Latest PSU headlines:

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

2. Dislikes Sub-stance1, Yungstar 2006 is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    Ancient
    So I've returned to my trust desk after several trips in and around the Atlantic, and while I was away several important things happened. Iran elected a new President, the NSA scandals broke revealing large amounts of privacy violating data, India flooded and Syria edged ever closer towards destruction. (Prepare for a large amount of hate compared to usual) ((Also, I've seen the Mylo Xyloto Review, it is very nearly done))

But do you know what sent me into cackles of glee when I heard it in the early morning from a friend's sofa. "Microsoft has gotten rid of it's DRM and always Online Policy for the Xbox One". Oh yes my friends, the U-turn of the year has just passed us by. Less than a month after the PR nightmare that was the May 21st Reveal and E3 slaughterfest and Microsoft come running, tail between legs, admitting in full that they are nothing but a bunch of incompetent con-men who tried to milk the cash-cow so hard, the udders would've fallen off.

Even though it is a title attached purely to hammer home the shame and derision I feel for Microsoft. It is still a better name than the Xbox One.

But while this is most certainly a victory for consumer right's in the gaming industry, and a possible precedent set in terms of the sheer hammering a company has to receive before it decides that to admit fault and change is preferable to the decimation it would've received in November. As someone much wiser than me once said...Never Forget.*
    Never forget how close Microsoft came to doing this, they sat through lots of board room meetings to get to that point.
    Never forget how even after Sony came out and showed they weren't playing the same twisted game, they powered on through.
    Never forget how much of your rights Microsoft wanted to take away.
    Never forget that they could well turn around and try this again, if not on this console then on the next.
    Never forget that they didn't U-turn on such issues as an always on, must be included Kinect.

Never forget, if you get slightly tempted to buy the Xbox One now, the reason you don't have to check in every 24 hours, and can own your own games isn't because of Microsoft. It is because of Sony...and it is because of the profit we threatened to deny them.

It is a shame we won't get to say "Microsoft is getting xboned" come November. But Humble Pie will suffice.

Ok, so yeah, sorry about that. I never like to make these things too heavy handed because y'know, Video Games, but what Microsoft was proposing was genuinely despicable and I'm very glad they've been forced to eat humble pie. My only hope now is that the Xbox One suffers irrespective, sending a clear message that even the attempt to do this was more than the gaming industry could stomach. Will we see the return of Backwards Compatibility? Probably not. Does the console Industry at least not look as dead as it did a few weeks ago? Well yeah, there might not be much hope, but there is some. Have gamers done something that I didn't think would be possible again? Yes, and for that I am happy and surprised. Hopefully it shall happen again
    Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4 Beta

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

***** dweller
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I'm personally proud of the gaming community. It forced Microsoft to change their policies and threatened the same to, Sony if they ever thought of doing this in the future. How hard is it to continue with simplicity and convenience?

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Never forget?

PMSL.

People forget so fast around here it makes your head spin.

If people truley "never forgot" Sony would be DEAD.

But we forget the feature removal after launch.
    We forget the consoles that were simply broken playing GTA IV
    We forget the clocks that fucked up and made the machine unplayable for 24 hours.
    We forget the hacking of PSN.
    We forget the O/S being ripped away.

LOL.

yeah...

Never forget.

The hypocrisy of these fan boys borders on the ludicrous.

Sony=we implement the shit you spew over, but hey you will get over it.
    MS-We tell you and and listen and changed our policy.

Never forget. Consumers put up with a lot of shit.
    Last edited by mynd; 06-23-2013 at 23:32.
    2play:Red Dead, GTA 4,Batman AA,Batman AC,Borderlands 2,Enslaved,Sleeping Dogs,Reckoning,DarkSiders,DarkSiders 2,Dark Souls,Dead Space 2,MGS 3,MGS:PW, XCOM:EU,Hitman Absolution,Biosuck Infinite,Assassins Creed 3,Deus Ex,Castlevania, Halo Wars,Civilization,Forza Horizon,Black Ops,Black Ops 2,MW3,LA Noire,Crackdown,Dead Rising 2,Fallout 3, Fallout:NV,RE 4, Bully

6. Likes Sub-stance1 wishes they had posted this first.
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Closing this thread. This is nothing but someone's dumb blog article.

8. Likes Sub-stance1 wishes they had posted this first.

Thread Information