Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2434 ... LastLast
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    I haven't been this impressed with a game in a long while.
    I can't find the words to describe it, seriously.
    Logged around 8 hours, 12% complete with 2 trophies
    damn 2 trophies? $#@!

moving on tapatalk

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

PSN ID
    jmargraves
    I haven't been this impressed with a game in a long while.
    I can't find the words to describe it, seriously.
    Logged around 8 hours, 12% complete with 2 trophies
    In all seriousness though Supra...I'm glad man. It's awesome to actually find a game that you can enjoy and play just to play. I haven't had a game like that in a long time. I tried it with Diablo 3 and reverted back to the guide because I got tired of dungeon crawling. I've heard good things about "Darkness 2" and I popped that in right before work today, so that's next on my agenda.

PSN ID
    Brenden3
    Quote Originally Posted by jmargraves View Post
    In all seriousness though Supra...I'm glad man. It's awesome to actually find a game that you can enjoy and play just to play. I haven't had a game like that in a long time. I tried it with Diablo 3 and reverted back to the guide because I got tired of dungeon crawling. I've heard good things about "Darkness 2" and I popped that in right before work today, so that's next on my agenda.
    Darkness 2 was one of my favourite games and a big surprise, didn't expect it to be that great but I absolutely loved it.
    Check out my youtube videos!

PSN ID
    jmargraves
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenden3 View Post
    Darkness 2 was one of my favourite games and a big surprise, didn't expect it to be that great but I absolutely loved it.
    That's the consensus that I keep hearing about the game..I haven't heard anyone say that they didn't like it yet! I literally just got dragged through the restaurant and had to go to work, so I can't make a foregone conclusion as of yet! I do enjoy shooting bullets though!

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    I've had Darkness 2 since release, still in the wrapper from new. Damn backlog
    I reckon I'm pretty much done with trophy hunting after this tournament.
    GTA's made me realise a lot of things and rejuvenated gaming in a good way for me. There used to be so many games I enjoyed playing for fun which I haven't played in ages with being addicted to the ping from trophies. Looking back I even remember being disappointed with some games when I got the plat because I new it was the end of the road and time to play something else even though I was enjoying the game! Battlefield 3 for instance, even bought the Premium subscription, ranked up to 50, all ribbons achieved, Assignments complete, then ping, platinum. Game hasn't been back in since.
    Its time to start enjoying gaming again for me and not being worried about some damn collectable or playing on the hardest difficulty or 'x' amount of kills etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

6. Likes Beast of Bourbon likes this post
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    GTA's made me realise a lot of things and rejuvenated gaming in a good way for me. There used to be so many games I enjoyed playing for fun which I haven't played in ages with being addicted to the ping from trophies. Looking back I even remember being disappointed with some games when I got the plat because I new it was the end of the road and time to play something else even though I was enjoying the game! Battlefield 3 for instance, even bought the Premium subscription, ranked up to 50, all ribbons achieved, Assignments complete, then ping, platinum. Game hasn't been back in since.
    Its time to start enjoying gaming again for me and not being worried about some damn collectable or playing on the hardest difficulty or 'x' amount of kills etc.

well I'm downloading gta v at the moment and if it's as good as you say it is then I really hope that happens to me. I've become quite the trophy $#@! since this competition started

moving on tapatalk

PSN ID
    Brenden3

I can relate to this, after sinking many many many hours into GTA V I have no urge at all to change games and go and trophy hunt right now, I just can't get enough of the game its incredible.
    Check out my youtube videos!

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    ohhhh yeaaaa I'm having loads of fun on gta v. played for 4 hours and only earned one trophy

moving on tapatalk

PSN ID
    jmargraves
    In other news I'm having a blast playing The Darkness 2! The voice acting is really good...and the game is funny to me. I quite enjoy Johnny's character (especially reading the descriptions of the artifacts) - I'm on chapter 13/19 at the moment - woot!

Veteran
    In other news I'm having a blast playing The Darkness 2! The voice acting is really good...and the game is funny to me. I quite enjoy Johnny's character (especially reading the descriptions of the artifacts) - I'm on chapter 13/19 at the moment - woot!
    Sounds good mate, may give it a blast after GTA. I enjoyed the first. May not get it on it this round though, logged 13 hours in GTA and 29% complete

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901

PSU Marathon Trophy Tournament Sign-Up Thread

Sounds good mate, may give it a blast after GTA. I enjoyed the first. May not get it on it this round though, logged 13 hours in GTA and 29% complete

$#@! dude I've put like 10 hrs and only 9% done lol. u were right bro, this game is what gaming is all about, having fun.

moving on tapatalk

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Got my second GTA V trophy yesterday *fistpump*
    I can play as Trevor now..... that introduction - damn man

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Bourbon View Post
    Got my second GTA V trophy yesterday *fistpump*
    I can play as Trevor now..... that introduction - damn man
    What a character he is, some of his one liners are ace and crack me up!

Playing the stock market at the mo, around $400k up

I haven't come across 1 mission, side mission or random mission yet that hasn't entertained. Usually some missions in sand boxes can become a drag but everything so far has been nailed to perfection. Loving it

PSN ID
    jmargraves

I haven't come across 1 mission, side mission or random mission yet that hasn't entertained. Usually some missions in sand boxes can become a drag but everything so far has been nailed to perfection. Loving it

Absolutely absurd....day one sales report - GTA5 sells 800 million in one day......um.....really??? lolol. I contributed to the figures by buying and selling 2 of the collector's editions on Ebay..but jesus man....that is nuts.....

