Latest PSU headlines:

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Drive Club Plus Edition includes core game charges for extra cars and tracks

http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comme...ars-and-tracks No problem. Still much cheaper than paying full retail price.

Ultimate Veteran
    so plus players will have to pay for more cars and tracks as long as its not more then a few bucks it should be fine

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Ugh. F2P. Never really liked this model. But I guess for a day one version of a game that comes with plus you can't ask for too much. I just hope they have more than say 3 cars. I also wonder if it will use some kind of points system to buy stuff like most F2P. That was one thing I liked about LoL. You didn't have to spend money to get what you wanted you simply play the game. Most of the other games I played took forever to work up to something decent.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Veteran
    Should serve it's purpose since I don't really care about this game, I'll only get it cause it's free. I truly hope this isn't the future of PS Plus, I mean they used to give out full games, if they do this they better give them to us at least, none of that you got to keep your sub to play a stripped down version of a game.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I'll be playing with the bare bones that are offered and nothing more anyway.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Should serve it's purpose since I don't really care about this game, I'll only get it cause it's free. I truly hope this isn't the future of PS Plus, I mean they used to give out full games, if they do this they better give them to us at least, none of that you got to keep your sub to play a stripped down version of a game.
    I doubt it. They may do this with select titles at launch but later down the road offer the full game. To my knowledge there had never been a plus game for free on the same day as launch. Might just be something they are trying but yes I hope this doesn't become the norm instead of the current formula. Imagine the flak they will get if they stop offering the normal plethora of games to stay with F2P. It would make me say screw plus and MP.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I doubt it. They may do this with select titles at launch but later down the road offer the full game. To my knowledge there had never been a plus game for free on the same day as launch. Might just be something they are trying but yes I hope this doesn't become the norm instead of the current formula. Imagine the flak they will get if they stop offering the normal plethora of games to stay with F2P. It would make me say screw plus and MP.
    True, they never offered full new games on day one, and yeah I do hope this doesn't become a regular for their freebies.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    If I play it and like it I'd rather go and buy the full retail version than pay for all the add ons anyway

Via Tapatalk

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I'm not surprised. When I first heard about Drive Club being free with PS+ I thought it was odd that they would just give a full launch game away for free.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I'm not surprised. When I first heard about Drive Club being free with PS+ I thought it was odd that they would just give a full launch game away for free.
    Yeah I shouldn't have expected much. But it's not bad at all. Although I'm not really a fan of F2P it's not really anything to complain about since we get it day one.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Yeah I shouldn't have expected much. But it's not bad at all. Although I'm not really a fan of F2P it's not really anything to complain about since we get it day one.
    Yep. We still get the core game and if I end up really liking it I'll go ahead and get the other content. I was already interested in this game anyway.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I would just upgrade tot he full version and I hope that being a plus member there i a discount for upgrading.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I would just upgrade tot he full version and I hope that being a plus member there i a discount for upgrading.
    Well yeah youre just buying the missing tracks and cars not the entire game. The core game is still free.

Forum Guru
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Will be abit pants getting kicked from the next race with your mates if they've got the retail version and your PS+ version doesn't have the next track. Similar thing to CoD DLC springs to mind when the next map is DLC and you get kicked for not having it.
    Definitely hope it's not a thing to come with future PS+ titles.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Don't be shocked if this is a recurring theme with the instant game collection offerings on PS4

PSN ID
    fLiPdAtwAy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Don't be shocked if this is a recurring theme with the instant game collection offerings on PS4
    Well you will probably see it in a lot of different games. They already have at least 2 f2p games in the launch window that i know of.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by fLiPdAtwAy View Post
    Well you will probably see it in a lot of different games. They already have at least 2 f2p games in the launch window that i know of.
    I don't mean F2P games though I mean instant game collection getting a PS+ "version" of retail games, with stripped back content.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I don't mean F2P games though I mean instant game collection getting a PS+ "version" of retail games, with stripped back content.
    Likely - for brand new titles at least.

I figure nothing changes for recent releases etc.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Thread Information