Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post

Just saying
    Obviously the guy is retarded. Who the hell holds control that way.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Still not going to fall for this. I do believe that if they have taken this out or off, what have they left to annoy us even more
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    Removing the DRM restrictions is one thing....but they haven't removed the kinect camera completely and that is another. Just do a google search for the movement of cable companies pushing to install cameras and microphones in their cable boxes. Verizon already has some. Its suppose to detect who is watching so they can put ads on customized for that person and take data of how many are watching and what comments are made during the show and etc. Sound like a certain all in one gaming cable box being promoted to anyone? MS was going to do the work of the cable company for them by simply hooking up a game console to your cable box to get your all of this through the kinect. Cable company's had a huge backlash and what better trojan horse than an innocent little game console....ha! If you don't think MS is not in on trying to track every detail of what your doing on your console your crazy. This isn't just simply monitoring gaming time or time on an app or what games or tv shows your watching.....they want much much more...I call it like I see it....and I don't trust MS when they say it isn't on just because you turn it off....I'm sorry....we've seen too much in the news to take people at face value....much less a company with some of the most corrupt business habits like MS. As for the rest of what they were offering....I would say if it was so great...so game changing they would have shouted it from the roof tops....bragged about it and promoted and told you EVERYTHING IT COULD DO...100% DETAILS ABOUT HOW SPECIAL IT WAS. Whatever, they knew if people knew all the info behind what they were doing they wouldnt touch the console...they tried to hide it with ambiguity and slight of hand. Fact is when small pieces got leaked here and there...it was clear this console had some very very anti consumer features and the things they were touting...were no where near what they were saying. MS has put together one big lie and thankfully for consumers they are having to back track from it.....those that are upset should be thankful they didn't get what MS was trying to push.
    Are you sure about that? What you said about the cable companies actually watching you over...that wouldn't be allowed in the states...or anywhere...not unless you are agreeing to have it done to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    I think this is Young Mullah way of calling us retarded if we dont like the DS3. It got changed for a reason Mullah
    How did it change? It's still the same, just bigger for Americans, has improvements like the touchpad, triggers redone etc. It's still the same controller.
    Quote Originally Posted by VayMasters86 View Post
    The gif could be either calling people retards for not being able to use the controller, or it could be exaggerating the difficulty of using the controller. Either one you bombed in both concept and execution.
    It's not him in the gif.

Calm down guys, the gif is just a joke

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Are you sure about that? What you said about the cable companies actually watching you over...that wouldn't be allowed in the states...or anywhere...not unless you are agreeing to have it done to you.

How did it change? It's still the same, just bigger for Americans, has improvements like the touchpad, triggers redone etc. It's still the same controller.

It's not him in the gif.

It's not the same controller, The Analog sticks have been moved further apart due to them being to close on DS3, The Analog sticks are now concave like the 360 sticks, Handles are far bigger and now looks similar size to the 360 pad rather than DS3, Triggers are again been changed so are now like the 360 pad and of course it has a touch pad.

No matter how many times you keep telling yourself the DS4 has not been changed from the DS3 it's just lies.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Unless it's really just showing us some poor soul who is having some very real and disturbing troubles with using a DS3 controller

I will have to actually hold the DS4 in my hands before I actually judge it. I've got relatively small hands, so the Playstation controllers have always felt good to me. The Xbox controllers I'm able to get used to, but they always feel clunky. That might just be because I'm used to the PS controllers though as I did adjust to the xbox controller until it seemed natural as well. (Never did play enough Xbox360 to really be able to judge it though).
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post

Just saying
    Mild retardation?
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanehead View Post
    You would be shocked by the amount of people who really don't know how to hold the DS properly. All those who complain about their thumbs knocking together? Yep

8. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    You would be shocked by the amount of people who really don't know how to hold the DS properly. All those who complain about their thumbs knocking together? Yep
    A lot of people have motor skill problems, then.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Forum Sage
    It's not the same controller, The Analog sticks have been moved further apart due to them being to close on DS3, The Analog sticks are now concave like the 360 sticks, Handles are far bigger and now looks similar size to the 360 pad rather than DS3, Triggers are again been changed so are now like the 360 pad and of course it has a touch pad.

No matter how many times you keep telling yourself the DS4 has not been changed from the DS3 it's just lies.
    You haven't seen/used this:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...rSCPH-1180.jpg

Look at the thumbsticks. That's a PS1 controller.
    Last edited by sainraja; 06-22-2013 at 18:42.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Agreed. I have big hands yet I have never had my thumbs knocking together while using the DS3.

Forum Overseer

I'm not saying it hasn't changed, I'm saying that they have improved it. The Xbox controller is "different" as well as the Nintendo controller. From the looks of it, I'm not going to feel much different holding this controller over the DS3. Just bigger.

And yes, they have to make the sticks wider if it's bigger lol...to fit the speaker in the middle. And yes, I do like that they're trying to take some inspiration from the Xbox controller (as it is made for westerners)...what's wrong with that? Do you think Xbox didn't have any inspirations? Let's see, Dreamcast for the entire layout almost. Then DS2 for the additional shoulder buttons. They've been trying to better the d-pad to make it like the DS. Trying to make the buttons pressure-sensitive.

