Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    I'll never understand how anyone could prefer the Xbox controller. Simply awful.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    When that happens, I'll be done with it.
    Good thing every show episode can be found online

Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    That's exactly what it reminds me of... lol.

A lot of people in this country seem fine with ignorance and complacency... and it's only getting worse.
    They don't understand the value of freedom.

4. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post

Quote Originally Posted by skyballin View Post
    I'll never understand how anyone could prefer the Xbox controller. Simply awful.
    I prefer PS3 overall but I prefer the Xbox 360 controller. I like having a larger controller I guess. Also on some games I find myself wishing the analog stick was where the d-pad is on the PS3 controller.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Really you have? lol. I'd love to hear it. PM me!

Yea, so what sort of spying do you think they can do? Yea, not worth ****...at least not inside your own damn house anyway and not random citizens.

I don't fear it...but you said it doesn't matter if you said as long as you're not a "security risk"...right, so you would let them spy on you? lol I mean, I can understand if there was a confusion and they thought you were someone else but random spying? **** THAT ****
    Oh how wrong you are...lol And it's not about letting them. If they really want to, and deemed it necessary,they can do it, and there is really nothing you can do about it because it's not illegal.

Yea I get cell phones but TVs? there's no damn input on the TV dude lol. It doesn't know wtf you're doing. And computers? haha...yea no, they'd have to specifically send high ranking hackers to get through your firewall and then what? They'd just take over your computer, so what lol. Again, not something they'd want to do unless there was a reasonable doubt about someone. Which is fine.
    You really don't need inputs. Some Tvs have the same technology kinect has. Cameras and all that. But like I said, they don't need all that stuff if they wanted to spy. They can get all the info they need and watch you without you ever knowing it happened.

You know what, this stance of yours makes complete sense why some of you were ready to bend over for MS. I don't take my freedoms for granted.
    neither do I. I still have the freedom to buy or not buy what they are selling. i'm Ok with or without DRM if that's what it came down too. At the end of the day, they are just video games. If push came to shove, i can do without them.

The idea was that if Kinect was being used to spy. Otherwise I don't care and I'm not afraid that it will do that...but I still wouldn't want a device to be on that can see and hear me. That's precisely why I always close the shutter of my laptop cam when I'm on it...I don't wanna accidentally show my **** on skype.
    But that's you. Not everyone is the same. I have no issues with Kinect because I'm confident it's not being used to for the purpose of spying. It quite silly to even think that.

As far as the government spying thing. It happens and it isn't being paranoid if it's happened before. Just because they do it and can do it does not make it legal. In the US the NSA spying on people in most cases was illegal. And to add fuel to the fire, Snowden the guy that told people about what the government was doing will be charged criminally for espienage. Total Bull****. If people dont have anything to hide great but that still doesn't give the government the right to spy on you. I'm pretty sure the U.S. constitution was against that type of thing. A lot of people are forgetting that or just don't seem to mind unfortunately.
    Sorry, but he gets no sympathy from me. He deserves whatever he gets.

I used to think the same but when I tried the xbox-360 controller I immediately liked it better than sony's. I think the analogs are positioned perfectly. Now that they've seemed to fix the only flaw, which was the pad, it should be perfect.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Oh how wrong you are...lol And it's not about letting them. If they really want to, and deemed it necessary,they can do it, and there is really nothing you can do about it because it's not illegal.
    That's the thing, if they think it's really that necessary to do it, I can understand. If there's a legitimate concern and there's reasonable doubt then that's fine but if you're just randomly spying on common people, that's wrong. It can be used for wrongdoing and has been used that way and we just had a huge cluster-**** about this with the IRS.

