Latest PSU headlines:

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 515 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    AverageNinjaNL
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    5) What are the CPU/GPU specs already?!!
    CPU: AMD 8-core CPU with Jaguar cores.
    GPU: Next generation AMD Radeon GPU (performance wise in between the HD7850 and the HD7870).
    The specs were released long ago mate

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    AverageNinjaNL
    I have a question:
    Will Folding At Home return with the PS4?
    Would be amazing to use the PS4 architecture for folding.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by AverageNinja View Post
    CPU: AMD 8-core CPU with Jaguar cores.
    GPU: Next generation AMD Radeon GPU (performance wise in between the HD7850 and the HD7870).
    The specs were released long ago mate
    I knew that info, but I know to know clockrates, etc. They only released a small tidbit of info...

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    AverageNinjaNL
    I knew that info, but I know to know clockrates, etc. They only released a small tidbit of info...
    I see, don't think they've released those specs yet :/
    I think somewhere around 3.2GHz

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I see, don't think they've released those specs yet :/
    I think somewhere around 3.2GHz
    According to the FCC the maximum clock frequency in the PS4 is 2.75Ghz, which is the GDDR5...I am guessing the CPU is 1.6-2.0Ghz (which is what I want to know) and I am guessing the GPU will be around 800MHz (which is the other thing I want to know).

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    AverageNinjaNL
    According to the FCC the maximum clock frequency in the PS4 is 2.75Ghz, which is the GDDR5...I am guessing the CPU is 1.6-2.0Ghz (which is what I want to know) and I am guessing the GPU will be around 800MHz (which is the other thing I want to know).
    Pretty sure the GDDR5 is 5GHz. 2.75GHz is achievable with really decent DDR3 (Corsair Dominator Platinum)

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    This probably only applies to few of us, but my question is ..... Will we still be limited to fat32 formatted USB HDD and Flash drives? Some of us aren't graced with a always working media serving networks you know .

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Pretty sure the GDDR5 is 5GHz. 2.75GHz is achievable with really decent DDR3 (Corsair Dominator Platinum)
    GDDR5 runs at 5.5 Gbits/s, but because it is Double Date Rate the actual clock speed of the memory is 2.75Ghz. (if I understand everything right!)

Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    This probably only applies to few of us, but my question is ..... Will we still be limited to fat32 formatted USB HDD and Flash drives? Some of us aren't graced with a always working media serving networks you know .
    Damn good question, I am wondering that as well, hopefully it will support EXT3/4 or exFAT!
    Last edited by MonkeyClaw; 08-22-2013 at 17:45.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    woops DP sorry
    Last edited by mini E; 08-22-2013 at 17:49.

PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Quote Originally Posted by almusmonk View Post
    I got 2 questions. I had 3 but forgot one lol.

1. Will vite remote play work if the ps4 is im sleep mode, or does it have to be fully on?

2. Any news on dedicated servers for the ps4 games, like cod ghosts on x1? Would it be a gakai thing or the cloud thing sony is working on (rockspace/ nasa thread)
    1. Safe to say it will probably have to be on, considering the ps4 is basically running the game with a different controller
    2.We'll have to wait and see. The PSN already supports dedicated servers, so it's up to the developers. AFAIK Xbox One games will have dedicated servers only if the devs rent them from MS. I'll add #2 to the list

Questions I still have left:

1) Any info on the Gaikai service on how it will work and what it will cost?
    2) If you buy disc copy of a game, can you install it and play without the disc?
    4) Will PS3 Blu-Ray remote work with the PS4?
    5) What are the CPU/GPU specs already?!!
    1. We'll probably have to wait for a few months on this. Sony said the service will launch in 2014. It would be awesome if they gave it to all PS4 owners but gave a discount for plus
    2. I hope so! Cut down on loading times especially with and SSD. You'll more than likely still need to have the disc inserted, though.
    4. More than likely. All bluetooth devices besides DS3 should still work
    5. Probably have to wait until launch for a teardown. Devs still under NDAs

I didn't put your third question in the OP as it dealt more with games, perhaps I should start a ps4 games: ask a question thread? Yeah I think I'll go do that...

