Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Yea it still can be without all the bending over. MS was probably "promising" all that to soften the blow...now that they've reversed it, they probably don't feel like giving all that for no reason...and making it seem like it's somehow people's fault for going against the DRM.

I just don't think it will happen. It's like hoping for a PS3 without the Blu-Ray....actually no, a Kinect-less SKU is possible as DRM seemed more permanent to me...and they did a complete 180 on it.

It's possible but it would ruin the integration part of it.
    There is a big difference still....Kinect is still a separate accessory. Blu-ray wasn't with the PS3.

yea, everybody cries for next gen but they want things to be exactly the same. Next gen should be about more than just prettier games.
    You really believe that Microsoft cannot still offer those features without the 24-hour check DRM measure?

Microsoft is choosing not to offer those features. F34R outlined the perfect scenario for it. I mean, they could have easily worked on functionality that would allow users to enable/disable sharing.

For example, if sharing is disabled, then the system wouldn't do a 24-hour check and a disc would be required. If sharing is enabled, system would do a 24-hour check and disc wouldn't be required.

There are other scenarios without the things people didn't want them to do where they could still move the industry forward. For one reason or another, they chose not to.

And who knows, maybe that is what their plan is. Revealing that now with all the confusion probably wouldn't be a good idea at this point. So, don't lose hope just yet. What has happened, has happened for the better and it's not what is stopping "innovation."
    Last edited by sainraja; 06-22-2013 at 01:09.

2. Likes F34R likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    There is a big difference still....Kinect is still a separate accessory. Blu-ray wasn't with the PS3.
    That's true and they have the option to reverse that in the future but I just don't see why they'd do it when it's going to be the backbone of Kinect's success.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver&black_Attack View Post
    The reason i would pay 500 is the reason that trumps everything else-

Ryse
    Forza 5
    Titanfall
    Killer Instinct
    Dead Rising 3

Well have fun w that......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice

That's an idea, but If you buy a PS4 you have the option of buying the eye camera (that won't spy on you) ANNND, The ps4 is still cheaper even if you want to buy the ps4 eye camera combo. The camera by itself is like 60 bucks or something like that. I'd only want to get the camera if there was something like Kojima did with the vibration function back with the Playstation and Metal gear solid. Otherwise I figure it's going to be for chat and camera exclusive games. but if they do something in the games that utilizes the camera I may very seriously get it.

PSN ID
    fLiPdAtwAy
    Each company needs to give a reason to buy a camera peripheral. It just seems that MS is just forcing you to have it. It will be better for developers because that peripheral is guaranteed in every home that has a XBox One so they will be able to develop for it. But it will take time.

MS seems desperate,they just can't let Sony take the advantage this upcoming gen,dropping DRM,and now kinect,their vision of Xbox is just dust now,I promise that MS next move will be that indie developers will be able to self publish on the Xbox one.Sony did everything right and MS can't accept that.

8. Likes darky89 likes this post
    PSN ID
    fLiPdAtwAy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    MS seems desperate,they just can't let Sony take the advantage this upcoming gen,dropping DRM,and now kinect,their vision of Xbox is just dust now,I promise that MS next move will be that indie developers will be able to self publish on the Xbox one.Sony did everything right and MS can't accept that.
    From all indications they weren't even selling out of their pre-order numbers I think that had a lot more to do it with then Sony. They need a number to hit and they weren't hitting it. Of course Sony was destroying them. They were hitting their numbers and more

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Do not see MS reducing the PRICE of the X-1 at any point this year or half off next year
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

PSN ID
    fLiPdAtwAy
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    Do not see MS reducing the PRICE of the X-1 at any point this year or half off next year
    Yeah me either. They want that kinect in there and they can't afford to go any cheaper

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Maybe, but i say if you want Kinect now is the time to get one. It may be a little more expensive on it's own, at least for now. I think $499 is a good deal for what you are getting.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Quote Originally Posted by fLiPdAtwAy View Post
    Yeah me either. They want that kinect in there and they can't afford to go any cheaper

Agreed, but if they do lower the price

It will be in the third quarter of the financial year 2014
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Maybe, but i say if you want Kinect now is the time to get one. It may be a little more expensive on it's own, at least for now. I think $499 is a good deal for what you are getting.
    I think $449.99 would be a good price, but not a good deal; $499 definitely isn't a deal.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Without kinect?

I would rather the Xbox one without mandatory kinect and for it to cheaper that would be great.

But the thing is that totally conflicts with their vision. Then again so did reversing all the drm and online stuff. It's all very odd atm

Via Tapatalk

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    They gave in on the DRM and are being stingy with the 'features' that for some odd reason they feel should automatically be tide to such. Removing Kinect world kill their ego. MAYBE for one lone sku that will be impossible to find.

They certainly need to though. It would make more sense for them to actually try and convince people it's a worth while investment first, but MS it too stubborn to ease anything on people. It's their way or not at all clearly

Thread Information