Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1525 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    seems like there is no restriction on bluetooth. here's something i found: http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...bluetooth.html

it doesn't mention that headsets won't be supported. also i found a video on youtube showing how to pair the headset.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Good to know, I may just have to pair BT headset up. I sometimes would use it as quick mute of everyone on PS3 (i.e. turn it on and set it to the side when playing w/ audio through AV receiver.) I won't use it for actual game play though as both my PS Gold Wireless and my Turtle Beach plugged into the DS4 are superior solutions.

Forum Overseer
    yeah, i still don't get why Sony couldn't add an option to keep the voice through headphones and not TV. GTA 5 has that option, that means they could've added that as a standard option.

I didn't see my question, link me if I'm wrong.

But. Is it worth buying a external fan for my ps4?
    Like this one? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181471118163

Thank you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by matemate13 View Post

Thank you!!!

No

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by matemate13 View Post

Thank you!!!

Stay away from external fans. I think the 360 nyko fan actually caused overheating. They are not needed.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Stay away from external fans. I think the 360 nyko fan actually caused overheating. They are not needed.
    Oh ok never thought it would do more harm then good, thank you of else I would of brought it 😳

Sent from my Fridge using my Window.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Hi all,
    I'm thinking about picking up a separate system so the kids can play in another room and my wife and I can get the main TV back. I know this was discussed somewhere on here but couldn't find it.

If I have multiple systems, when I create an account on the new one, do we still have access to DLC? He has the COD season pass under his account and I have a bunch of other little add on dlc. I just remember there being issues if the ps4 you play on is not listed as your primary. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    As long as you're logged in on your secondary', you should be able to.. Not sure if that helps..?

That probably means you should make their ps4 your primary and vice versa.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    As long as you're logged in on your secondary', you should be able to.. Not sure if that helps..?

That probably means you should make their ps4 your primary and vice versa.
    Ok, so if I make the new ps4 a primary for my son, if I log into the original one, I would still have access to his COD season pass since he will be on it as a secondary account as well?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Listen, this is guess-work, but my suggestion would be to have their be your primary, and yours be their primary. That way you'd always have each others content unlocked.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Listen, this is guess-work, but my suggestion would be to have their be your primary, and yours be their primary. That way you'd always have each others content unlocked.
    Thanks for the info. That was my guess as well, I just remembered someone on the forum owning two systems and dealing with this, I just can't find who it was.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    No prob! At least until someone who knows for sure comes along.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    No prob! At least until someone who knows for sure comes along.
    Just found a video online that basically says that's how to do it, good call.

PSN ID
    sudajalem
    Hello this is my first post as a new user of a ps4. Id like to use it as introduction and to clarify some things.

1. Is there anyway to improve the heat disipation of ps4? Like using some higher feet to raise it more?

2. Have someone experienced random shutdowns of the system. Not even whem is full load?

Thx in advance

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Quote Originally Posted by boontobias View Post
    Hello this is my first post as a new user of a ps4. Id like to use it as introduction and to clarify some things.

1. Is there anyway to improve the heat disipation of ps4? Like using some higher feet to raise it more?

2. Have someone experienced random shutdowns of the system. Not even whem is full load?

Thx in advance
    I keep mine in an open front entertainment center and between me and my son, we log hours upon hours some days with no issues. I don't think you need to worry about heat unless it's in an enclosed shoe box, mine has never just shut down.

Remember, it pulls in air from the sides and exhausts it through the back, no need to elevate it.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by boontobias View Post

Thx in advance
    Welcome to the forums!

1. There are some 3rd party pheperials around. Not sure how effective these are. My suggestion would be to not stack it on top off any other entertainment device and in an open enviroment as with any other console and to not operate it at higher that norm temperature.

2. I've had mine freeze on me once at launch, no problems since. I believe there has been quite few failures thus far..

PSN ID
    sudajalem
    Many thanks for the insights.

Im asking about the shut downs because I got it 2 times in 2 weeks. So I was wondering if its a common error. Ill talk to sony and see if its a failure because my retailer can change.

Fact is I cant really show the sellwr the ps4 has a problem because the 2 $#@!downs where random. But he said hell chabge it no problem if its a failure.

Couls it be electrical related? I have it connected to a 110-220 transformer.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    I had a couple of 'shutdowns' while playing games back within the first month of launch. None since that time. Not sure if there was some OS stability issues or something else.

The PS4's power supply is universal (i.e. supports 110 - 240v AC.) I'd avoid using a transformer that may be adding noise into the power supply which can feedback into the system as a whole. If the plug type is different from your outlet because you bought it from a different country, get a plug adapter or replace the cord. It a standard C7 plug on the PS4 end, any local cable that has a C7 plug would work.

I'd also put it on a UPS (battery backup.) You may have some intermittent power issues that you're not even aware off and it's much better to be safe than sorry in case of a power failure when the HDD is being written to, not to mention surges.

PSN ID
    sudajalem
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    I had a couple of 'shutdowns' while playing games back within the first month of launch. None since that time. Not sure if there was some OS stability issues or something else.

The PS4's power supply is universal (i.e. supports 110 - 240v AC.) I'd avoid using a transformer that may be adding noise into the power supply which can feedback into the system as a whole. If the plug type is different from your outlet because you bought it from a different country, get a plug adapter or replace the cord. It a standard C7 plug on the PS4 end, any local cable that has a C7 plug would work.

I'd also put it on a UPS (battery backup.) You may have some intermittent power issues that you're not even aware off and it's much better to be safe than sorry in case of a power failure when the HDD is being written to, not to mention surges.
    Thx for reply taz. So I better get an adecuate 220 v cord with c7 wns and use it like that. Thw transformer is a bit old so that may be the problem?

this means my unit its not failing?

Will gta on ps4 have different story mode and will a game like heavy rain be coming out soon

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quick question! Would I be able to to buy previously "purchased" ps+ games? I'm only getting the "purchased" tab..

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by JibJabz View Post
    Will gta on ps4 have different story mode and will a game like heavy rain be coming out soon
    it likely will come out with a new single player DLC but if it doesn't then no it will have the same story. but there was a rumor a while back that they're working on a new DLC for story.
    Quick question! Would I be able to to buy previously "purchased" ps+ games? I'm only getting the "purchased" tab..
    you should be able to just click on it and buy it. try that.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    you should be able to just click on it and buy it. try that.
    Thanks for the reply, but that does nothing. In the Web store it prompts a download; on the Ps4: a start-up. No option to purchase. I even checked transaction history, but naught..

Guess I'll have to give Gabe my money..

What multiplayer modes will be on advanced warfare and will there be a zombies type mode ??

Thread Information