You really don't need inputs. Some Tvs have the same technology kinect has. Cameras and all that. But like I said, they don't need all that stuff if they wanted to spy. They can get all the info they need and watch you without you ever knowing it happened.
    Like this one? I doubt anyone would buy that. That's like saying, "**** me in the ass please"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-concerns.html

Yeah, like the NSA...we know.

neither do I. I still have the freedom to buy or not buy what they are selling. i'm Ok with or without DRM if that's what it came down too. At the end of the day, they are just video games. If push came to shove, i can do without them.
    I'm not talking about the Kinect or Xbox One...I brought MS in as a reference but I was still talking about the govt. spying on people.

But that's you. Not everyone is the same.
    No sir, that's more like just you lol. You can't tell me that majority of the people would want that anywhere in the world...heck, if you found a small minority, I'll be surprised. There's a reason why they said you can turn off the Kinect...it would be insane if you couldn't play the console without turning that off.

I have no issues with Kinect because I'm confident it's not being used to for the purpose of spying. It quite silly to even think that.
    Yea I'm not worried about the Kinect spying on anyone, I'm not one of those people with a tin foil hat. But your comment had to do with if they "did" spy on us and I don't know why you'd let someone invade your privacy.
    I used to think the same but when I tried the xbox-360 controller I immediately liked it better than sony's. I think the analogs are positioned perfectly. Now that they've seemed to fix the only flaw, which was the pad, it should be perfect.
    The only way they can fix the d-pad is if they keep it separate like DS does...otherwise you will always end up pressing two directions at once. That's just science.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    That's the thing, if they think it's really that necessary to do it, I can understand. If there's a legitimate concern and there's reasonable doubt then that's fine but if you're just randomly spying on common people, that's wrong. It can be used for wrongdoing and has been used that way and we just had a huge cluster-**** about this with the IRS.
    It may be wrong to people but's not illegal. It's something you have no control over.

Yeah, like the NSA...we know.

I'm not talking about the Kinect or Xbox One...I brought MS in as a reference but I was still talking about the govt. spying on people.
    No one likes to be spied on but it's not gonna stop because no laws are being broken. It's just the way our society is . We live with it just like any other thing.

Yea I'm not worried about the Kinect spying on anyone, I'm not one of those people with a tin foil hat. But your comment had to do with if they "did" spy on us and I don't know why you'd let someone invade your privacy.
    It all depends on the reason for the invasion for me. If it involves national security, they don't need your permission. They could request it out of courtesy, but they don't have to.
    The only way they can fix the d-pad is if they keep it separate like DS does...otherwise you will always end up pressing two directions at once. That's just science.
    I guess we will find out soon enough. Either way it's still the better controller to me because of the analog positions and better triggers.

Extreme Poster
    It may be wrong to people but's not illegal. It's something you have no control over.
    what

No one likes to be spied on but it's not gonna stop because no laws are being broken. It's just the way our society is . We live with it just like any other thing.
    I don't want to live. I have no reply to this.

It all depends on the reason for the invasion for me. If it involves national security, they don't need your permission. They could request it out of courtesy, but they don't have to.
    random checks on people is national security? lol. OK dude...just like the IRS ****, that's why this card can be played to your advantage and bully people.

I think you should go back and read the laws again, you can't just do all this crap without a reasonable doubt or a warrant.

I guess we will find out soon enough. Either way it's still the better controller to me because of the analog positions and better triggers.
    Can't argue with preference.

10. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Forum Guru

It seems like you will never understand the backlash MS gets for the mandatory Kinect, hence why it sounded 'shocking' to you when entire gaming community ****s on the Xbone.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    F34R now has an ace up his sleeve. This is a great day lol.

Extreme Poster
    Do tell!

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Do tell!
    I wish I could... Bookmark that post.

PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple

Can't argue with preference.
    A concept lost on too many.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

16. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I wish I could... Bookmark that post.
    Color me curious. When will this ace be revealed?

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    I just don't see the issue. If you don't use it, have it turned off, etc... what does it matter if it is plugged in?

I dunno, guess I am just a trusting person, but if I was really concerned about it, I would just block out the sensor when not in use.

