Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Before I finish reading all of this, let me say this to everyone... no disrespect at all ok. I wasn't even going to participate in this thread, but my name is already being dragged into it.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't bring me into this. I've not applied for this position. I don't know if my name is being brought up as a joke, or whatever. I didn't have anything to do with this, and I'm not involved in whats going on.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    I have been here for 8 years and during that time I was an SMC, Mod, then Admin. I saw many things, made many friends, and watched many great members and staff leave for one reason or another. Change is inevitable, it occurs everyday and I am happy with this change. The CM role should of been a paid position from the beginning, but given to someone with proper experience, and the ability to manipulate the forum in ways not given to the current staff. Cuguy you are a nice guy, but as I said before, you were way over your head with this role, and still are. A position like this can't be awarded to a member of the forum based on activity, contribution, and so on. A proper application process should of occurred and a proper candidate should of been selected from a pool of worthy applicants. Your lack of knowledge in the area was showcased from day one, and still shows today. Not to mention your obviously favoured love for the Xbox brand. I am not saying that is a bad thing in any aspect, but on a PS brand site, it is ludicrous to have someone with so much love and passion for the Xbox brand as the main focal point of the forum! Also, the fact staff QUIT based on a decision like this is insanity, and only further proves your immature nature as staff members. Then again staff positions have been nothing more than a popularity contest for years now, and nothing more. Gone long ago are the days of earning a position. Bring on the flack, I am ready to go head over heels in this discussion.
    I agree. Having a CM who has so much favortism towards the Xbox brand just doesn't make sense on a Playstation site and isnt good for this community seeing as how this is supposed to be a site geared mainly towards PS fans. I wont go into other things I have observed. And I know Cuguy on a personal level and used to talk to him alot. Hes a great guy. So I want to make that clear as well. But I think we need a CM who really is a Playstation fan and therefore relates to the community at large.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't bring me into this. I've not applied for this position. I don't know if my name is being brought up as a joke, or whatever. I didn't have anything to do with this, and I'm not involved in whats going on.
    It was a joke. I'm not sure if you're joking though.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    It was a joke. I'm not sure if you're joking though.
    Ya never know lol. However, I am President of the Interwebz.

5. Likes Justin likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    After looking over my posts, I apologize to anyone that was offended. I did not mean to drag the content team in to this. I am pissed, and I should not have replied while angry.

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    This place has felt less and less like a Playstation site for awhile, I know strives were made around 2008ish or so to clean things up and make it one again, but it has felt like a relapse almost as of late. This includes certain staff members on the site (I don't think its any secret how I feel in this regard).

We need a community manager that makes this site feel more like its namesake than it does right now--which is just barely, outside of the content writers on the main page who I feel do a nice job.

Steven I think you're doing a great job with this re-assessment and hopefully this site becomes rejuvenated.

8. Likes sainraja , Justin likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    This place has felt less and less like a Playstation site for awhile, I know strives were made around 2008ish or so to clean things up and make it one again, but it has felt like a relapse almost as of late. This includes certain staff members on the site (I don't think its any secret how I feel in this regard). We need a community manager that makes this site feel more like its namesake than it does right now--which is just barely, outside of the content writers on the main page who I feel do a nice job. Steven I think you're doing a great job with this re-assessment and hopefully this site becomes rejuvenated.
    I totally agree with you. We need a CM who is actually a Playstation fan and will make this site feel more like its namesake like you just said. If Ghost_Rhayne is up for it I'd like to see somebody like him fill the position.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    This place has felt less and less like a Playstation site for awhile, I know strives were made around 2008ish or so to clean things up and make it one again, but it has felt like a relapse almost as of late. This includes certain staff members on the site (I don't think its any secret how I feel in this regard).

We need a community manager that makes this site feel more like its namesake than it does right now--which is just barely, outside of the content writers on the main page who I feel do a nice job.

Steven I think you're doing a great job with this re-assessment and hopefully this site becomes rejuvenated.

I don't get two things here.

First, a PS "fan" isn't going to magically give you powers as a CM to bring this place together. At best, what will happen is a PS only CM will come in, wipe out the Xbox sections to garner favor and piss off about 30% of our forum traffic (my estimate). Like it or leave it, we have multi console users like myself that come here to just talk about stuff. Not have to visit 2 or more sites just to discuss other topics. It has been my goal to make sure those people can post here free from being trolled to death.

Second, tied into the first, I am NOT a Xbox fanboy. Having said that, I am also NOT a Sony one. I game. Plain and simple. I am a 39 yr old man, with a family that doesn't have time for $#@!ing childish console wars. I game mostly on the 360 at home because that is what my family and friends have for MP games. On the PS3, I do reviews for PSU (few, but some), and play the awesome exclusives that hit. Or if I happen to find a 3rd party title cheaper in stores for PS3 At any rate, again, not dealing with the bull$#@! of being accused of bias. I guess you could call me a console fanboy because I don't game on PC.

