Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    PS4 to outsell Xbox One by 5 million units in year 1 says analyst

    http://ps4daily.com/2013/06/playstat...sell-xbox-one/ PS4 is definitely in high demand so I could see it happening. Especially at 100 dollars less.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 06-22-2013 at 04:05.

  2. #2
    Ultimate Veteran
    Lefein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    33
    Posts
    22,962
    Rep Power
    194
    Points
    108,400 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    At this point, it really boils down to manufacturing for PS4. We all saw how PS3 started gaining traction at the $400 mark and this generation has dragged on incredibly long. Unless something weird happens between now and launch, if Sony can box it, they can sell it.

  3. #3
    Ultimate Veteran
    coolguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    long island ny
    Age
    39
    Posts
    20,896
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    29,525 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yes the ps4 will out sell it 3 to 1

  4. #4
    Ultimate Veteran
    mickice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    22,047
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    23,307 (40,000 Banked)
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This is why the DRM got pulled, Microsoft was getting slaughtered in preorders, hell after the DRM fiasco even the Wii U looked more attractive.
    Microsoft will now dump huge loads of money into marketing and giving away free consoles to gain some tiny foothold.

    Worldwide the Xbone is going to struggle.

    I still haven't preordered a PS4 yet I'm gonna try my luck day one, hahahahaha.
    Last edited by mickice; 06-22-2013 at 04:27.

    - Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

  5. Likes K2D likes this post
  6. #5
    Elite Guru
    EHY893's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    5,569
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    26,895 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    You must be mad.. you're going to struggle to get a PS4 on day one lol that thing is going to sell out.

  7. #6
    Ultimate Veteran
    mickice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    22,047
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    23,307 (40,000 Banked)
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by emmerich View Post
    You must be mad.. you're going to struggle to get a PS4 on day one lol that thing is going to sell out.
    To be honest I do want one, my only issue is I have 55 PS3 games and Beyond: Two Souls and GT6 are still to come.

    - Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

  8. #7
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,821
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    87,209 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If they keep up with the production it's possible. I doubt it will out sell it by this much but I'm thinking maybe 2-2.5 million at most.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  9. #8
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    1,078 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    guessing that, makes me believe this might not happen... Time will tell if this will come to fruition
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  10. #9
    Veteran
    daLa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,703
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    58,636 (0 Banked)
    I definitely see this happening regardless of X1 policy reversal.


  11. #10
    Superior Member
    jphuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    Posts
    854
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    12,061 (0 Banked)
    Even with Microsoft's reversal, I think the PS3 will sell over the Xbox One, but anywhere from 3-5 million over the first year. I think the difference this gen between the "winner" and "loser" will be a total of only 10-15 million when we get to 6-8 years from now.

    All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

  12. #11
    Flaw3d Genius
    Guest
    The One will struggle big time like the PS3 did at launch, 429 is far to much.

  13. #12
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,821
    Rep Power
    145
    Points
    87,209 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    The One will struggle big time like the PS3 did at launch, 429 is far to much.
    Launch won't be bad. They will sell out. It's the next couple months after that I think will be the uphill. I wonder if MS will make a fairly quick price change like Sony did with PS3 if they are struggling to keep the demand up. I could see a drop of $50 in the first 6 months.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  14. #13
    Veteran
    Bligmerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,415
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    21,947 (0 Banked)
    Demand will be strong because it has been such a long console cycle. Like many, being a PC gamer with a good rig, it was becoming more and more difficult to see the same game on consoles looking worse, even though the console environment is much more comfortable. So, it is easy to see about 50% of this generation's players wanting to move to a nextgen console immediately. Then, it all boils down to manufacturing capability.

    This time around, Sony is much further ahead in that respect, identifying custom dedicated hardware accelerated companion chip/s with no indication of any fab complications. The only slowdown would be running into some type of GDDR5 shortage but it looks like Sony has had these lined up for quite some time. A lot of people have forgotten about all the supply line streamlining Sony went through about 3 years ago. This is the payoff. Smooth, efficient fabrication and manufacturing lines, internal when necessary, external where general assembly is concerned. It sounds like they have also made the production line scaleable, meeting minimum demand but able to ramp up quickly. Sony is going to prove to be the supplier that can deliver.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

  15. Likes davin_g likes this post
  16. #14
    Superior Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    793
    Rep Power
    67
    Points
    5,855 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Demand will be strong because it has been such a long console cycle. Like many, being a PC gamer with a good rig, it was becoming more and more difficult to see the same game on consoles looking worse, even though the console environment is much more comfortable. So, it is easy to see about 50% of this generation's players wanting to move to a nextgen console immediately. Then, it all boils down to manufacturing capability.

