Hybrid View

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself

Console controllers discussion

Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Congratulations to Xbox gamers. Regardless of why they did it, at least its done. Goes to show you that they will still make money and not miss a beat.
    Yep, and now everyone needs to ask themselves...

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The Wii U controller is pretty damn cool. Shame the screen is not in HD though. I think the Wii U has the best controller of all the new consoles. I just love all the possibilities it offers.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    The Wii U controller is pretty damn cool. Shame the screen is not in HD though. I think the Wii U has the best controller of all the new consoles. I just love all the possibilities it offers.
    Lethal, of all people man, you should know not to dera...oh $#@! too late!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Lethal, of all people man, you should know not to dera...oh $#@! too late!
    Isn't there are Wii U controller in the first post?

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Isn't there are Wii U controller in the first post?
    I was kidding, this is part of the DRM thread that went away from the topic. Which is why I said, too late as I realize you're on topic now.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    I was kidding, this is part of the DRM thread that went away from the topic. Which is why I said, too late as I realize you're on topic now.
    Ahhhh, hell I am so worn out from work my mind can't tell who is joking or not lol.

Soldier 95B
    I have never seen or played a Wii-U. The controller looks neat, but looks like a gimmick. I see potential. I guess I need to try the latest Mario game on Wii-U to see how it all plays.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    There's just no way I could get used to having analog sticks above the face buttons, hopefully they make one like the Classic Controller Pro down the line.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I am thinking that there are 2 main types of users of controllers in much the same way with using a (gaming) mouse

1. Claw has a sub set of fingertip grip
    2. Palm

The Playstion controllers all the way up to PS3 I would say suit a claw or fingertip grip player, its small, the sticks are close together. If you palm it (place the 2 "handles" in the middle of your palm) then your thumbs touch and fingers ache and causes all manner of problems.

PS4 controllers I will have to wait and see but they do look a little larger especially the "handles" so may suite a palmer more now.
    Last edited by keefy; 06-25-2013 at 19:11.

Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I am thinking that there are 2 main types of users of controllers in much the same way with using a (gaming) mouse

2. Palm

The Playstion controllers all the way up to PS3 I would say suite a claw or fingertip grip player, its small, the sticks are close together. If you palm it (place the 2 "handles" in the middle of your palm) then your thumbs touch and fingers ache and causes all manner of problems.

PS4 controllers I will have to wait and see but they do look a little larger especially the "handles" so may suite a palmer more now.
    lol awesome. I'm going to add to my signature that I'm a Palmer!

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post

2. Palm

The Playstion controllers all the way up to PS3 I would say suite a claw or fingertip grip player, its small, the sticks are close together. If you palm it (place the 2 "handles" in the middle of your palm) then your thumbs touch and fingers ache and causes all manner of problems.

I'm a claw man myself. I claw on my Mamba but with my Orochi i'm forced to use a palm grip because it is so small

Really like that the PS4 pads 'handles' look a bit longer now, that was one of my biggest issues with previous generation controllers.

If i still had child sized hands i'd say the controller for the Gamecube was one of my favourites.
    Last edited by BBK..; 06-25-2013 at 15:13.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    I'm a claw man myself. I claw on my Mamba but with my Orochi i'm forced to use a palm grip because it is so small

Really like that the PS4 pads 'handles' look a bit longer now, that was one of my biggest issues with previous generation controllers.

If i still had child sized hands i'd say the controller for the Gamecube was one of my favourites.
    I am more fingertip, gives a bit extra dexterity than palm (can use fingers to move small amounts) but doesn't ache my fingers like claw does, although thats more due to me breaking my fingers years ago I bet.

Weird, I find smaller mice are better suited to claw/fingertip than larger mice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    lol awesome. I'm going to add to my signature that I'm a Palmer!
    Arnold?
    Last edited by keefy; 06-25-2013 at 19:14.

Forum Overseer

You know what $#@!ing sucks. The only two things that it's showing me are dislike and report...seriously dude, I want to like that post, I want to give you rep but the society won't let me.

Flaw3d Genius
    You know what $#@!ing sucks. The only two things that it's showing me are dislike and report...seriously dude, I want to like that post, I want to give you rep but the society won't let me.
    Liar!!

Forum Overseer

It's true :/

Forum Elder
    never gave it a thought until reading...

The DualShock 4's bright rear-facing light can't be turned off.
    Ever since the Dualshock 4's unveiling a few months back, folks have addressed concern over its bright blue light that emanates from its backside. Some are concerned it will drain the controller's battery life faster, while others are worried about the innate glare it will instill upon the screen. Unfortunately, you won't be able to disable it, Sony has confirmed.

When asked on Twitter if one could turn off the light to conserve battery life, president of Sony Worldwide Studios Shuhei Yoshida simply replied "no."
    The rear-facing light will have specific functionality tied to certain games. For example, the brightness will help PlayStation Eye-enabled games detect the controller, and the light will change colour from green to red to determine your health in Killzone: Shadow Fall.

Of course, since the light is on the back of the controller, you won't be able to see it. Unless it's distractingly reflecting off the screen, that is. And according to this Endgadget footage, it will. I suppose covering it with electric tape is always on option, albiet one that leaves a sticky residue.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-be-turned-off

reflecting off the screen will quickly get very annoying if it can't be turned off. do hope they sort it by the time i get to use it.

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post

reflecting off the screen will quickly get very annoying if it can't be turned off. do hope they sort it by the time i get to use it.
    That sucks you own a tv that reflects, but that really is not a big issue because most tvs do not reflect unless you got glossy frame.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Veteran
    I think there are more TVs out there with a glossy screen then there are with a matte screen.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    I think there are more TVs out there with a glossy screen then there are with a matte screen.
    True but the size of the frame varies and I do not think it will be so bright as to reflect unless you are playing very close.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post

I wish they didn't mandate this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thread Information