Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 818 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 659
  1. #176
    Superior Member
    mini E's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Age
    21
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    9,121 (0 Banked)
    OP updated with new info from ultimate FAQ

    PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

    If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

  2. #177
    Superior Member
    mini E's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Age
    21
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    9,121 (0 Banked)
    OP updated with info from ultimate faq

    PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

    If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

  3. #178
    PSU Editor
    Shockwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,048
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    9,547 (0 Banked)
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Is there any Ireland/UK-based online retailers which'll give me a good estimate of the time in which the PS4 will be delivered before I actually order? Amazon only do it after you've ordered and I only want to once I know the rough time in which I'll get it!

    Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

  4. #179
    Member
    ThaDon187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    9
    Points
    1,781 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    Is there any Ireland/UK-based online retailers which'll give me a good estimate of the time in which the PS4 will be delivered before I actually order? Amazon only do it after you've ordered and I only want to once I know the rough time in which I'll get it!
    order then cancel

  5. #180
    PSU Editor
    Shockwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,048
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    9,547 (0 Banked)
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDon187 View Post
    order then cancel
    Won't incur any penalty/costs, no?

    Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

  6. #181
    Master Guru
    darky89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the bushes.
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,068
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    101,050 (0 Banked)
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    If I have sex with my PS4, will I get vita babies?

    Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

  7. #182
    Member
    ThaDon187's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    126
    Rep Power
    9
    Points
    1,781 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    Won't incur any penalty/costs, no?

    nope it wont cost you a penny to cancel

  8. #183
    PSU Editor
    Shockwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,048
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    9,547 (0 Banked)
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Quote Originally Posted by ThaDon187 View Post
    nope it wont cost you a penny to cancel
    Awesome, thanks.

    Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

  9. #184
    Apprentice
    Hermes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mt. Olympus (North Carolina)
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    5,656 (0 Banked)
    Are there any features that aren't ready for launch day?

  10. #185
    Master Guru
    darky89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the bushes.
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,068
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    101,050 (0 Banked)
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Remote Play, playing mp3/mp4 files, some current headsets and other things.. but that's all I can remember off the top of my head.

    Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

  11. #186
    Apprentice
    Hermes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mt. Olympus (North Carolina)
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    5,656 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    Remote Play, playing mp3/mp4 files, some current headsets and other things.. but that's all I can remember off the top of my head.
    When will Remote play be ready? Or is it fixed in that launch day update?

  12. #187
    Master Guru
    darky89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the bushes.
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,068
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    101,050 (0 Banked)
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    When will Remote play be ready? Or is it fixed in that launch day update?
    Actually, it looks like I was wrong. Yeah, should be okay with the firmware update.

    US launch is now less than a month away and -- surprise, surprise -- it's going to require a Day One system update. The company just announced today that a significant software patch (about 300MB in size) will be necessary to enable a slew of functionality, like Remote Play on PS Vita and the Share button,
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/25/s...-mobile-app-t/

    Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

  13. #188
    Apprentice
    Hermes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Mt. Olympus (North Carolina)
    PSN ID
    HermesTheGod
    Posts
    451
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    5,656 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    Actually, it looks like I was wrong. Yeah, should be okay with the firmware update.


    http://www.engadget.com/2013/10/25/s...-mobile-app-t/
    Sweet! Thanks!

  14. #189
    Apprentice
    timewriter2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    206
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    10,020 (0 Banked)
    Cheapskate alert!!! I have a few free "1 month trial" codes for PS Plus that I got with a game and another with a gaming magazine. They are valid until easter time 2014 so I am wondering if I can use them with the PS4? I am a bit strapped for cash at the moment as I am getting a few PS4 games, spare controller and the like and am also taking out an extended warranty on the console. Every penny counts as I have Christmas shopping to do yet as well. Flippin heck.

  15. #190
    Master Guru
    darky89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the bushes.
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,068
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    101,050 (0 Banked)
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    I believe so, as ps plus is linked to your SEN account, which is kinda like a master account and applies across all your Sony device's you activate it on. I recently bought a year ps plus card, and there is no ps3 / ps4 option.

    Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

  16. #191
    Apprentice
    timewriter2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    206
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    10,020 (0 Banked)
    Cool thanks.