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666

They really outdid themselfs with the characters this time, they're all awesome.

If you just want to wreak havoc though there's none better then Trevor
    Most peds seem to react hostile to him.
    I was just walking down the beach the other day after i evaded the cops by driving my car into the ocean and met a few teens partying at the beach.

Almost instantly they were all like "Get lost you loser" and $#@! like that.
    I pulled out my AR and scared those little $#@!s off.
    Put away my gun and walked on.
    I was almost back at the street when i met a single girl that said "Just stay away from me" as i walked past her.
    I stood still for a second (still pissed off by the teens i met 1 minute ago) turned around and punched her soul into the netherrealms with a single heavy punch to the side of the head.

I put the controller down and laughed for 2 minutes.
    This game could last me years.

*cough* Oh and i got my 3rd trophy but not for that
    Last edited by Beast of Bourbon; 09-20-2013 at 07:48.

Veteran
    Absolutely absurd....day one sales report - GTA5 sells 800 million in one day......um.....really??? lolol. I contributed to the figures by buying and selling 2 of the collector's editions on Ebay..but jesus man....that is nuts.....
    With the cash from them you should pick up a standard copy. If you're a fan of GTA (or not!) you wouldn't regret it.

@Beast

Sounds class

I had 2 amazing missions yesterday that I've replayed afew times just for the hell of it.
    Keep an eye out for: mission 42 and mission 44 (edited titles out incase of spoilers).
    I was shaking my head in amazement at some parts thinking how is this happening, it's freakin amazing!

Gotta get back to it, was gonna give it a break this morning but talking about it has got me all excited again

Edited to add,
    You may already know but if you don't, you do not have to get every check box ticked in 1 run through of a mission for a gold rating. You only need to aim for the things missed off at the end.

For example if a mission has these requirements: 80% shooting accuracy, 6 headshots, Not a scratch and 5 min time limit. You can aim for 1 of the requirements then revisit it for another requirement, same again and get the gold for completing them all separately. They all don't have to be completed in 1 playthrough

Last edited by GazzaGSi; 09-20-2013 at 08:49.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    I haven't repeated and missions yet so I have a few questions:
    1 do you get additional money for replaying them?
    2 I heard rumors that replaying missions can mess up your gamefile / overall progress. Did you run into any problems?!

Bonus question: How can I earn money as fas as possible?!
    I bought a few properties but the income seems pretty low compared to the price I had to pay to purchase it :/
    Stock market could be interesting but I have no idea which company I should invest in atm.

P.S. this is now a GTA thread, sorry Laso

Tapatalkin'

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Bourbon View Post
    I haven't repeated and missions yet so I have a few questions:
    1 do you get additional money for replaying them?
    2 I heard rumors that replaying missions can mess up your gamefile / overall progress. Did you run into any problems?!

Bonus question: How can I earn money as fas as possible?!
    I bought a few properties but the income seems pretty low compared to the price I had to pay to purchase it :/
    Stock market could be interesting but I have no idea which company I should invest in atm.

P.S. this is now a GTA thread, sorry Laso

Tapatalkin'
    You get abit of cash but some missions don't have pay outs anyway. I only repeated the 2 missions I mentioned above as I just had to do them again

Not had no problems with saves or messing up etc.

Earning money:
    Right, there is minimal money to be had buying properties etc. I've bought the cab firm for 200k and get around 6k a week back IIRC. You need to invest in the share market for big bucks.

I started realising that the game gives massive clues on where to invest prior to missions. For instance, if your about to hold up a jewellers, invest heavily in another jewellers prior to the hold up. The company's shares you hold up will sink, it's competitions shares will rise. Remember to do shares for all 3 characters too, their money is all individual so you can invest 3 times. Later in the game you get assassination contracts with Lester (L on the map), pay very close attention to these (can't really say much more without spoiling).
    You can also work it the other way, after a company's shares has sunk, buy a huge amount and carry on playing the game for a while and watch them gradually rise as the company gets back on its feet. This does take time though.

Don't waste money are guns or car mods for the time being, you need to invest heavily to get bigger payouts, then treat yourself to the 22" rims or RPG

Last edited by GazzaGSi; 09-20-2013 at 09:19.

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Alright thx, looks like i'll just have to wait a little longer till get such a mission again then
    IIRC the Golf Club costs 150million?!

I wonder how long it'll take to get that much dough

Veteran
    Just took these 2 quick snaps, not bad for 10 minutes work

150 mil may take abit longer
    But it's a start

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    ok quick question, at what point in the game can u start playing the stock market? I've completed about 17 missions and I don't remember any mention of it

moving on tapatalk

Veteran
    Get your mobile up, select internet and the stock market tab, can't remember what it's called off the top of my head.

PSU Reviews Editor, Hit Series Creator
    PSN ID
    MelegantPrime
    http://www.psu.com/a021070/DriveClub...hands-on-video

Check out this and more on the front page from me at the Sony VIP booth at TGS for hands-on PS4 footage.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Get your mobile up, select internet and the stock market tab, can't remember what it's called off the top of my head.

ah thanks.

moving on tapatalk

PSN ID
    jmargraves
    Just closed out The Darkness II for its plat! Overall a pretty fun game, I wasn't displeased at all with the experience. At work for the next 4 days....not sure what's next on the frying pan....Sniper Elite V2 perhaps?

Thread Information