    This time around, Sony is much further ahead in that respect, identifying custom dedicated hardware accelerated companion chip/s with no indication of any fab complications. The only slowdown would be running into some type of GDDR5 shortage but it looks like Sony has had these lined up for quite some time. A lot of people have forgotten about all the supply line streamlining Sony went through about 3 years ago. This is the payoff. Smooth, efficient fabrication and manufacturing lines, internal when necessary, external where general assembly is concerned. It sounds like they have also made the production line scaleable, meeting minimum demand but able to ramp up quickly. Sony is going to prove to be the supplier that can deliver.
    I don't think people understand how good Sony is at this part of the game. They BUILD things for a living people. They research and design, produce, and ship things for a living. They aren't a primarily a software company. The only reason they had any issues last gen was because of the propietary hardware tech they were using.....it was all so specialized it was expensive and hard to obtain. This time like you said they are using technology that was cheaper to develop and could be produced and assembled in mass production. Sony has always been great also at being able to improve designs and save costs as they redesign their consoles over the life of the product...allowing quicker price cuts and smaller consoles. Finally they have HUGE distribution advantages and HUGE supply chain advantages over many companies. This is a worldwide company that has products in countries and businesses that MS doesn't have contracts with. All those Sony electronics down through the years being shipped and sold all over the world means they can get into ANY market they want with their consoles.....why else could they lose NA by so many consoles and still outsold the XB360. All these pluses will allow them to bring the price down over time for this console and sell more units in more markets that will make this console hard to beat. XB1 is the console with the propietary tech this time....not only is it more expensive but they have production issues already. I would not be surprised to see another RRD issue in some form with this console. They have yield issues and for them to release when they say they are they will either have to ship defective products or conceed large gains to the PS4 this year until they get it ironed out. I know I seem a Sony fanboy but it is possible that the PS4 could have PS2 like numbers this gen....with WIIU floundering and MS missteps if Sony starts strong and gains a foothold back in NA......people like to buy what their friends have....and if Sony gains that traction MS had last gen.....well MS will have to spend lots of money buying exclusives to keep up.

  17. Likes K2D , Linconan likes this post
  18. #15
    Master Guru
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,135
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    112,021 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    We'll wait and see. Still plenty of time for both to duke it out before launch.







  19. #16
    Newbie
    fLiPdAtwAy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    PSN ID
    fLiPdAtwAy
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    1,159 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    I don't think people understand how good Sony is at this part of the game. They BUILD things for a living people. They research and design, produce, and ship things for a living. They aren't a primarily a software company. The only reason they had any issues last gen was because of the propietary hardware tech they were using.....it was all so specialized it was expensive and hard to obtain. This time like you said they are using technology that was cheaper to develop and could be produced and assembled in mass production. Sony has always been great also at being able to improve designs and save costs as they redesign their consoles over the life of the product...allowing quicker price cuts and smaller consoles. Finally they have HUGE distribution advantages and HUGE supply chain advantages over many companies. This is a worldwide company that has products in countries and businesses that MS doesn't have contracts with. All those Sony electronics down through the years being shipped and sold all over the world means they can get into ANY market they want with their consoles.....why else could they lose NA by so many consoles and still outsold the XB360. All these pluses will allow them to bring the price down over time for this console and sell more units in more markets that will make this console hard to beat. XB1 is the console with the propietary tech this time....not only is it more expensive but they have production issues already. I would not be surprised to see another RRD issue in some form with this console. They have yield issues and for them to release when they say they are they will either have to ship defective products or conceed large gains to the PS4 this year until they get it ironed out. I know I seem a Sony fanboy but it is possible that the PS4 could have PS2 like numbers this gen....with WIIU floundering and MS missteps if Sony starts strong and gains a foothold back in NA......people like to buy what their friends have....and if Sony gains that traction MS had last gen.....well MS will have to spend lots of money buying exclusives to keep up.
    I love Sony, but to think they will even come close to PS2 numbers again is just thinking wrong for them and us. There is too much market share and not enough of a market for that again. At the time, they were the only real option for that type of gaming in the US. You can't expect them to hit those numbers again.

  20. #17
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,122
    Rep Power
    244
    Points
    147,835 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm thinking the PS4 will outsell it by 3 million in the first year.




  21. #18
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,486
    Rep Power
    113
    Points
    39,616 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I wont speculate on numbers but i will say it will most likely outsell XBO.





