Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2

Carry and Conceal License

I got my Carry and Conceal License today in the mail. And I need peoples opinions on what handgun I should get, I currently have a 9MM Glock, custom grip, police standard issue. I love this gun and it is probably my most trustworthy gun, but what're some handguns people can recommend to me.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Special thanks to zzKurozz for the Signature and Avatar!
    Prodigy - A young one, endowed with exceptional abilities.
    Currently Playing: CoD:AW / Destiny / AC: Unity / Driveclub / BF4
    Waiting For: the Crew / GTA V (PS4) / Far Cry 4

Battlefield WolfPack: Co-Leader / Battlefield Alpha Pack: Co-Leader

Veteran
    Pistol wise I've a Gen 3 Glock 17 (my precious shoots 9mm, .22 LR and .40 S&W), Gen 3 G19, Smith & Wesson snubbed nosed 38 and a Sig 1911.

Stupid new CT restrictions. Have to register all my damn glock mags before Jan '14 to let them know I have "illegal" mags since they hold more the 10rnds. Semi tempted to sell them and grab 10 round mags cause I really dont want to give them a reason to F with me.... Yay, punish those who obey the law... *cough*bulls***cough*.... :'(

Any idea what exactly your looking for o_O?
    Last edited by faaeng; 06-22-2013 at 09:55.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    Pistol wise I've a Gen 3 Glock 17 (my precious shoots 9mm, .22 LR and .40 S&W), Gen 3 G19, Smith & Wesson snubbed nosed 38 and a Sig 1911.

Stupid new CT restrictions. Have to register all my damn glock mags before Jan '14 to let them know I have "illegal" mags since they hold more the 10rnds. Semi tempted to sell them and grab 10 round mags cause I really dont want to give them a reason to F with me.... Yay, punish those who obey the law... *cough*bulls***cough*.... :'(

Any idea what exactly your looking for o_O?
    Not really, just something different. I ALWAYS carry my Glock, it's got Federal HST 147gr JHP rounds, my mags carry 10 also and I have the exact same amount of time to register them lol I'm just gonna register them it'll be easier, plus I'm a military personnel, so I doubt they'll have any issue. I'm just scared for someone who Effs with me, my fiancÚ, or family cuz that bullet will tear a hole in ya the size of a golden dollar lol I'm looking for a small size .22 for an ankle or calf positioned holder, not something lethal necessarily, just something to slow someone down lol

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371894077.058657.jpg

That's my baby! I also have an all black one I usually carry sometimes as well, both loaded with the same bullets but my second one is mainly for house protection

And I want something like

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371894160.584173.jpg

That for my ancle

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilJ0k3r View Post
    And I want something like

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371894160.584173.jpg

That for my ancle

That's some serious Hollywood $#@! right there! lol

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Unbound Mercenary
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    A lot of people disagree. But the m1911 is an amazing gun for conceal carry. I've had one for quite some time now, and I can put out a 6 inch diameter at 45 yards. Its also a lot more streamlined then say, a glock. But depending on the concealed holster you have, it doesn't really matter.

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

6. Likes Vulgotha likes this post
    Elite Member
    Take a look at the Kimber Ultra carry line they have some nice 3'inch 1911. But if u like guns with Glock feel( light weight) to it then check out Kahr arms, they have some nice CCW pistol as well.

For a backup gun(ankle) I would recommend a Sig 238(.380 ) cause a .22 suck.
    I know ppl say shot placement but let get real here how many law enforcement carry a .22?

Power Member
    I agree with kwesnoth. 1911 full size or commander size is the way to go. Very thin profile, highly accurate and suave looking. Only downside is single stack and its a bit on the heavier side, but it doesn't imprint much and its much easier to put in your waistband.

I use and recommend sig series 1911's, such as my TACOPS Traditional. Love it, amazing firearm.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    So. There are states that allow persons to carry but have it out in the open so to speak?

I think I would prefer people to conceal their weapon than me see it.

P.S
    Ankle is spelt with a K.
    Last edited by keefy; 06-23-2013 at 00:51.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    So. There are states that allow persons to carry but have it out in the open so to speak? I think I would prefer people to conceal their weapon than me see it. P.S Ankle is spelt with a K.
    Yes. Some states like Arizona allow open carry. Not a big deal.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yeah, in some states they have seperate license as well, but mine is a Carry & Conceal. Meaning I can carry it in plain view, or Conceal it. That is my choice. But I have a new handgun I just bought today at the local gunshow I'm going to try and put a little finishing touches on it with my dremel tool. It's an M9 Baretta, has a bit of an extended barrel, I'm hoping to change out a few parts for ones I'm going to order offline just because I like my guns to be personalized for me. But other than that I got it pretty cheap.

P.S. I could've swore I spelled ankle with a K but my auto correct has been dumb lately.

Veteran
    Nice pickup. How much?

Their are quite a few open carry states. Even CT is an open carry state (I'm shocked that hasn't changed YET) not that they treat it as such. I'd rather carry concealed anyways. Yes I have and carry a gun, no I don't need nor want the attention it brings with it when carried openly even if I've the right to carry openly.
    Last edited by faaeng; 06-24-2013 at 00:47.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Unbound Mercenary
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    They allow open carry in Virginia. I sometimes carry openly and concealed, not at the same time though. lol
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    Nice pickup. How much?

