Apprentice

Woman calls Obama a War Criminal [VIDEO]

Why can't more people like this woman see what's going on? They're so blinded by the lies that they actually believe they're safe from terrorism in this country. People have been brainwashed by the moron we call our President.
    Oh, I'm sorry did I break your concentration I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue. - Jules

2. Likes Ezekiel, Kwes likes this post
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    You know you are crazy when you think everyone else is mad. And I guess Obama brainwashed all the Irish too.

Veteran
    Well that's one women he didn't brainwash.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Great speech.

6. Likes Kwes likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I don't think its a good idea to be arming the rebels either.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    All the guy in the suit said was "we give you support and money so you better keep your mouth shut"

Great argument from him
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I'm not very politically aware but that is exactly what happened with Taliban wasn't it?
    USA funded them and supplied them with arms to drive away the russian invasion in the 80s. After the russians went away, USA hoped to control the taliban but they had their own goals that caused conflict (and we all know how that turned out)
    Last edited by Itachi; 06-23-2013 at 22:27.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Neutrality is always the best course of action. I've said this many times in the General Politics thread and I kept being called an "lolbertarian", "Isolationist", yada yada yada. Non-interventionism is the only real path to peace and prosperity. It's a shame so many think the opposite to be true.

Dedicated Member

Arming the rebels in Syria, which includes terrorist groups, is short-sighted. We would be arming our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    Neutrality is always the best course of action. I've said this many times in the General Politics thread and I kept being called an "lolbertarian", "Isolationist", yada yada yada. Non-interventionism is the only real path to peace and prosperity. It's a shame so many think the opposite to be true.
    Non-intervention does have its limits though. In a world where nuclear weapons exist, it is imperative to not allow such weaponry to fall into the hands of psychopaths. Sitting back and pretending no one will bother us if we leave them alone puts millions of lives at risk, and is a mistake we will only be able to make once.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Valefor View Post
    Arming the rebels in Syria, which includes terrorist groups, is short-sighted. We would be arming our enemies.

Non-intervention does have its limits though. In a world where nuclear weapons exist, it is imperative to not allow such weaponry to fall into the hands of psychopaths. Sitting back and pretending no one will bother us if we leave them alone puts millions of lives at risk, and is a mistake we will only be able to make once.
    I have to disagree. The probability of nuclear weapons getting into the hands of "psychopaths" is almost nil. Other countries wanting the capability isn't our concern. I think the whole argument is a red-herring not bounded in reality.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    I have to disagree. The probability of nuclear weapons getting into the hands of "psychopaths" is almost nil. Other countries wanting the capability isn't our concern. I think the whole argument is a red-herring not bounded in reality.
    It is not necessarily countries themselves having the capability that is the concern, but terrorists obtaining access to such weapons should be, and they are not tied to any country.

The reality is that humans are aggressive by nature. Many people have the ability to believe in absurd ideas, and some of them are willing to kill others for their ideology. To deny this against all evidence to the contrary, is to not be bounded in reality. Frankly, 'almost nil' (which is a severe underestimation), when the stakes are so high, is not good enough.

Forum Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Valefor View Post
    It is not necessarily countries themselves having the capability that is the concern, but terrorists obtaining access to such weapons should be, and they are not tied to any country.

The reality is that humans are aggressive by nature. Many people have the ability to believe in absurd ideas, and some of them are willing to kill others for their ideology. To deny this against all evidence to the contrary, is to not be bounded in reality. Frankly, 'almost nil' (which is a severe underestimation), when the stakes are so high, is not good enough.
    I really don't believe there is cause for concern. The whole idea that some "terrorists" could even obtain a weapon of this magnitude at all stems from cold war rhetoric that nations not allied with the status quo alliances in the west will either be toppled by extremists and have their nuclear stockpiles stolen or the extremists will be handed such weapons at the behest of "rogue" nations. This rhetoric has been around since the cold war and to date, only one nation or people has ever used a nuke for aggression.

Put simply. IF a weapon of this magnitude were to ever get into the hands of terrorists, it'll be because the United States or one of its closest allies working in tandem or conjunction with the United States, put it there in the first place. It would be a false-flag operation designed with bigger goals in mind, like re-securing dollar hegemony, consolidation of power in matters of foreign diplomacy and policy, consolidation of power in matters of domestic policy or any number of other reasons.

I don't put much stock at all into the notion that terrorists are the real concern. The real concern is foreign interventionism by nations, in the affairs of others that doesn't concern them in the slightest. The best course of action has always been non-interventionism and neutrality.

Thread Information