Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    No response needed. Sony said that E3 was 'one good day' but that they need to keep the momentum up and not rest on their laurels. What MS did wasn't any kind of serious threat to Sony, it just took the noose away from Xbone's neck and gave it a fighting chance at competition this gen.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Actually, I know how Sony can respond...

They just need to make a one minute commercial of Mark Cerny just talking about the PS4. He will hypnotize the populace.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I don't expect them to do any. But if they do bring back online mp I called it!

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Actually, I know how Sony can respond... They just need to make a one minute commercial of Mark Cerny just talking about the PS4. He will hypnotize the populace.
    Yep. I can listen to him talk about the PS4 hardware all day. lol

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Sony doesn't need to respond. They've been upfront with what their console has to offer, it has better overall value, and it never attempted to throw it's potential customers under the bus. Simple. From here on out it will just need to be simple ad campaigns and marketing. Remind the populace where the best place to game is. Don't try to sell the public on gimmicks in order to move units.

It will be a matter of advertising in the US and UK. The Playstation brand has it in the bag everywhere else in the world. The negative press will remain until launch.
    Last edited by unicron7; 06-20-2013 at 20:06.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I guess it all depends. MS played catch up and sony played a bit of catch-up with the pay multi-player that was inevitable.
    What Sony did there though wasn't the same kind of catch up. It was certainly a method to increase their profits, which follows the plan Microsoft has had going for years, true. Sony also has made the change gradually however, making it an option, and now still making it optional, just paywalling multi-player. Sony isn't blocking off access to most online features, just a very small handful (if not just the one feature as I understand it). Microsoft, however, was playing catch-up in that before the systems even released, they had fallen behind. That said, I see nothing wrong in adopting other policies, especially when they benefit the gaming demographic. So sure, there's been adaptations and catch-up, but it should be leading to a better gaming ecosystem over all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Actually, I know how Sony can respond...

They just need to make a one minute commercial of Mark Cerny just talking about the PS4. He will hypnotize the populace.
    Agreed. Mark Cerny is a very charismatic individual. I think he and Jack are my favorite guys in the industry. They just seem the most likable. (As a Sony fan, I may be slightly biased, however)
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Mark Cerny reminds me of...

Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

8. Likes Sub-stance1 likes this post

PSN ID
    ckarlic
    They dont have to do anything in my opinion. Playstation guy myself so I was getting the PS4 no matter what the Microsoft did. Microsoft did what they did to save face.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by nextgen3 View Post
    Just because PSN+ is charging for us to play MP online which is only a little as $5 a month, you wont buy it!! bit silly :/ you do have an option of offline that costs nothing or online play if you willing to pay nobody is forcing you to pay.
    I just don't believe I should have to pay more on top of the $60 I paid for a game, that $60 should grant me access to the full game, not just 50% of it. Pretty much the reason I didn't get a 360.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    For me is only 1 console and its PS4.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I just don't believe I should have to pay more on top of the $60 I paid for a game, that $60 should grant me access to the full game, not just 50% of it. Pretty much the reason I didn't get a 360.
    You pay $60 to play any game you own online, to get 5 free games each month, to get discounts, to get beta invites, etc.

It's not as if you have to buy PS Plus each time you buy a new game.

13. Likes Dave-The-Rave likes this post
    Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    You pay $60 to play any game you own online, to get 5 free games each month, to get discounts, to get beta invites, etc.

It's not as if you have to buy PS Plus each time you buy a new game.
    I always said that I wouldn't buy a PS4 if I had to pay for online gaming...but with PS+ you get more than your money's worth so I don't mind at all. Jack said Sony would be working to add even more value to Plus aswell. If I were paying just for the ability to play online and access apps, $#@! off!

Veteran
    They don't need to respond to DRM free and no internet connection required, cause they already had it on the PS4, and although this move from MS definitely gives them points and maybe more potential buyers, I still don't think it's good enough to even match the PS4. And the only way Sony would be willing to give us free online playing would be if MS did too.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I always said that I wouldn't buy a PS4 if I had to pay for online gaming...but with PS+ you get more than your money's worth so I don't mind at all. Jack said Sony would be working to add even more value to Plus aswell. If I were paying just for the ability to play online and access apps, $#@! off!
    You are contradicting yourself there. The way you said it initially, paying to play at all not matter what the cost/features would be a no go for you. But then you say since they give you various features, paying is worth it.

All I 'm saying is a lot of people claimed they would never go along with paying anything to play online, but seem to have reversed their stance (typically in the name of "value"). There is only one member (that I can recall atm) that has stood firm with their stance.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    You are contradicting yourself there. The way you said it initially, paying to play at all not matter what the cost/features would be a no go for you. But then you say since they give you various features, paying is worth it.

All I 'm saying is a lot of people claimed they would never go along with paying anything to play online, but seem to have reversed their stance (typically in the name of "value"). There is only one member (that I can recall atm) that has stood firm with their stance.
    But what's wrong with people changing their minds? You can be as firm and stubborn as you want. There are enough people that will pay their annual fee and it really is your loss if you decide not to.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    But what's wrong with people changing their minds? You can be as firm and stubborn as you want. There are enough people that will pay their annual fee and it really is your loss if you decide not to.
    For someone who can't change their minds, is hard to understand the people who can change their minds
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Sony can respond and send a strong message if they bring the games, exclusives specifically. The PlayStation 4 showed a lack of exclusives at E3. They can make up for it by showcasing more exclusives at the TGS and Gamescon. Oh, and by the way, bring QUALITY exclusives just like you did with the PS3. If Sony does this, the PS4 will win this war.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Forum Sage
    People can change their minds, it's the timing of when they do that matters.

The only thing they have to do is make good games IMO. All the extra flash doesn't interest me. Keep it simple.

The best thing for them to do is to remind people that they did it first. Play up the "Greatness Awaits" slogan, and continue asking devs to speak up on their behalf.

It seems like every week there's a new article of devs saying how great Sony is treating them now. Keep that up. Turn it into a weekly VLOG or something. I don't really think people know how much bigger Sony's rosters is. That's still something to talk about. Enough so to where they even made it a slide at E3, they almost tripled their support from PS3 to PS4. Talk about it. Show cool and innovative stuff. Show footage from their offices. Actively talk about the changes you're trying to develop for PS+ and Gaikai.

I'm sure they will, when the window is too small to change course before launch.. because Microsoft has been copying them at every turn. From the PS+ style IGL till November to this latest 180. So, basically, keep doing what they're doing. But do it BETTER. Communicate with the fans as they did around the DRM thing. And have the makers of the games do the rest for them. Because, bottomline, the longevity of their Base is going to be based on who people perceive as having better games and more games.

It wouldn't hurt to keep reminding people that the others guys don't let devs self-publish. Even if they change up. Lol, it still just solidifies the ability to market, "Run with the leaders, they just follow us" lol "Greatness Awaits." Don't be arrogant, just state (what appears to be) the obvious.

Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Manning View Post
    How do you think Sony will respond to Microsoft's announcement?

I think free PSN for a year would really sway people
    Why does Sony need to respond?

PS4 is still a cheaper product with better hardware.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    If they'd include free PSN for a year for people that pre-order the console, that'd sell loads. Probably.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Free hats for everyone.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Ultimate Veteran
    sony dont have to do anything expcet just show games. MS did the damage they lost gamers and wont get them back and with the ps4 100 dollars cheaper the ps4 will lay the smack down on the xbone
    also people dont trust MS i bet over time the will bring back there drm.

Thread Information