Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

Hideo Kojima Praises The Xbox One, May Integrate Kinect And SmartGlass In MGS 5

http://www.gamingbolt.com/hideo-koji...glass-in-mgs-5

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain was one of those rare games at E3 that actually looked like a next-gen game. Featuring a massive open world and giving rise to all new stealth options, The Phantom Pain promises to be one of the finest Metal Gear Solid games, if not the greatest.
    For the last couple of years, Hideo Kojima has changed his stance on the way he represents Metal Gear Solid as a franchise. From having a soft corner for the PlayStation to showing off the latest Metal Gear Solid games at Microsoft’s E3 press conference, things have changed a lot at Kojima Productions. And why not? A franchise as historic and celebrated should be enjoyed by as many people as possible.
    Hideo Kojima is all praise for the Xbox One. He thinks that the system is powerful and the graphics on it will be amazing.
    “I am really looking forward to the graphics power it is capable off,” he said.

He is also interested in SmartGlass, stating that using it and ”different devices to bring the hardcore gameplay to different kind of media” is something he is “really looking forward to.”
    Contarary to popular opinion he is all praise for the new Kinect and he may integrate it in Metal Gear Solid 5.
    “The Kinect itself brings a lot of different capabilities as well and I will like to see what I can do with the voice command, and the movement with the gestures and see what we can do with that,” he said in an interview via Major Nelson’s Xbox channel.
    Will the inclusion of Kinect and Smart Glass capabilities in the Xbox One version of MGS 5 provide a significant, interesting twist to the stealth mechanics we know and love?
    Let us know in the comments section below.
    Tagged with: Kojima Productions, konami, Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain, ps4, PSN, XBLA, Xbox Live, Xbox One
    Last edited by The Sith; 06-23-2013 at 22:04.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    A developer praising a platform hes making a game for. Who would have thought it? lol

Super Elite
    A bit provocative.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Forum Overseer

I can understand why Kojima is interested. If there's anything that would take advantage of something like this, it's him.

But I don't get this part, "I am really looking forward to the graphics power it is capable off." What If he's looking forward to that then he must be pissing his pants for the PS4.

5. Likes Leviticus likes this post
    Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Well if he actually makes it awesome, then I might get a X1 just for his game. We'll see.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Kojima is the man. I hope he comes through with some kind of smart glass integration. Bringing his game to xbox-one may double the sales.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    If there is someone that can use the Kinect so it is actually a feature and not a gimmick, I think it's Hideo Kojima.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Kojima loves mulitiple devices. Ever since transfarring for Peace Walker on PSP and MGS Collection on Vita, he has wanted to have his MGS universe connected to the gamers all the time. So, this comes as little suprise that he is interested in things like Smart Glass and Kinect.

It will be interesting to see what he brings to the table when he delivers MGS5 to the next gen systems and their respective ecosystems.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    It's good to see that Kojima plans to take full advantage of the power of next gen consoles. Smart Glass will definitely be a big feature for me.

Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Quote Originally Posted by Flumbooze View Post
    If there is someone that can use the Kinect so it is actually a feature and not a gimmick, I think it's Hideo Kojima.
    CD Projeckt Red has it figured out.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Err...correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't MGS 5 running on a devkit at E3, not X1 hardware?

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Err...correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't MGS 5 running on a devkit at E3, not X1 hardware?
    I never realized they had a playable version at E3. I can't seem to find any videos though.

Forum Overseer

MGS5 was not even optimized for next-gen consoles, which is why I quickly found it unimpressive. However if we can get anything like that on current consoles, best graphics ever confirmed.

Now this mother$#@! was using your second controller, yes, second controller in MGS1 during the days of PlayStation ONE (look up psycho mantis on youtube). Something never been done by any other developer. I can't imagine what he'd do now.

Soldier 95B
    I am glad the Xbox One is getting a lot of developer support, including the the accessories and add-ons like smart glass.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)

it was running on hardware spec'd to mimic the X1 from what I know.

For all intents, the X1 hardware could very well run better. The dev kits at VOlition here don't run near as smooth as production PS3/Xbox 360's because of the OS hanging out resident.
    LMAO

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Kojima and the kinnect?

oh the easter eggs will be fun with this one
    shake hand to grope boob...>_>

MGS4 has camera manipulation, it's not beyond the realm of kojima to not include something like that
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    He did take Microsoft's money and appeared at their conference, so who knew he'd praise the Box after being paid?
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

19. Likes MacP likes this post
    Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    it was running on hardware spec'd to mimic the X1 from what I know.

For all intents, the X1 hardware could very well run better. The dev kits at VOlition here don't run near as smooth as production PS3/Xbox 360's because of the OS hanging out resident.
    If it was specced to mimic the X1 then why not ON the X1? I am always very skeptical when a demo is shown on anything but the platform for which it's intended. I'm afraid to me that always appears to be down to a lack of confidence.

However, I am not saying the X1 is not capable of producing what we saw, but I am saying that this game is a long way from being ready to be shown on an X1. Only when I see it running on the right hardware will I let my 'ooo's and 'ahhh's go.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Forum Overseer

If it was specced to mimic the X1 then why not ON the X1? I am always very skeptical when a demo is shown on anything but the platform for which it's intended. I'm afraid to me that always appears to be down to a lack of confidence.

However, I am not saying the X1 is not capable of producing what we saw, but I am saying that this game is a long way from being ready to be shown on an X1. Only when I see it running on the right hardware will I let my 'ooo's and 'ahhh's go.
    That's pretty common, I wouldn't worry about that. I'm definitely skeptical because of the overpowered PCs but it is definitely possible that the PC counterparts may just be needing a lot more power to run these games as PC games usually do.

But it is also entirely possible that we were seeing more bullshot versions of the games as we're still using PCs and they're usually just overall more smooth in just about every way when it comes to multiplats.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I'd like to see him using Smartglass more that what Splinter Cell on GameCube did with the Gameboy Advance.

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Super Elite
    Actually I've lost a lot of respect for Hideo Kojima for making a statement like this.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    Actually I've lost a lot of respect for Hideo Kojima for making a statement like this.
    Just because he likes xbox-one? He is just promoting his game.

Forum Elder
    Money talks Mac. I know what your saying and agree but its just business.

Metal gear is old as hell anyway and just needs to go away. I love getting fresh and exciting new series like infamous.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Just because he likes xbox-one? He is just promoting his game.
    He could of just kept his mouth shut and say something like you'll have equal enjoyment from both formats.

Forum Overseer

He praised the Cell too, I don't see a problem. I can understand why he'd find Kinect interesting...especially since it's integrated. That's a huge deal, I've been saying it for a while now. That does matter. Devs like Kojima are the reason I wouldn't mind the requirement, maybe not as invasive though.

Thread Information