  22. #19
    Veteran
    Bligmerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,415
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    21,947 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    I would not be surprised to see another RRD issue in some form with this console. They have yield issues and for them to release when they say they are they will either have to ship defective products or conceed large gains to the PS4 this year until they get it ironed out.
    If you look at the XBone teardown on Wired, the APU (CPU+GPU) is in the front right corner. The RAM is all around this. The heatsink holes in the board show it bolts directly down on the APU but the fan is a huge one and it covers the entire board area including the RAM chips. The picture seems to indicate the fan is cooling this whole area, rather than just the APU. That whole side of the case is totally holes. When the cover is put back on, that whole top side is just open grate, at an angle to make it appear more solid. Either they are anticipating a lot of heat or are experiencing it already during testing, shades of deja vu. What a dust magnet. The smaller size of the PS4 indicates it is using liquid cooled heat pipes which is what high end mobo's use these days, not huge motherhonking fans.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

  23. #20
    Newbie
    fLiPdAtwAy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    PSN ID
    fLiPdAtwAy
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    1,159 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    If you look at the XBone teardown on Wired, the APU (CPU+GPU) is in the front right corner. The RAM is all around this. The heatsink holes in the board show it bolts directly down on the APU but the fan is a huge one and it covers the entire board area including the RAM chips. The picture seems to indicate the fan is cooling this whole area, rather than just the APU. That whole side of the case is totally holes. When the cover is put back on, that whole top side is just open grate, at an angle to make it appear more solid. Either they are anticipating a lot of heat or are experiencing it already during testing, shades of deja vu. What a dust magnet. The smaller size of the PS4 indicates it is using liquid cooled heat pipes which is what high end mobo's use these days, not huge motherhonking fans.
    I can agree with the Xbone statement I have been hearing a lot of the same also. Not sure about the Ps4 but hopefully you are right. Liquid cooling would help that situation especially with a smaller casing from the start.

    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

  24. #21
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Florida
    PSN ID
    XoTuSkiLL3dxO
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    255 (0 Banked)
    I hope Sony do achieve this I would be happy for them because they stuck by us the gamers
    I'm da Best

  25. #22
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    I don't think people understand how good Sony is at this part of the game. They BUILD things for a living people. They research and design, produce, and ship things for a living. They aren't a primarily a software company. The only reason they had any issues last gen was because of the propietary hardware tech they were using.....it was all so specialized it was expensive and hard to obtain. This time like you said they are using technology that was cheaper to develop and could be produced and assembled in mass production. Sony has always been great also at being able to improve designs and save costs as they redesign their consoles over the life of the product...allowing quicker price cuts and smaller consoles. Finally they have HUGE distribution advantages and HUGE supply chain advantages over many companies. This is a worldwide company that has products in countries and businesses that MS doesn't have contracts with. All those Sony electronics down through the years being shipped and sold all over the world means they can get into ANY market they want with their consoles.....why else could they lose NA by so many consoles and still outsold the XB360. All these pluses will allow them to bring the price down over time for this console and sell more units in more markets that will make this console hard to beat. XB1 is the console with the propietary tech this time....not only is it more expensive but they have production issues already. I would not be surprised to see another RRD issue in some form with this console. They have yield issues and for them to release when they say they are they will either have to ship defective products or conceed large gains to the PS4 this year until they get it ironed out. I know I seem a Sony fanboy but it is possible that the PS4 could have PS2 like numbers this gen....with WIIU floundering and MS missteps if Sony starts strong and gains a foothold back in NA......people like to buy what their friends have....and if Sony gains that traction MS had last gen.....well MS will have to spend lots of money buying exclusives to keep up.
    Agreed. And we all know that MS has shipped defective hardware before in a hurry to get out to market. Another RROD situation wouldn't surprise me at all especially after hearing about the overheating issues awhile back.

  26. #23
    Forum Guru
    jlippone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,824
    Rep Power
    86
    Points
    10,258 (0 Banked)
    Sounds over optimistic, even if ps4 gets huge start in Japan.
    -------
    Couple of nice blog posts about OpenGL.
    The Truth on OpenGL Driver Quality
    Things that drive me nuts about OpenGL

  27. #24
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,820
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,257 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I don't think its impossible...MS has left a very sour taste in many peoples mouthes and even though they did the 180 on DRM, there is a lot of distrust from what I have personally seen.

    It will also be interesting to see how things pan out at launch with multiplats. With MS admitting it didn't go after high end graphics and Tretton saying that 3rd party games are looking better according to publishers, the tables might turn this gen.

    Still, who the heck knows what will go down, it's all kind of unpredictable.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.