View Poll Results: Who is reconsidering the Xbox One?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • I had already preordered.

5 11.11%
  • I will preorder.

4 8.89%
  • Thinking of preordering, otherwise I'll probably get it later on.

5 11.11%
  • I might get it at some point.

30 66.67%
  • I preordered and am now reconsidering.

1 2.22%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Haven't they sort of done that though? The have games like project spark and even have a exclusive fighting game now. Then you have Quantum Break which can be compared to something David Cage would make. Ryse is also a genre that they really haven't explored before.
    They did a good job with exclusives. If they continue with that then I will be very tempted to buy One. There is still that gigantic genre they are missing, RPGs. I'm not a huge fan but this is always something that MS has been missing. They tried lost Odyssee and many people loved it. But that seemed like a one time thing, just to provoke Japan to adopt. MS just focuses to much on action. Even if the genre is something newer they still seem like they have to Michael Bay it.

They are on a better track than they have been over the past couple years in my eyes. But MS just doesn't seem to have something in their studios that can create something with a good balance of action mixed in with some superb story and great character development. You know MS just doesn't seem to have a ND or Santa Monica type of team. They seem to focus on bring an action packed experience over a well balanced story with great gameplay to boot.

I will say though I have not owned am Xbox for some 3 years now so I could be missing something but everything over that time I saw never jumped out no matter what the genre. I would be glad to take a look at some games you might think are. Also one exclusive I did not see at the reveal was D4 so I can't say anything about that because I simply haven't seen it.

Just from the reveal here is what I saw. This is what I'm taking about.

Ryse-Action game. (Crytek is making this so I'm not expecting a deeply involved experience.)
    Titanfall- Goes without saying
    Quantum Break- The only one of the bunch that has potential to fall into this category.
    D4-Missed the reveal unfortunately
    Sunset Overdrive- Doesn't seem like much going on there.
    Halo
    I can't recall the name of the game of the game where he was manipulating the earth and what not. Looked like a cool game but again. Falls under this.

Again there is nothing wrong with this focus as what seems to me is gameplay over story/ dialogue. I guess saying needs to expand on genres is only slightly true but more of what I mentioned is what has always been my lack of interest in the Xbox exclusives. Please make any exclusives I might have missed. I think I got most of them though.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    They did a good job with exclusives. If they continue with that then I will be very tempted to buy One. There is still that gigantic genre they are missing, RPGs. I'm not a huge fan but this is always something that MS has been missing. They tried lost Odyssee and many people loved it. But that seemed like a one time thing, just to provoke Japan to adopt. MS just focuses to much on action. Even if the genre is something newer they still seem like they have to Michael Bay it.

They are on a better track than they have been over the past couple years in my eyes. But MS just doesn't seem to have something in their studios that can create something with a good balance of action mixed in with some superb story and great character development. You know MS just doesn't seem to have a ND or Santa Monica type of team. They seem to focus on bring an action packed experience over a well balanced story with great gameplay to boot.

I will say though I have not owned am Xbox for some 3 years now so I could be missing something but everything over that time I saw never jumped out no matter what the genre. I would be glad to take a look at some games you might think are. Also one exclusive I did not see at the reveal was D4 so I can't say anything about that because I simply haven't seen it.

Just from the reveal here is what I saw. This is what I'm taking about.

Ryse-Action game. (Crytek is making this so I'm not expecting a deeply involved experience.)
    Titanfall- Goes without saying
    Quantum Break- The only one of the bunch that has potential to fall into this category.
    D4-Missed the reveal unfortunately
    Sunset Overdrive- Doesn't seem like much going on there.
    Halo
    I can't recall the name of the game of the game where he was manipulating the earth and what not. Looked like a cool game but again. Falls under this.

Again there is nothing wrong with this focus as what seems to me is gameplay over story/ dialogue. I guess saying needs to expand on genres is only slightly true but more of what I mentioned is what has always been my lack of interest in the Xbox exclusives. Please make any exclusives I might have missed. I think I got most of them though.
    Well the whole industry is guilty of the Michael Bay thing . I think MS does have some very capable devs in their arsenal as well. Maybe not as good as a ND but they are getting there with teams like 343 and Team Dakota. As for RPGs there was nothing from their studios but Fable but xbox 360 did have a rather large amount of them. Some were exclusive too.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 06-22-2013 at 21:44.

PSN ID
    fLiPdAtwAy
    I have a 360 now and without a better defined idea of the console as compared to what I want from it, I won't be getting one until after I hear more about their games. Speaking for me I have a more interest in Sony studio developed games then what MS does. Even though I buy a Halo here and there and I have completed the Gears trilogy I have more interest in Uncharted, Infamous, God of War and a lot of the other stuff Sony publishes. Can't get enough of The Last of Us right now

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Well the whole industry is guilty of the Michael Bay thing . I think MS does have some very capable devs in their arsenal as well. Maybe not as good as a ND but they are getting there with teams like 343 and Team Dakota. As for RPGs there was nothing from their studios but Fable but xbox 360 did have a rather large amount of them. Some were exclusive too.
    Trust me I'm not putting a halo over the rest of the industry and not ms. The bang boom 'splosions games are very abundant. But mostly just the game that ms 1st party produce are awesome in game play but they seem to me lack a bunch of other great aspects that make for a complete game experience.

They make quality games, I won't take anything away from them. But in my opinion from an all around experience they don't touch some of the Sony's premiere studio games. This is of
    course is preference so no need to really argue that. What I like can be completely different from the next. It just seems that Ms first party don't seem to target me. I just hope they branch out with some of their new studios and go for a different experience than they usually go for.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

5. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    When the price is down and better exclusives are out, I might get it now.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    ANDYENG
    When they prove that kinect is worth being bundled. So far all Ive seen is voice recognition and gestures. Not worth the extra 80 if you ask me.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    is this poll a trick question?

where is the no option?
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by victorijapoosp View Post
    is this poll a trick question?

where is the no option?
    It isn't a trick question. The question is who is considering getting one. Not who is considering "not" getting one. So only people considering getting one need apply.

Dedicated Member
    No, sir.

Super Elite
    I am unsure whether to stick with PC which I spent 600 on building or to jump ship completely to Xbox one I think I will wait a while until I see how the trends set.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Thread Information