  17. #192
    Master Guru
    darky89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the bushes.
    Age
    25
    Posts
    7,068
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    101,050 (0 Banked)
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Hopefully other people answer who can be more sure, as I'm not 100%. But as there isn't a ps plus for ps4 thing, I can't imagine it'd be a problem.

    Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

  18. #193
    Newbie

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    71
    Rep Power
    25
    Points
    813 (0 Banked)
    Hey,
    now that my local game doesnt have the killzone camera bundle, im thinking of going digital for alot of my games, god damn ill miss the cases .
    just wanted to know how simple is changing the harddrive? 500gb wont do, so i might aswell change it launch night. I found a 2tb western digital for a good price.

    do i need to reinstall the ps4 os? How? Does it make the ps4 run slower, or heat differently as its not the original harddrive? Did the ps3 have any problems changing harddrives? Will it work launch night?
    sorry for all the questions.
    tha ks

  19. #194
    PSU Editor
    Shockwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,048
    Rep Power
    69
    Points
    9,547 (0 Banked)
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Quote Originally Posted by almusmonk View Post
    Hey,
    now that my local game doesnt have the killzone camera bundle, im thinking of going digital for alot of my games, god damn ill miss the cases .
    just wanted to know how simple is changing the harddrive? 500gb wont do, so i might aswell change it launch night. I found a 2tb western digital for a good price.

    do i need to reinstall the ps4 os? How? Does it make the ps4 run slower, or heat differently as its not the original harddrive? Did the ps3 have any problems changing harddrives? Will it work launch night?
    sorry for all the questions.
    tha ks
    It shouldn't be problem if your HDD matches the criteria necessary - and yep, you can do so on day one! I think it's simply a matter of switching it, there's no need for re-installation, plus you won't have to back-up anything since the machine will be blank.

    http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/16...nch-hard-drive

    This thread might help, too:

    http://community.eu.playstation.com/.../td-p/20067967

    Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

  20. #195
    Superior Member
    mini E's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Age
    21
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    9,121 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by timewriter2003 View Post
    Cheapskate alert!!! I have a few free "1 month trial" codes for PS Plus that I got with a game and another with a gaming magazine. They are valid until easter time 2014 so I am wondering if I can use them with the PS4? I am a bit strapped for cash at the moment as I am getting a few PS4 games, spare controller and the like and am also taking out an extended warranty on the console. Every penny counts as I have Christmas shopping to do yet as well. Flippin heck.

    I can reconfirm this. I received a code form KZ SF (ps4 game) and used it on my ps3. It's all tied to your account, not any specific console.

    PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

    If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

  21. #196
    Apprentice
    timewriter2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    206
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    10,020 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockWave View Post
    It shouldn't be problem if your HDD matches the criteria necessary - and yep, you can do so on day one! I think it's simply a matter of switching it, there's no need for re-installation, plus you won't have to back-up anything since the machine will be blank.

    http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/16...nch-hard-drive

    This thread might help, too:

    http://community.eu.playstation.com/.../td-p/20067967
    Hi

    Can I check that the drive requirements, if you change are it has to be a sata II drive, 5400rpm and not more than 9.5mm thick? Does anyone know (apologies if this a repeat question) but can I change out of the box or is there any fireware etc on the PS4's shipped HDD? Many thanks as always for any helpful advice/helpful information given.

  22. #197
    Forum Elder
    $Greatness$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Posts
    2,952
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    26,479 (5,000 Banked)
    Items User name style
    We can't play digital PS2 games as of yet, correct?


    $Greatness$ Awaits™


  23. #198
    Master Sage
    HellsJester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Alone in the Cold
    Posts
    13,391
    Rep Power
    113
    Points
    37,075 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    We can't play digital PS2 games as of yet, correct?
    Correct. Gaikai is later





  24. #199
    Forum Elder
    $Greatness$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Posts
    2,952
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    26,479 (5,000 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Correct. Gaikai is later
    Ard cool. Good lookin'. I'll wait to buy Capcom Revolution then. lol


    $Greatness$ Awaits™


  25. #200
    Apprentice
    GalapagosaraY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    Posts
    185
    Rep Power
    23
    Points
    2,188 (0 Banked)
    Is it really true the DS4 only lasts between 5-8 hours between each charge? it seems to be mentioned alot lately on the IGN comments thats really low if its true compared to DS3 which lasts between 12-14 hours for me, i pretty much only need to charge it maybe once every 10-14 days




    Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

    Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

    Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.