Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go

Sony PS4 PS Plus features overview

If you haven’t subscribed to PlayStation Plus yet, but have always wanted to and are definitely considering it over Sony’s plans to charge for PS4 online multiplayer, we have a very useful video for you to watch. It gives an introduction to how PlayStation Plus will work on the upcoming console, now that Sony has also confirmed the excellent news that PS4 PS Plus will carry over from existing subscriptions on PS3.
    That means that existing subscribers who are paying $4.99 a month or $50 a year will also be able to get access to an instant game collection on PS4, with a special edition of Drive Club confirmed as the first freebie. This is on top of other free PS4 games that will be coming per month, along with various discounts on other digital titles and of course early access to future PS4 beta testing as well.
    PS3 owners who have been members for a long time will say that it’s worth every penny, but those who are unfamiliar with how it works may still be skeptical – especially since this is the first time that Sony will be asking for a monthly fee for online gaming.

The video above from the guys over at PlayStation Access provides you with a friendly introduction, giving you an idea just what your subscription will include should you decide to opt in. Don’t forget that if you don’t want to pay for PS Plus on your PS4, you’ll still be able to play free-to-play games online, receive background updates automatically and view other online services like Netflix as normal.
    It seems like many consumers do not mind paying for PS Plus as part of PS4 online multiplayer, but we hope that Sony will use the cash to make the overall PSN more stable, more smooth and less prone to going offline for maintenance periods as we have seen all the time on PS3.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2013/...ures-overview/

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    I think the price is acceptable.
    I never became a PLUS member on PS3 but i'll definitely upgrade for the PS4.

PSN really came a long way - can't wait to see what the future will hold.

Elite Member
    I can't see why people care so much about $5 per month. If you can afford a $400+ console, $60+ games, you can easily afford $5.00 per month.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    I can't see why people care so much about $5 per month. If you can afford a $400+ console, $60+ games, you can easily afford $5.00 per month.
    Its because online multiplayer should always be free. I was planning on going PS+ next gen anyway so im paying for the free games and discounts but if they took that away i would leave it.

5. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    what about gaikai?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Its because online multiplayer should always be free. I was planning on going PS+ next gen anyway so im paying for the free games and discounts but if they took that away i would leave it.
    Why would they take that away? They said that they'll even expand the benefits of having PS+.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Do you think it doesn't cost Sony anything to give us online multiplayer? Why wouldn't you want to support a company that is giving us a great system and AAA games? $5.00 a month is chump change.

Forum Overseer
    More importantly, if PS+ has dedicated servers, I see why not with Gaikai...there's absolutely no way that would ever be free...not even on PC.

Thread Information