PS4 Launch Edition

11. Likes MonkeyClaw likes this post

Cool. I wasnt sure if cod makers were paying for servers or MS done it for the sake of X1 players. Hope Sony matches it.

I remember my 3rd question.
    any info on how sony will get playstation users better internet with virgin/oramge etc like they said at gamescon presentation?
    My brother was like we dont have more than 20mb lines in our area, how are they gonna give us more or even make sure its constant access/ no limits or rush hour traffic slowing down speeds. This was great news though

13. Likes on the rocks likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Cool. I wasnt sure if cod makers were paying for servers or MS done it for the sake of X1 players. Hope Sony matches it.

I remember my 3rd question.
    any info on how sony will get playstation users better internet with virgin/oramge etc like they said at gamescon presentation?
    My brother was like we dont have more than 20mb lines in our area, how are they gonna give us more or even make sure its constant access/ no limits or rush hour traffic slowing down speeds. This was great news though
    I'm in the U.S. so this doesnt effect me at all but i find it very interesting/cool that sony is doing this. I would also like more info.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Quote Originally Posted by on the rocks View Post
    I'm in the U.S. so this doesnt effect me at all but i find it very interesting/cool that sony is doing this. I would also like more info.
    What does the broadband partnership with Virgin Media mean in practical terms for consumers?
    "There's plenty more to be fleshed out on it, but I think the core principles underlining it are that we're better together, the experience will be better using high end broadband services, of which Virgin is undoubtedly one of the key providers in that space.

"I think it's a good brand match, and it's all about the gameplay experience. What Jim [Ryan] said last night is we're talking about preserving chunks of their bandwidth for gameplay and putting that as high priority traffic, which is about reducing latency and improving that speed of response in multiplayer, and also the speed of the download for digital games, because while downloading console games is very viable today, they're still big files.

"The PS4 takes that agenda forward significantly in two ways. First of all, the partnerships will help, but secondly, you don't need the complete file to start the gameplay experience. Play as you download is a very exciting development.

"So you can see together how we create a new digital infrastructure for the future. Where we start and where it may grow as a partnership will be interesting, but there're the guiding principles to get us going."

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/int...-gamescom.html

Hopefully it might mean something like cheaper fibre packages, or perhaps a lifting of Virgin’s bewilderingly complex traffic shaping schemes for PS4 owners, enabling them to buy and download digital copies of PS4 games without crashing into throttling limits.
    http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/08/vir...4-isp-partner/
    Last edited by mini E; 08-24-2013 at 04:30.

PS4 Launch Edition

16. Likes on the rocks likes this post

Thanks. That sounds good. Hope they go with sky or bt too. Im with sky atm

PSN ID
    ONECRAZEDKILLA
    mini E thanks for answer our question i have another one sorry lolz.

as i plugged back in my xbox i had realized we were able to play music in game. will the ps4 be able to do that? i would to have that option.

Quote Originally Posted by ONECRAZEDKILLA View Post
    mini E thanks for answer our question i have another one sorry lolz.

as i plugged back in my xbox i had realized we were able to play music in game. will the ps4 be able to do that? i would to have that option.
    Mini e will have the answer but I believe at gamescon they mentioned at the main show that you can. The background music and the music player will be available and easier to get to. Instead of sliding and scrolling to music menu in xmb ps3 style

Can keyboards be used? Any wireless ones? So much easier to message and browse on it. Thanks

Superior Member

Sorry don't have time to go through this thread so if its been asked I apologize.

The new controller...it looks like it has a speaker...is it confirmed its only a speaker and not a mic??? If it is a mic....since the controller supports blutooth could it be used the same was as X1 kinect does to turn on your console....if it heard...."PS4 on"....just wondering....I personally could care less but if it could communicate that way say by saying PS4 on...or PS4 browser...or PSN..and do those things...would that tick off some people over at Redmond? I really don't need or want that...but just asking a question to see if anyone knows all the tech inside the controller.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    Sorry don't have time to go through this thread so if its been asked I apologize.