Really, drop the $#@! when it comes to who I am and what I game on. No one knows me in that regard. Perception is one thing, but to flat out say I am doing a bad job because I am not a $#@!ing flag waiver for Sony is insulting.
    LMAO

11. Likes Fijiandoce, 33x , MATRIX 2, Vulgotha likes this post
    Friendship is Carrots
    The role of Community Manager was expanded, made more dedicated, and moved to a paid position in hopes of bringing in and developing the community on the forums. Purely as a side result and not due to any actions of his, Cuguy was removed from this specific position and is still floating as a valid option for it if he proves capable. If not, he'll be provided with a new role out of respect for his good and faithful work to the site. Forgive me; I'm only ankle deep into the forum politics here, but I'm failing to see a cause for any drama. It seems that Steven is very much interested in bettering things on the forums, and this doesn't strike me as any disrespect or harm towards Cuguy.

As Vulgotha pointed out, I too think Lethal and any other who have or will resign over this should at least wait and see what actually comes of it.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

13. Likes The Black Wolf likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post

First, a PS "fan" isn't going to magically give you powers as a CM to bring this place together. At best, what will happen is a PS only CM will come in, wipe out the Xbox sections to garner favor and piss off about 30% of our forum traffic (my estimate). Like it or leave it, we have multi console users like myself that come here to just talk about stuff. Not have to visit 2 or more sites just to discuss other topics. It has been my goal to make sure those people can post here free from being trolled to death.

Second, tied into the first, I am NOT a Xbox fanboy. Having said that, I am also NOT a Sony one. I game. Plain and simple. I am a 39 yr old man, with a family that doesn't have time for $#@!ing childish console wars. I game mostly on the 360 at home because that is what my family and friends have for MP games. On the PS3, I do reviews for PSU (few, but some), and play the awesome exclusives that hit. Or if I happen to find a 3rd party title cheaper in stores for PS3 At any rate, again, not dealing with the bull$#@! of being accused of bias. I guess you could call me a console fanboy because I don't game on PC.

Really, drop the $#@! when it comes to who I am and what I game on. No one knows me in that regard. Perception is one thing, but to flat out say I am doing a bad job because I am not a $#@!ing flag waiver for Sony is insulting.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Without getting into the topic, I love that gif lol.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Without getting into the topic, I love that gif lol.
    yep for two reasons

I mean, I love that show!
    LMAO

Master Poster
    Items User name style

There is no need to abolish any alternate console discussions, but containing it to one section for all discussion would be far better than having it so prominently promoted as is.

This is not a case of imagination. For the past few years we've had members being warned or infracted for damn near anything resembling a 360 criticism, while others egging on with PS3 trolling have gone ignored. Your interjections on such points have never ceased to promote such an image for yourself either, the impartiality you claim to present was simply never, ever on display. You're an Xbox slanted guy, we get it, we all do. That's ok. But you're not a good fit for this site. This is a Playstation site, that is its namesake and what it was founded to be originally and you've not been able to promote this message to any noticeable degree. Your slippery slope prediction is laughable at best here.

My post actually wasn't even insinuating anything about you specifically (rather someone like Soldier who is as transparent as it gets), but yes, I don't think particularly highly of you and in past threads I have publicly made comments towards you in threads you've posted in, regarding your not so hidden skew on topics and threads with your interjections. I am certainly not alone on this.

I do not wish to see you in this position, at all. With all due respect to you as a person, but this is not a good fit for your skillset, personality or tastes. At worst, you've been a thorn in threads regarding celebrating Playstation sentiment, even if it means over other consoles or at best a stifler of conversation and excitement, that comes in with an overly austere projection of authority that asks people to 'get back on topic' and/or 'calm down'. And what is wrong with that all of that? These are trivial, innocuous machines that are not important or sensitive topics at all in the grand scheme of things (or should not be, leave that to politics/race/economic topics etc.), There is no need for a civil rights like movement of equality for machines which have objectively stated capacities and can be objectively better or worse in particular regards.
    Last edited by RedOrb_Collector; 06-21-2013 at 18:31.

18. Likes berts08 likes this post
    YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3

I understand your reasoning to try and bring the Xbox sections "up to code" but if you spent that kind of time and energy on the forum as a whole it may have paid dividends. By the way you word things you speak as if the community is separated by a white line dividing Xbox and PS fans down the middle. Last time I checked I didn't see ANY reference to either MS or Xbox in the URL of this site, the name used, and the list goes on. I myself am I full on gamer, meaning I play on all consoles for one thing, GAMES. But this site is not for Xbox, it is for Sony and the Playstation brand. Having an Xbox sub forum is fine, but given that this is a Playstation driven site, over garnering focus on the Xbox sub-forum is the completely wrong mindset to have. Frankly from the very beginning it was your primary focus of attention, and in my opinion it segregated our members, and made for unbalanced moderating between one section and the next, but this is a completely different topic.