I don't see anything wrong with inspiration. It doesn't mean that the controller is different now, the essence is still the same. If it were so much like the 360 controller, you'd be in love with it right now lol. and if you wanna call it different then you might as well call the Xbox controller different since the first one to now.

Superior Member

Verizon has them and Comcast tried to release them too but had so much customer flack that they stopped it. You are notified but that doesn't mean that they wouldn't try to use the kinect as a backdoor to get what they want. All I'm saying is MS, GOOGLE, FACEBOOK, APPLE...all these guys data mine the crap out of people and use or sell off your information so I just wouldn't trust anything about them. I know...I sound paronoid but this stuff goes on...the govt isn't going to admit what they do and I really doubt these corperations will either....but these boxes are out there...and the main thing is they want to get them out...but its hard with the public perception....but well....a game console....that has a camera....that just so happens to be plugged into your cable box....seems like a trojan horse to me.

Administrator

Microsoft Announces Removal of DRM Restrictions

Verizon has them and Comcast tried to release them too but had so much customer flack that they stopped it. You are notified but that doesn't mean that they wouldn't try to use the kinect as a backdoor to get what they want. All I'm saying is MS, GOOGLE, FACEBOOK, APPLE...all these guys data mine the crap out of people and use or sell off your information so I just wouldn't trust anything about them. I know...I sound paronoid but this stuff goes on...the govt isn't going to admit what they do and I really doubt these corperations will either....but these boxes are out there...and the main thing is they want to get them out...but its hard with the public perception....but well....a game console....that has a camera....that just so happens to be plugged into your cable box....seems like a trojan horse to me.
    Everything you do online is tracked by the government. You can be as paranoid as you want, but avoiding those companies doesn't make anything online less private. The only way to avoid it is to not use the internet, only use cash, wear a mask wherever you go, and send messages to friends and family via carrier pigeons. There's nothing you can really do to stop being tracked digitally except to unplug yourself from it all and go live in an Amish village. Just deal with it is really the only option we have. It doesn't really bother me, though... I'm not doing anything the government would give two craps about.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Government spying isn't exclusive to the U.S. I can assure you this has been going on long before any of us were born. They don't need to stick cameras or other devices in your house to do it either. As far as Kinect being used to spy, yes you can say that it does have that ability, but it does have privacy settings and you need to be connected for it to be possible.As long as you are not a security risk you have nothing to worry about. If it keeps us safer then i don't mind.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Ding ding $#@!ing ding! Don't $#@! about cramping if you are trying to grip the controller like you would with a 360 pad lol...since the introduction of the dual sticks I don't think I've ever had my thumbs touch each other EVER (decent hand size also)! So how the hell do you people hold your controllers?

Controller argument is all about preference, but this is not the thread for it, I'll probably make a vs (if it's not there already) thread about it...a bunch of e3 hands on is saying the ds4 is a better controller than the Xbox juans

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 06-22-2013 at 19:48.

17. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Government spying isn't exclusive to the U.S. I can assure you this has been going on long before any of us were born. They don't need to stick cameras or other devices in your house to do it either.
    Not all governments have the resources to do that.

As far as Kinect being used to spy, yes you can say that it does have that ability, but it does have privacy settings and you need to be connected for it to be possible.
    Your console won't play games without it being connected. For all we know, they may have it as a requirement for apps too as it is likely integral to that as well.

As long as you are not a security risk you have nothing to worry about. If it keeps us safer then i don't mind.
    LOL

LOL

LOL

sheep

19. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Not all governments have the resources to do that.
    Not that you know about. But then again, you would have to spy to even know that....lol

Your console won't play games without it being connected. For all we know, they may have it as a requirement for apps too as it is likely integral to that as well.
    For all we know is that we don't know. I'm not worried about that. There are many things out there to fear and kinect isn't on my list as long as i'm in control of it.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 06-22-2013 at 20:57.

Forum Overseer
    Not that you know about. But then again, you would have to spy to even know that....lol
    Dude, I don't think you've ever lived outside your country...other than the army sending you there. No, there are plenty of countries out there that just don't have the resources to pull off something like that with common citizens. Maybe for special ops (ghetto version of it) but definitely not your average citizens. They don't have the money, nor the technology to do that.

For all we know is that we don't know. I'm not worried about that. There are many things out there to fear and kinect isn't on my list as long as i'm in control of it.
    What other things should we fear? No, I'm not talking about Kinect, I'm talking about being spied on with Kinect...that's silly if you think that's nothing to fear about.

Keeping aside that this likely won't happen, why would it not bother you if someone is spying on you?

Forum Sage
    Dude, I don't think you've ever lived outside your country...other than the army sending you there. No, there are plenty of countries out there that just don't have the resources to pull off something like that with common citizens. Maybe for special ops (ghetto version of it) but definitely not your average citizens. They don't have the money, nor the technology to do that.
    Actually I have. There are plenty countries out there that don't have our capabilities but they don't really need it either. This is an area where you don't have to be technologically superior to accomplish it.

