thinks on the side of game devs, I would be happy to know that there isn't a console out there that can't use a feature we want to implement. Knowing the entire userbase can use the facet of the game you are dreaming about and don't have to create alternate control options. It is a good thing to have your console with options, as a consumer, but as a game dev, standardization like this is a good thing.

I would prob end up buying Kinect 2.0 anyway, just like I will likely get the new EYE for my PS4...
    LMAO

Thread Information