I am also not stating you are doing a bad job BECAUSE of console preference, but when we have a PS branded site and the main figure in charge clearly showcases a bias attitude towards the opposite brand is frightening to the entire community. The Playstation brand is what built this site, and the community. This is where the focus should be!

8 years and counting!

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    I do not wish to see you in this position, at all. With all due respect to you as a person, but this is not a good fit for your skillset, personality or tastes..

You, again, have zero concept of what my skill set is. You only know me by title and this forum.

I totally understand where you are coming from though, and if you are lucky, your wish shall be granted. However, I do have to offer the admonition, I hope PSU gets what it is after. Or that they watch out what they wish for.
    LMAO

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Why u always invisible?! Anywa, im sorry what? Rad, me and u go waaay back and i got mad love for you, but you got me a schizophrenic or summit!!! When i 1st joined and even when i was an smc u was PRO Xbox. BIG TIME. Now you seem to swing back and forth. Kinda of a odd post dude!
    So because I was a big Xbox guy before I'm not allowed to change due to events? I have to draw a line in the sand and stay there? I explained all this in another thread and you gave me a rep and a like for it. So your post here seems odd to me. And despite MS changing the DRM I've stuck with my PS4 position. People can change you know.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 06-21-2013 at 18:39.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go
    I agree with redorb, and there is many more that do too. This is for the best of the site. I have sent you a few pm's asking you to step down for the good of the forum and you never listened. You have also been very nasty to me via some pm's and also posted a report I submitted for everyone to see. I don't hate you and have respect that you wanted to help this forum but it really is the good for the forum that you are no longer a CM.
    Last edited by berts08; 06-21-2013 at 18:43.

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    You, again, have zero concept of what my skill set is. You only know me by title and this forum.

I totally understand where you are coming from though, and if you are lucky, your wish shall be granted. However, I do have to offer the admonition, I hope PSU gets what it is after. Or that they watch out what they wish for.
    Dude, i wouldnt even bother posting in here anymore. People who dont like you or didnt like your ways have now got an open pass to talk $#@! about you without knowing a goddamn thing.

Oh and for the record, anyone who has trolled or rule broke in the MS section (that has been reported) hasnt been "let off" or turned a blind eye too.

Sheesh

I know this is an application thread and i know u lot are gonna come and air whatever $#@! you hold against Cu or us, but ffs, stop acting all frigging high and mighty. You think you can do a better job, THEN SHUT THE HELL UP AND APPLY.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

24. Likes F34R likes this post
    Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    So because I was a big Xbox guy before I'm not allowed to change due to events? I have to draw a line in the sand and stay there? I explained all this in another thread and you gave me a rep and a like for it. So your post here seems odd to me. And despite MS changing the DRM I've stuck with my PS4 position. People can change you know.
    No isssue you changing and llike i said, i always got mad love for you (u KNOW ive always tried to have ur back) , but there is no need to take veiled digs at Cu.

Sorry man. my bad, just dont like where this thead is heading.

I apologize.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Yeah I am done 33x.

In more ways than one.
    LMAO

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    One big issue the past few weeks where trolling was in a majority of the threads for PS4 and Xbone and it was always the Xbone peps giving a pat on the head saying "oh its ok we will take care of you." They cant take what they have been dishing out for years. You ban one and it took you guys forever to do that when it should have been done sooner. With you as CM the few open staff discussions we tried to have you quickly closed when the negativity at the performance of the site built up. You can not stand feedback against you and that was evident in the feedback thread open last year then quickly closed. Dont recall it? I got a few pm from peps during that time where we all talked about it. The new rules made are being pick and choose on who you violate and me and plenty of others see where that favoritism is.We need a CM who enforces the rules fairly and welcomes feedback, both of which you have shown you are not up to doing.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    For the first time in ages a thread has been LEFT OPEN for actual discussion. I for the first time, perhaps ever, applaud you.

8 years and counting!

29. Likes Wrath , -Shafty- likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    No isssue you changing and llike i said, i always got mad love for you (u KNOW ive always tried to have ur back) , but there is no need to take veiled digs at Cu. Sorry man. my bad, just dont like where this thead is heading. I apologize.
    I'm not taking digs at anybody veiled or otherwise. I'm merely stating my opinion and personal observations. Sorry if that offends you. And youre my bro and I have massive respect for you and I know you've always had my back. So now the topic is about the CM position not Radgamers posting history. I will say despite being an Xbox guy most of this generation I was a Playstation guy in the PS1 and PS2 era despite owning an OG Xbox. But I felt Sony dropped the ball in the early part of this gen. But that has now changed so therefore so has my viewpoint. Any other questions about me you can ask via pm. Back to the topic.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Ok, $#@! this. If a Admin or Steven wants this back open then feel free. But Applications, see the OP. This wasnt made to bash Cuguy or the staff, but thats where it is going. We ALL enforce the rules, NONE of us picks or chooses sides. Ive given warnings and infractions to friends on xbox and PS ffs.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Sigh....against my better judgement. Open

Any rule breaking posts will be dealt with

33x

Thread Information