What other things should we fear? No, I'm not talking about Kinect, I'm talking about being spied on with Kinect...that's silly if you think that's nothing to fear about.
    There is nothing to fear. Unless there has been something proven that says kinect will spy on you. It's just people being paranoid. if you fear Kinect then you should fear cell phones, Tvs, computers and any other electronics. They have the ability to do the same.

Keeping aside that this likely won't happen, why would it not bother you if someone is spying on you?
    because I don't live my life in fear. I don't break the law and i'm not doing anything to risk national security, but it doesn't mean that others aren't. Everyone isn't law abiding citizens and there are some that are here to do harm.

Isn't this thread about DRM anyway?...lol
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 06-22-2013 at 22:55.

Flaw3d Genius
    LOL @ The spying talk...Big bad America eh! Gamers are getting so paranoid!

Forum Sage
    yea, I know. It's really funny. No reason to be scared. Everytime we discuss it, it reminds me of this:

..That kills me everytime.

Forum Overseer
    Actually I have. There are plenty countries out there that don't have our capabilities but they don't really need it either. This is an area where you don't have to be technologically superior to accomplish it.
    Really you have? lol. I'd love to hear it. PM me!

Yea, so what sort of spying do you think they can do? Yea, not worth $#@!...at least not inside your own damn house anyway and not random citizens.

There is nothing to fear. Unless there has been something proven that says kinect will spy on you. It's just people being paranoid. if you fear Kinect then you should fear cell phones, Tvs, computers and any other electronics. They have the ability to do the same.
    I don't fear it...but you said it doesn't matter if you said as long as you're not a "security risk"...right, so you would let them spy on you? lol I mean, I can understand if there was a confusion and they thought you were someone else but random spying? $#@! THAT $#@!.

Yea I get cell phones but TVs? there's no damn input on the TV dude lol. It doesn't know wtf you're doing. And computers? haha...yea no, they'd have to specifically send high ranking hackers to get through your firewall and then what? They'd just take over your computer, so what lol. Again, not something they'd want to do unless there was a reasonable doubt about someone. Which is fine.

because I don't live my life in fear. I don't break the law and i'm not doing anything to risk national security, but it doesn't mean that others aren't. Everyone isn't law abiding citizens and there are some that are here to do harm.
    Ok, I bet you'd love living in Palestine then. Checkpoints sound good?

Isn't this thread about DRM anyway?...lol
    You know what, this stance of yours makes complete sense why some of you were ready to bend over for MS. I don't take my freedoms for granted.
    The idea was that if Kinect was being used to spy. Otherwise I don't care and I'm not afraid that it will do that...but I still wouldn't want a device to be on that can see and hear me. That's precisely why I always close the shutter of my laptop cam when I'm on it...I don't wanna accidentally show my tits on skype.

Apprentice

HAHAHA that cracks me up. It reminds me of those stupid late night B-Role infomercials/commercials that make something simple into the biggest headache of the century with their over the top antics. A few that come to mind are the ones with the guy using a Q-tip and shouts out AOWW!!! lol another one is a water hose and how they can get tangled up but the person standing there is like engulfed in this tangled mess of waterhose...It's a little extreme. The DS3 is fine. way better than the 360 control for fighting games and Im sure the DS4 will be great too. I just hope it's made a little more sturdy. I always felt like I was going to break my DS3 if I held it too tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanehead View Post

Apprentice

As far as the government spying thing. It happens and it isn't being paranoid if it's happened before. Just because they do it and can do it does not make it legal. In the US the NSA spying on people in most cases was illegal. And to add fuel to the fire, Snowden the guy that told people about what the government was doing will be charged criminally for espienage. Total Bull$#@!. If people dont have anything to hide great but that still doesn't give the government the right to spy on you. I'm pretty sure the U.S. constitution was against that type of thing. A lot of people are forgetting that or just don't seem to mind unfortunately.

Administrator

Microsoft Announces Removal of DRM Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post
    HAHAHA that cracks me up. It reminds me of those stupid late night B-Role infomercials/commercials that make something simple into the biggest headache of the century with their over the top antics. A few that come to mind are the ones with the guy using a Q-tip and shouts out AOWW!!! lol another one is a water hose and how they can get tangled up but the person standing there is like engulfed in this tangled mess of waterhose...It's a little extreme
    That's exactly what it reminds me of... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Disgustipated View Post
    As far as the government spying thing. It happens and it isn't being paranoid if it's happened before. Just because they do it and can do it does not make it legal. In the US the NSA spying on people in most cases was illegal. And to add fuel to the fire, Snowden the guy that told people about what the government was doing will be charged criminally for espienage. Total Bull$#@!. If people dont have anything to hide great but that still doesn't give the government the right to spy on you. I'm pretty sure the U.S. constitution was against that type of thing. A lot of people are forgetting that or just don't seem to mind unfortunately.
    A lot of people in this country seem fine with ignorance and complacency... and it's only getting worse.
    Last edited by Brandon; 06-23-2013 at 02:13.

Thread Information