Their are quite a few open carry states. Even CT is an open carry state (I'm shocked that hasn't changed YET) not that they treat it as such. I'd rather carry concealed anyways. Yes I have and carry a gun, no I don't need nor want the attention it brings with it when carried openly even if I've the right to carry openly.
    I agree with you, people don't need to know that I carry mine on me. The only way anyone will know that I have it is if I have to use it. And I got the M9 for about $225 only because the gun show was at the armory here and I walked in with my outfit on and he wanted it to be a partial gift for serving the country.

Elite Member

I carry a Colt 1991 A1 Compact

Built on the ultrareliable 1911 design, but shortened for conceal/carry. It has all of the stopping power of a .45 and is very controllable while shooting. You won't be picking off long range targets with it, but it will drop targets that a 9mm would leave standing.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    I carry a Colt 1991 A1 Compact

Built on the ultrareliable 1911 design, but shortened for conceal/carry. It has all of the stopping power of a .45 and is very controllable while shooting. You won't be picking off long range targets with it, but it will drop targets that a 9mm would leave standing.
    Idk, my 9MM has left a half dollar size hole in targets made out of rubber! It's the bullet it just tears a hole in anything in the way, and the bullet has two completely through 1 and a half cinder blocks so I would rather be shot with your gun than mine. Just a comparison, my 9MM has shot through a bullet proof vest that my uncle has. So I trust my gun, although I heard a gun like yours isn't bad, I have a friend that has one like that, and it does damage! Really reliable too! We shot 250+ rounds one day and neither of our guns locked up or had any problems what so ever! So they're both good guns

Elite Member
    Idk, my 9MM has left a half dollar size hole in targets made out of rubber! It's the bullet it just tears a hole in anything in the way, and the bullet has two completely through 1 and a half cinder blocks so I would rather be shot with your gun than mine. Just a comparison, my 9MM has shot through a bullet proof vest that my uncle has. So I trust my gun, although I heard a gun like yours isn't bad, I have a friend that has one like that, and it does damage! Really reliable too! We shot 250+ rounds one day and neither of our guns locked up or had any problems what so ever! So they're both good guns

Over penetration is not always good( unless it a Grizzly ), maybe in the battlefield but in a street scenarios or home defense u don't want over penetration and possibly hitting a love one in the next room or a bystander. CCW is for shooting street thug, home invader, rapist, and robbers, not a spetsnaz with bullet proof vest. That's why the 230gr is the best, it makes a big hole without hollow tech, and doesn't over penetrate.

Elite Member

Idk, my 9MM has left a half dollar size hole in targets made out of rubber! It's the bullet it just tears a hole in anything in the way, and the bullet has two completely through 1 and a half cinder blocks so I would rather be shot with your gun than mine. Just a comparison, my 9MM has shot through a bullet proof vest that my uncle has.
    Level IIIA body armor will stop any 9mm made. Your uncle had low grade armor if it didn't.

As for what leaves the biggest hole....

So I trust my gun, although I heard a gun like yours isn't bad,

No, it's not bad at all.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Quote Originally Posted by reasonable_doubt View Post
    Over penetration is not always good( unless it a Grizzly ), maybe in the battlefield but in a street scenarios or home defense u don't want over penetration and possibly hitting a love one in the next room or a bystander. CCW is for shooting street thug, home invader, rapist, and robbers, not a spetsnaz with bullet proof vest. That's why the 230gr is the best, it makes a big hole without hollow tech, and doesn't over penetrate.
    Oh I know lol I don't use the same bullets to carry with me. That's only for blowing stuff like watermelons up with my friends lol that was some good times. But yeah, when I carry my 9MM on me I usually carry a standard 9MM Hollowtip round because it gives it just that right shredding to stop anyone that tries to out me or my family in harms way without doing any damage to nearby objects

Supreme Veteran
    Being a Brit I find it weird you actually carry your weapon anywhere in public and out of curisity would like to know what situations you carry your guns in public for
    e.g
    Do you carry your guns when doing the groceries?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Being a Brit I find it weird you actually carry your weapon anywhere in public and out of curisity would like to know what situations you carry your guns in public for
    e.g
    I carry it EVERYWHERE everytime I go out, because in the US people never know when something can happen, where I live there was a guy shot in the back by someone out of road rage. And I was there but in the back of the store and by the time I got up to the front of the store I had my fun out of the holster and ready to take out the guy shooting at people, so you never know when you'll need it here in the States

Forum Elder
    I have mine but I live in a lower crime area so I usually don't carry.

It stays loaded at home in case someone breaks in my house looking to do harm to anyone in my family

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Supreme Veteran
    I carry it EVERYWHERE everytime I go out, because in the US people never know when something can happen, where I live there was a guy shot in the back by someone out of road rage. And I was there but in the back of the store and by the time I got up to the front of the store I had my fun out of the holster and ready to take out the guy shooting at people, so you never know when you'll need it here in the States

LOL You had your "Fun" out.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    e.g
    Yeah, the situation in the US is scary harsh with so many guns around, it's no wonder more people want to curry guns.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    PR0d1gyV2
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    Yeah, the situation in the US is scary harsh with so many guns around, it's no wonder more people want to curry guns.
    Yeah I agree

@keefy I meant guns lol stupid autocorrect

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    Not really, I mean ppl use to have sword duels in the street back in the days and numerous stabbing. Only differences is there where no money to be made reporting these things, now there is. Also crime in the US has gone down over the years despite what CNN(Communist News Network) report about gun deaths.

Thread Information