Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

PS4 PlayStation Plus Details: Cross Game Chat doesn’t require the service

We have some new details on PS Plus for the PS4. It will be required to play online but not for free-to-play games or MMOs. One subscription will grant access to all accounts on that system.Cross game chat and other media functions won’t require the subscription. This includes services like Netflix.
    Games will be added and removed just like the current subscription on PS3 and you will be getting one new PS4 game every month. It’s not clear whether it would be a PS Plus edition like DriveClub which has altered content.
    The subscription isn’t required for automatic updates. It will cost $59.99 or $5 per month. It’s something you pay for PS Plus already on PS3 so it really isn’t a surprise.
    The PS4 will be released sometime later this year and according to some retailer listings in Europe, it could be out on November 13.
    Check out the video below by PS Access which goes in-depth into the subscription for PS4.

http://www.gamechup.com/ps4-playstat...e-the-service/

Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

2. Likes Dave-The-Rave , Two4DaMoney , MjW likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    Why the sad face? Cross game chat with no sub?! $#@! yes!
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    Why the sad face? Cross game chat with no sub?! $#@! yes!
    I am happy, but never use online and i might go too it now
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Friendship is Carrots
    It's interesting but not surprising how a lot of PlayStation fans scrunched their mouths up in accepting silence when it was noted that online gaming requires a paid subscription. Regardless this is pretty good of Sony, and it's another perk in their favor over Microsoft and the XB1. PS3-only owners may not realize how useful and fantastic CGC really was.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Ultimate Veteran
    thats good that plus wont be needed for crossgame chat

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    It's interesting but not surprising how a lot of PlayStation fans scrunched their mouths up in accepting silence when it was noted that online gaming requires a paid subscription. Regardless this is pretty good of Sony, and it's another perk in their favor over Microsoft and the XB1. PS3-only owners may not realize how useful and fantastic CGC really was.
    CGC is awesome. What is even better, is to be able to have a conversation with a friend in a public CoD match in freaking private!

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Thats good news. Its a handy feature that I enjoyed on the 360. Except now it wont be behind a paywall on the PS4.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    I think this all sounds really cool and I'm looking forward to it. The ONE thing I want to do though is change my PSN ID so I don't have my name as my online ID in games! If they don't allow this I assume I'd have to just use the same (and thus have my current trophies and stuff come over as well) or I assume I'd have to terminate my PS Plus membership and make a new account with a new name and THEN subscribe to PS Plus? C'mon....let me change my frikkin' name. Maybe make a new "screen name" field so the account can stay the same but I can change the name that pops up in online multiplayer games. It's the 21st century...we should be able to do this!

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Shows they aren't using servers for voice chat. As if any proof was really needed.

Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    CGC is awesome. What is even better, is to be able to have a conversation with a friend in a public CoD match in freaking private!
    This is the heart of it. Cross game chat is a bit of a misnomer because for me at least, the point is to have a stable, private line open between you and friends in the same game. So you don't have to rely on the in-built voip (which is often atrocious) and can talk without gaps such as when you're inviting to squad etc.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    yo the online because free with other accounts on the same ps4! Yes! I hate online passes for this, I like using other names to learn a mp game and then use my main name to play competitively

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Wait I thought you need PS+ to play online. What's the point of having cross-game chat if you aren't going to play online?

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    Wait I thought you need PS+ to play online. What's the point of having cross-game chat if you aren't going to play online?
    Because if I'm playing Killzone campaign and my buddy is playing Infamous we can still chat. You dont need to be playing MP games to use it.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    For F2P-games, MMORPG's or if you want to talk with other people while playing offline? Also, they can't charge for something they aren't hosting.

PSN ID
    fLiPdAtwAy
    Requirement for PS+ is for the online multiplayer aspect of it. There are still tons of social integration aspects of the console that they would like everyone to see and then maybe that will get them to buy into the PS+ program. Especially with all the free games that you get. You get 2-3 day one with PS4

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    DynamicSun
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    thats good that plus wont be needed for crossgame chat

Good news, but i will gladly pay 5$ a month for PS plus,the amount off stuff you get is a great value,who can complain to get free games for free right,and it ain't old games you get,I think Sony is doing everything right with PS plus,nowhere you get all this free games for lousy 5$ a month.And it's even better if you own a Vita as well.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Very cool!
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    vudumonkey25
    The only thing I disagree with is the price the article is claiming for ps+. During the conference they said under $5. We'll $49.99/12months = $4.16 was sony really suppose to say for 4.16 a month? No, they rounded it to an easy to think about number $5 so for LESS than $5 a month($4.16 is you buy a full year) you can have this service.

Also Joystick had an article saying the price for plus will remain the same.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/12/pl...s-dont-requir/
    What's the point in having an Internet connection if you're not using it to look up weird, ****ed-up pictures of dirty sex you'll never have yourself?

PSN ID
    fLiPdAtwAy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidde View Post
    Good news, but i will gladly pay 5$ a month for PS plus,the amount off stuff you get is a great value,who can complain to get free games for free right,and it ain't old games you get,I think Sony is doing everything right with PS plus,nowhere you get all this free games for lousy 5$ a month.And it's even better if you own a Vita as well.
    Just look at this month a little for people in the US. XCOM: Declassified, Saints Row: The Third. Just a couple of upper tier production games that if you didn't have a chance to play before you are going to be able to play now. Just for being a subscriber.

Quote Originally Posted by fLiPdAtwAy View Post
    Just look at this month a little for people in the US. XCOM: Declassified, Saints Row: The Third. Just a couple of upper tier production games that if you didn't have a chance to play before you are going to be able to play now. Just for being a subscriber.
    I'm over in Europe,and we have Uncharted 3,XCOM,Rayman Origins,Kingdoms of Amalur,Ico & Shadow of colossus,Demons souls and Catherine for free,and some Vita games.Its crazy to not be a subscriber to PS plus if you like games.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    Not the same thing. It's also funny that they're giving CGC for free...which was touted by Xb gamers as a feature they'd pay for.

They're not charging you in the same way MS did last generation, completely different. Look into it in depth and you'll realize why. I'll give you a hint that will likely happen though: Dedicated servers.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    It would be stupid if it was behind the paywall because it's free on the Vita.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    I think that the only reason that Cross game chat is free is because free to play games don't require PS Plus.

Think about it... ...it would be weird if people playing free to play games could not take advantage of this just because they don't have PS plus.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Good to hear.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Good news, but I am paying for PS+ already. Wouldn't have mattered to me.

Thread Information