The new controller...it looks like it has a speaker...is it confirmed its only a speaker and not a mic??? If it is a mic....since the controller supports blutooth could it be used the same was as X1 kinect does to turn on your console....if it heard...."PS4 on"....just wondering....I personally could care less but if it could communicate that way say by saying PS4 on...or PS4 browser...or PSN..and do those things...would that tick off some people over at Redmond? I really don't need or want that...but just asking a question to see if anyone knows all the tech inside the controller.
    It's just a speaker. The console comes with a mic that plugs into the controller though. If you get the PS4 Eye, it'll also have 4 mics on it, and from what was talked about months ago, the Eye will most likely be used for voice commands like that to turn the system on and to move through system menus and such.

23. Likes mini E likes this post
    Superior Member

Quote Originally Posted by XtraTrstrL View Post
    It's just a speaker. The console comes with a mic that plugs into the controller though. If you get the PS4 Eye, it'll also have 4 mics on it, and from what was talked about months ago, the Eye will most likely be used for voice commands like that to turn the system on and to move through system menus and such.
    Thank you....I won't ever use those features even though I have the eye on order for my wife and her dance/singing games and I'm hoping the next FIGHT NIGHT utilizes it. Even though kinect should be a lot more advanced I just can't see the value in it as far as how much MS has invested money and system requirements into it. Would have been interesting if the controller could hear your command and turn everything on or operate like that but I imagine then it would lose charge having a sleep mode persay....thanks!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus

All of the answered questions are in the OP, which I update regularly.

Yes as was said it's just a speaker. Sony haven't specifically talked about voice control, but it's possible with virtually any microphone so if they really wanted to it wouldn't be too hard to implement. It's not any revolutionary technology. The big stink about the kinect 2.0 voice control is cancelling background noise. The playstation 4 camera has 4 microphones so the tech is there for noise cancellation and sound origination, we just haven't seen it demonstrated as of yet.

Can keyboards be used? Any wireless ones? So much easier to message and browse on it. Thanks

And keyboards are almost a guarantee. The ps3 supported all usb and bluetooth keyboards.

Yes as was said you can play music in the background as was confirmed at gamescom.

mini E thanks for answer our question

You're welcome that's the point of the thread
    Last edited by mini E; 08-24-2013 at 04:25.

PS4 Launch Edition

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    AverageNinjaNL
    I have another question
    Will Planetside 2 be cross platform? I have a lot of friends on another forum, who only game on PC, and I'd love to play some games with them

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL
    I have another question
    Will Planetside 2 be cross platform? I have a lot of friends on another forum, who only game on PC, and I'd love to play some games with them
    I believe they already said that it won't be cross platform play. They are working on allowing you to transfer your characters between the 2 though. The main reason it won't have crossplay seems to be because the updates on PS4 won't be able to keep up with the PC one's because the extra steps you have to go through for PS4 updates to go through. It's kind of weird though, because other devs have mentioned how Sony is allowing them to update whenever they want and keep their frequent updates in line with their PC versions, like Warframe.

Anyhow, here: Source.

28. Likes mini E likes this post
    PSN ID
    UK-Solid-Snake
    Do you guys think Sony are going to make us sign up for their Music Unlimited service to get custom in-game music?

It's already been confirmed the PS4 does not support CD'sso we won't be ripping our own tracks to the HDD, and at GC they announced they'd expanded Music Unlimited functionality so that it worked in the background and would play as background music whilst gaming.
    Last edited by UK-Solid-Snake; 08-25-2013 at 15:00.

PSN ID
    ONECRAZEDKILLA
    Quote Originally Posted by UK-Solid-Snake View Post
    Do you guys think Sony are going to make us sign up for their Music Unlimited service to get custom in-game music?

It's already been confirmed the PS4 does not support CD'sso we won't be ripping our own tracks to the HDD, and at GC they announced they'd expanded Music Unlimited functionality so that it worked in the background and would play as background music whilst gaming.
    craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

Thread Information