PSN ID
    fLiPdAtwAy

The Last of Us Sequel?

Now that the game is out and there are a lot of conversations going on about this game a ton of spoilercasts on some of the game sites here is the question I would like to know.

Would you want to see a sequel to this game or is this game enough for the conversation and is the experience enough for you to be ok with if they never make another one?

Also, if they make a sequel would you want to continue the story of Joel and Ellie or would you like to have two completely new characters from this world and would you like to see another thought out process of somebody trying to become the saviors of humanity?

I personally wouldn't mind a sequel but I believe the Naughty Dog themselves they wouldn't mind doing another game. But at the end of the day I don't think that I would really want a sequel because I don't think that the story could do something more powerful through a sequel whether they continued Joel and Ellie's story or through someone else's story.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    I guess I might be okay with another game in the universe, but I really hope they leave the story of Joel and Ellie as it is: perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by fLiPdAtwAy View Post
    I personally wouldn't mind a sequel but I believe the Naughty Dog themselves they wouldn't mind doing another game. But at the end of the day I don't think that I would really want a sequel because I don't think that the story could do something more powerful through a sequel whether they continued Joel and Ellie's story or through someone else's story.

This last paragraph pretty much sums up how I feel about it.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Items User name style
    I think prequel will be better! Because there is allot of things we dont know like how Joel became that kind of the person, what hold him and Tess together, why Bill own him, how Fireflies formed, etc. And wanna more open world game

PSN ID
    fLiPdAtwAy
    Quote Originally Posted by FireSol View Post
    I think prequel will be better! Because there is allot of things we dont know like how Joel became that kind of the person, what hold him and Tess together, why Bill own him, how Fireflies formed, etc. And wanna more open world game
    Yeah I'm not so sure though. I wouldn't want them to do anything if it weren't at least as powerful of a story.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    I wouldn't mind a sequel, I just don't want to play as Joel n Ellie. Wouldn't mind crossing their path, just dun want to play as them. I thoroughly enjoyed their story as is.

If none of the dlc is about Ish, I'd would like to see his story play out. As traggic as we know it already is. :'(
    Last edited by faaeng; 06-25-2013 at 10:51.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Editorial Assistant and Podcast Editor
    A lot of prequel info is in the Dark Horse comic so might not be viable for release, I would like the story to move forward and into a sequel but how this could be done to please everyone is going to be tricky.

Follow me on twitter @Skaggypoet

7. Likes faaeng likes this post
    PSN ID
    fLiPdAtwAy
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard616 View Post
    A lot of prequel info is in the Dark Horse comic so might not be viable for release, I would like the story to move forward and into a sequel but how this could be done to please everyone is going to be tricky.
    Also I think it would take away something from the original story

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I see no room for a direct sequal. The closest I can imagine is be a much older Ellie staring a spiritual successor, but they'd probably be better of working on something brand new.

Prequels on the other hand,I can agree, has more of a potential.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Superior Member
    Tough call. A sequel could be made based on the ending. Perhaps it's too soon to discuss. The game is perfect as is. Like someone posted above, a game with two other characters playing at the same event time and cross paths. Even if the paths crossed are strictly visual and no confrontation. Then maybe in the end they run into each other? Who knows.

A story that good can only be told once IMO

Thread Information