View Poll Results: PlayStation 4 vs Xbox One after changed policies . . .

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • I think the PS4 is the superior package

34 91.89%
  • Now I think the Xbox One is the superior package

3 8.11%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Shoving in Blu-Ray to win the format war even though it had no advantage for games.
    Come on man, peope are still saying this? It did benefit games, a $#@! load too:

LittleBigPlanet 1/2
    MGS4
    Uncharted 1-3
    Final Fantasy XIII
    God of War 3/A
    Gran Turismo 5
    Killzone 2/3
    Ni no Kuni

the list goes on and on and a lot of these games cannot be done on multiple discs either, FF13 is one of the few that was built with multiple discs in mind.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Yeah just googled it... about a third of 360 users play offline.
    Sweet so you confirmed that 1/3 of Xbox 360 owners don't have Internet.

Who needs surveys and census when PBM already confirmed this with TwoForTheMoney.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Total xbox 360's = 77m
    Total Xbox Live accounts = 48m

I doubt if those 29m people(who some may think has the internet without having a live account) will connect their xbones in order to get it to play video games(something most expect straight out the box).
    You said they are all without Internet. I am quoting you. I think it's funny that you think that.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Both are going to be great, Both are getting bought. Seems Xbox One will have the edge at launch with a better line up and dedicated servers for online games.
    Don't forget that edge of having a $100 higher price tag. That makes them the obvious choice. I wouldn't go touting off about launch titles until closer to time to launch. Many titles on the past were launch titles and got pushed back. But I didn't see anything that was a day one buy in the exclusives department that they showed. That's just me though.

As for the situation at hand. I look at this like that girlfriend that cheated on you but admits what she did was wrong and says she has changed. Many will take her back but a lot of trust is gone. Quite a few will move on to another girlfriend.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

5. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    There's no defense you can use for this issue and the point I'm making. It needs to be connected once. Those with no internet can't do it. Period. Case close. That's over 20million 360 owners.
    So do it in the store, at a friends house, the library, local college campus, ect. Seriously if you are in a location with no broadband internet access at all then I don't see the point in buying one of these consoles.

And you are not accounting for owners who have multiple consoles but only connected some, or 1 to the internet and use the rest in various offline ways.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    The Blu-ray was a selling point for me and I still use that feature.

Their words about when next gen starts are just that... words... and didn't affect me in any way whatsoever.

1080p standard really is entirely up to developers. $#@!loads of 360 games are 720p... so this is not a Sony issue. 1080p TVs at the time were also expensive as $#@! and so were Blu-ray players.

The crap MS pulled alienated a lot of their fans... even the hardcore ones... whereas with PS3 it just made Sony sound like arrogant $#@!s. What MS was doing was taking a fat dump on the way games have been bought/sold for the last 3 decades.

So because they waited 9 days after sony stated their stance (and this is well before launch) what they did is unforgivable? C'mon man give me a break.

And you have no idea what will happen with the PS5 and that generation of consoles which will likely be DD only, the policies will definitely be much worse than they are now.

Sorry but what MS did is no different than what sony did with the PS3, except MS reversed course before launch so that people wouldn't have to deal with their decisions throughout the lifetime of the console.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Come on man, peope are still saying this? It did benefit games, a $#@! load too:

LittleBigPlanet 1/2
    MGS4
    Uncharted 1-3
    Final Fantasy XIII
    God of War 3/A
    Gran Turismo 5
    Killzone 2/3
    Ni no Kuni

the list goes on and on and a lot of these games cannot be done on multiple discs either, FF13 is one of the few that was built with multiple discs in mind.
    People said that without Blu-Ray (or a comparable disc format) the 360 would be dead. That obviously didn't turn out to be the case. And you can't tell me that sony wouldn't have done significantly better this generation if they went with DVD instead of Blu -Ray in the PS4. Lower price, no 1 year gap, greater console availability, ect. All these things would have significantly benefited sony.

Veteran
    There is still the problems of:

1. Weaker Hardware
    2. Forced Spy Camera
    3. $100 more expensive

Sony still has the advantage.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    ps4 still for me.....im a hardcore sony fanboy all the way...but i will say this....

i think its safe to say that regardless of bias towards one system or another, gamers as a whole won a huge battle this evening. we as consumers should not take that from companies like microsoft, and their outcry and rage won the day.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Don't forget that edge of having a $100 higher price tag. That makes them the obvious choice. I wouldn't go touting off about launch titles until closer to time to launch. Many titles on the past were launch titles and got pushed back. But I didn't see anything that was a day one buy in the exclusives department that they showed. That's just me though.

