Latest PSU headlines:

Master Poster

LTTP| Killzone 2

So I just traded my 360 in for a PS3 and one of the game series I was most looking forward to playing was Killzone because it was my absolute most hyped and loved game of the PS2 days

Im about an hour or so till the end and so far the overall experience has been a big let down for me
    First thing that really stood out was how well the game looked, very cinematic, love the art style from the iconic helghast to the run down slums. The world Guerrilla Games crafted was really well presented. Just absolute gorgeous lighting effects, pretty fluid enemy death animations, all the weapons sounded perfect and punchy without being overly processed like Halo 4.

The only two things that really made this game feel like a flop was the writing and the voice acting. None of those aspects felt polished. I started just rolling my eyes at how many times characters cussed at something...almost every other word. Just way to immature for itself. On top of that the voice acting in general just felt like people off the street reading lines off a sheet of paper, forced emotion, flat execution, just plain bad.
    While the story was an expected generic shooter plot it really came up short compared to other generic shooters. Even if I take it on its own there was no real character building or sense of comradery built up within the squad, no characters the game made me care about. The story also hurt the overall gameplay only lending itself to go here and fight these group of helghast only to direct you to the next big group of helghast. Very little was done to let you explore this world they built and the pace of the game just became a constant barrage of enemy encounters.

With all that said i still look forward to playing through Killzone 3 just for the technical showcase of it all.
    Hopefully Guerrilla grew as developers this gen and Killzone 3 will fix some of the mistakes of 2.

Flaw3d Genius
    I loved the dark gritty graphics of K2, Stunning looking game at the time. As for 3 the controls were far improved but cant remember much about the voice acting or story. Personally i think if K2 had K3 controls 2 would be the better game.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I noticed Killzone 3 got better reception than Killzone 2 so don't give up on the Killzone series just yet!

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I just hated the controls in 2 it was helluva lot better in kz3 but kz2 blows kz3 in a long shot imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    You'll curse Rico...

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    I like K3 better. Give K3 a try.

Master Poster

played through killzone 3, yes it was better in almost every way.
    way better pacing with varied battles from gunning to stealth not just wave after wave like KZ2
    much better voice acting, more of a cast and character building
    better story and better told story
    that energy gun was pretty awesome too.

8. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post

Thread Information