Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1727
    Is there any more news or videos on mad max

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Microphone Only use with DS4

Hi guys, I have a quick question about the dualshock 4 headphone/mic port.

Has the console been patched yet to allow a microphone to be plugged whilst maintaining all audio (including chat) through the TV speakers?

I'd like to use this microphone and not lose the ability to hear other players mics.

I can't seem to find any info on this issue apart from 2013 posts where its explained chat audio will always be fed to the controller if something is plugged into the 3.5mm jack.

If anyone could shed light on this i'd be most pleased as it will be one less thing to worry about for when my PS4 arrives next week.

Thanks!

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    what i can say is that i can listen to audio through the 3.5mm jack. i haven't tested it out on regular headsets but it should work.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by girothefiro View Post
    Hi guys, I have a quick question about the dualshock 4 headphone/mic port.

Has the console been patched yet to allow a microphone to be plugged whilst maintaining all audio (including chat) through the TV speakers?

I'd like to use this microphone and not lose the ability to hear other players mics.

I can't seem to find any info on this issue apart from 2013 posts where its explained chat audio will always be fed to the controller if something is plugged into the 3.5mm jack.

If anyone could shed light on this i'd be most pleased as it will be one less thing to worry about for when my PS4 arrives next week.

Thanks!
    I might be wrong on this but try holding down the PS button and going into ds4 options or controller options whatever it is and switching it to all audio. I'm almost certain that makes all audio come out of your speakers.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    I might be wrong on this but try holding down the PS button and going into ds4 options or controller options whatever it is and switching it to all audio. I'm almost certain that makes all audio come out of your speakers.
    But apparently if anything is plugged into the controller I.e. Headphones, microphone or headset (phones+mic one cable or with splitter) the chat is missing from the audio as the ps4 streams it to the dualshock 4 assuming you are using a headset.

I could (and am hoping it's the case) be wrong since the information im using are from posts on the matter from early this year and it may well have been patched in by now.

I'll hopefully have my console tomorrow to test myself but didn't want to order the microphone specially only to find out it won't work.

I'll post my finding either way as I'm surprised more people haven't opted to use a small/clip on mic so they can run headphones from an AV receiver and still maintain chat functionality..

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I just been using the little headphone/ mic that come with the PS4. I would definitely hold off to test of out before buying the Mic. I'm just not certain if it would work.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Overseer
    i'm not sure if i'm understanding the problem correctly. so for example, the little cheap 3.5mm jack mic that comes with the PS4, you can get audio on it (chat and game), hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    I just been using the little headphone/ mic that come with the PS4. I would definitely hold off to test of out before buying the Mic. I'm just not certain if it would work.
    Yeah I think I will to be safe as I can't find any concrete answers on the matter and pretty tired of being told using a headset is the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Omar View Post
    i'm not sure if i'm understanding the problem correctly. so for example, the little cheap 3.5mm jack mic that comes with the PS4, you can get audio on it (chat and game), hope that helps.
    Yes I think a few people in the other thread I made are a bit confused. Basically I want to use the 3.5mm jack on the controller for a microphone, whether that be an individual mic or the current provided headset.

The thing is I want to use the mic alone and have the chat audio come out the TV speakers. This way I can use my surround system or Sennheisers plugged into my TV or AV receiver whilst still being able to chat.

As it stands currently (as ive understood it) is that if you plug the provided headet (or another device) into the Dualshock 4 the PS4 routes all chat audio to that. So whilst people can hear me, I wont be able to hear them through my TV/AV Receiver.

To put it simply, can you change the PS4 to route all audio (including chat) to the speakers whilst the provided headset or third party headset is plugged into the controller?
    Last edited by girothefiro; 1 Week Ago at 17:07.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by girothefiro View Post
    Yeah I think I will to be safe as I can't find any concrete answers on the matter and pretty tired of being told using a headset is the solution.

Yes I think a few people in the other thread I made are a bit confused. Basically I want to use the 3.5mm jack on the controller for a microphone, whether that be an individual mic or the current provided headset.

The thing is I want to use the mic alone and have the chat audio come out the TV speakers. This way I can use my surround system or Sennheisers plugged into my TV or AV receiver whilst still being able to chat.

As it stands currently (as ive understood it) is that if you plug the provided headet (or another device) into the Dualshock 4 the PS4 routes all chat audio to that. So whilst people can hear me, I wont be able to hear them through my TV/AV Receiver.

To put it simply, can you change the PS4 to route all audio (including chat) to the speakers whilst the provided headset or third party headset is plugged into the controller?
    oh i get it, i couldn't open up the link earlier so didn't understand what you were trying to do.

basically you want you to be able to talk but the audio to come out the speakers...you might be right about that, i don't think there is a way yet.

however, it's "possible" that the PS4 automatically realizes that there's no speaker connection and just makes all the audio come out the other source (like your sound system).

i can't confirm though but what i can "almost" certainly say is that the chat is always going to come out the headphone rather than the speakers.

HOWEVER, when i have my PS4 Eye hooked up, i can actually chat from the camera while the sound comes out the TV...so again, it seems PS4 is able to do this...hopefully it will treat your mic as the camera.

let us know how it turns out, i'm curious.

What do people think of goal keepers on fifa 15

PSN ID
    ONECRAZEDKILLA
    if im correct but dont quote me on this if you plug a headset into the ds4 you can use it a mic but have the sound come out of the speakers still

PSN ID
    ONECRAZEDKILLA
    Does anybody know when the youtube app is coming?
    https://twitter.com/Notorious_Davl

PS4 DAY 1 EDITON MEMBER

Forum Elder
    Right now only the guys at Sony. Until then we're using YouTube. TV
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You can go on website no need

Are there any dongles that work for ps4

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by ONECRAZEDKILLA View Post
    if im correct but dont quote me on this if you plug a headset into the ds4 you can use it a mic but have the sound come out of the speakers still
    the only way (that i theorize this would work) is to plug in a mic that doesn't have a speaker connection. meaning only a mic. otherwise, it will send it to the headphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by JibJabz View Post

to do what?

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by JibJabz View Post

Based on your other thread, you were specifically asking for dongles for network connection. I asked why this is needed as the PS4 has WiFi and Ethernet built in. The only other realistic thing would be 3G/4G data service, which most 3G/4G data modems will provided both WiFi and Ethernet output.

Thread Information