As a person who thinks on the side of game devs, I would be happy to know that there isn't a console out there that can't use a feature we want to implement. Knowing the entire userbase can use the facet of the game you are dreaming about and don't have to create alternate control options. It is a good thing to have your console with options, as a consumer, but as a game dev, standardization like this is a good thing.

I would prob end up buying Kinect 2.0 anyway, just like I will likely get the new EYE for my PS4...
    Shipping the console with Kinect takes care of that doesn't it? Why does it need to stay plugged-in?

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Color me curious. When will this ace be revealed?
    Can't say, but I'll probably be doing hints here and there. It's epic.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Shipping the console with Kinect takes care of that doesn't it? Why does it need to stay plugged-in?
    What I'd guess the problem there would be that if someone loses their Kinect or breaks it, they don't want you to continue without it. Or sell it. I can see a benefit in that for developers but at the same time, yes this feels like an extra baggage but it has its benefits to the gamers too that would at least be slightly interested in it.

I would be interested in the features but I guess there are some that just don't care for it.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Can't say, but I'll probably be doing hints here and there. It's epic.
    Nice! Looking forward to hearing what it is.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    You would be shocked by the amount of people who really don't know how to hold the DS properly. All those who complain about their thumbs knocking together? Yep
    and yet Sony moved the sticks further apart. go figure...

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    maybe so, it could be several reasons. they want to make it bigger for the western audience. they wanted to fit more onto the controller so naturally it will get spaced apart.

i welcome the changes. too bad for the japanese people though.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    and I am sure that has nothing to do with them adding the touchpad.
    Facebook-https://www.facebook.com/gameryuichi I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    You would be shocked by the amount of people who really don't know how to hold the DS properly. All those who complain about their thumbs knocking together? Yep
    If you have to be instructed on how to hold a controller; if there is even a 'wrong' way that it can be held by accident; then it's not designed as well as it could be. It should be a natural fit in hands of all sizes, nicely weighted, positive but not too firm tension on the trigger and thumbstick springs, with a button and stick layout that is natural and suits all.

I don't believe the DS3 met those requirements (imo), but the DS4 looks much much improved.

Forum Guru
    Well you must have missed the touch pad. Go figure..

Forum Sage
    What I'd guess the problem there would be that if someone loses their Kinect or breaks it, they don't want you to continue without it. Or sell it. I can see a benefit in that for developers but at the same time, yes this feels like an extra baggage but it has its benefits to the gamers too that would at least be slightly interested in it.

I would be interested in the features but I guess there are some that just don't care for it.
    Oh, I didn't think of that -- that's a good point. It's nice that it's included, it's just done in a way where it doesn't make sense to me. It's still a separate accessory and that to me says that they should give an option without it to those who don't want it.

They must have good plans on how to implement it, the reason why I think they have kept it a requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanehead View Post
    Well you must have missed the touch pad. Go figure..
    He only sees one way. It's the Microsoft way (talking about yungstar.)

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Oh, I didn't think of that -- that's a good point. It's nice that it's included, it's just done in a way where it doesn't make sense to me. It's still a separate accessory and that to me says that they should give an option without it to those who don't want it.

They must have good plans on how to implement it, the reason why I think they have kept it a requirement.

He only sees one way. It's the Microsoft way (talking about yungstar.)
    Well, that all depends on what they will do with it. The requirement definitely suggests that they plan to integrate it really well but how well, is the question. I'm positive it will be better than Sony's integration or their own previously with Kinect but will it really work?

That's the tough question we've all been facing for the past few years about these devices so this is something out of their control but they want to take a shot at it. I'm sure, if it doesn't work out for them (which is highly unlikely as even if they didn't take full advantage, it will still sell really well...lots of Ls) they can always remove the requirement but I feel that they probably will not as this will make them **** ton of money in the end.

So either way we might end up seeing support from developers even if MS didn't do much. I think they have a good shot.

29. Likes sainraja likes this post

Thread Information