As for the situation at hand. I look at this like that girlfriend that cheated on you but admits what she did was wrong and says she has changed. Many will take her back but a lot of trust is gone. Quite a few will move on to another girlfriend.
    More like the GF who talked about cheating on you, but didn't go through with it and admits that thinking about it was wrong and says she has changed. Which is true for basically everyone.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    ps4 still for me.....im a hardcore sony fanboy all the way...but i will say this....

i think its safe to say that regardless of bias towards one system or another, gamers as a whole won a huge battle this evening. we as consumers should not take that from companies like microsoft, and their outcry and rage won the day.
    Yep. I think consumers of any product need to realize if they all stand together, they can make a change.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

11. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Shoving in Blu-Ray to win the format war even though it had no advantage for games.
    Doesn't Blu-Ray have more storage than DVD?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    More like the GF who talked about cheating on you, but didn't go through with it and admits that thinking about it was wrong and says she has changed. Which is true for basically everyone.
    She just made out with a guy but didn't go any further. Then she thought about how mad you would be so she stopped before it got too out of hand. She also had the idea of how much money you had spent on her over the years and she knew that would stop if you broke up with her. And then that Damn new Gf with slightly bigger chest and ass would be getting all that money you used to spend on her. Then she runs home crying and telling you she screwed up and she will change.

14. Likes FireSol likes this post
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    Doesn't Blu-Ray have more storage than DVD?
    About 6 times the storage of DVD, yes. And the Xbox One is now using it as well.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    She just made out with a guy but didn't go any further. Then she thought about how mad you would be so she stopped before it got too out of hand. She also had the idea of how much money you had spent on her over the years and she knew that would stop if you broke up with her. And then that Damn new Gf with slightly bigger chest and ass would be getting all that money you used to spend on her. Then she runs home crying and telling you she screwed up and she will change.
    So I take it you've never been to a party and had a girl have a go at you before you stopped her?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    So I take it you've never been to a party and had a girl have a go at you before you stopped her?
    All just a big joke for a laugh. Lol guess it didn't work. And yes, they seem to be more attached to you when you are taken.

Ultimate Veteran
    Closing this thread temporarily.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Items Joker (limited ICON)Big BossRaiden
    Thread open now, keep it on topic.

Superior Member

I know two people who were self-proclaimed Xbots, they were both furious after the conferences, it was very entertaining. One of them even had to "get out of the house and go for a drive" to cool off, now they've both pre-ordered the PS4.

I was probably going to get an Xbone after about a two years, but MS proved to me that they're just a disease to console gaming.

My brother was going to get an Xbone until he learned of the always online component. He doesn't have internet, and he doesn't want it, it's jsut another expense to him, and he just goes to our mothers house to use it when he needs it, or he just calls me to look something up, so now he's just going to get a PS4. I'll probably get a PS4 sometime around January/February assuming they're not sold out at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    CCccccccccccombo breaker!! lmao

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Apprentice
    If they didn't require Kinect then yes but for now no. Getting myself a pS4 and WiiU

Sent from my Nexus 4

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    There is still the problems of: 1. Weaker Hardware 2. Forced Spy Camera 3. $100 more expensive Sony still has the advantage.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Lose the Kinect and have it at $400 then I'd say they've outdone the PS4, no doubt about it they had more games at E3. If MS drops having to pay for online (VERY unlikely) then I'd actually switch.
    I thought you were done with consoles and going PC only?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I thought you were done with consoles and going PC only?
    Sony Vendetta confirmed?

Did Kaz, Jack, and Shu spit roast some crush of his or something?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Ultimate Veteran
    $100 more for 1.2 TFlops? Wat?!

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    $100 more for 1.2 TFlops? Wat?!
    Out of curiosity what is the difference in Tflops for Xbox 360 & PS3?

Elite Guru
    Can you define 'superior'? It's very subjective.

As it stands, I think the Sony console offers better value for money. Thus, I vote PS4.
    Last edited by *goo; 06-20-2013 at 18:12.

Thread Information