Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation

I want to get into racing sim genre, have some questions

I want to get into the racing sim genre, this includes games like Gran Turismo and Forza. I have some questions for racing game fans on PSU.

1. I played Gran Turismo for the PSP and found it hard. I couldn't get some type of license because I couldn't get through the track fast enough in a certain car in certain turns. My question is, is the racing sim genre a hard genre in terms of difficulty?

2. I'm considering getting Gran Turismo 6 or at least playing a demo. Would 6 be a good starter game or should I buy Gran Turismo 5 as well?

3. I like racing sims, in which you buy, customize, and race your cars. I like what I've seen from the earlier Gran Turismo game's career modes, GT2 and GT3. What are other racing sim games that I can play on the PS4 when I get one? You know, the racing sims that may come out in the future for the PS4.

Thank you.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Flaw3d Genius
    1 & 2 - Gran Turismo 5 is incredibly easy due to the slow AI so 5 would be a very good starting point as we all hope 6 the AI will be fixed to give us a proper race.

3 No other confirmed Sims although hopefully they port Project Cars.

Pick up a wheel totally transforms the experience.

3. Likes TidalPhoenix likes this post
    Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    3 No other confirmed Sims although hopefully they port Project Cars.
    [EDIT] Delete all that. Just seen it's deffo coming to PS3. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Flaw3d Genius
    ^^ He wants it on PS4 though! But yeah defo a reason to keep the PS3/360, I think it will wipe the floor with GT & Forza!

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Okay, GT5 before GT6 then.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

The gran turismo games are at the top of my list. you cant go wrong especially with 5 being 19.99. you won't be upset

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    All AI in all Gran turismo games is a piece of cake, its getting all golds in the licenses and challenges that were harder but all it takes is a bit of practice and analysis how you lost the time on each corner. It is not going to happen overnight.
    The licenses and challenges are there to build up your racing knowledge and improve your skills.

I had way more fun doing time trials in free run and racing against friends than any of the AI or challenges.
    Last edited by keefy; 06-25-2013 at 21:36.

Elite Guru
    A racing sim is best played with a decent steering wheel. It adds to the experience ten-fold.

Master Guru
    Gran Turismo 5 is the pinnacle of racing simulation. You can't go wrong with it.

play against real people. playing against AI is like playing paint ball and no one shoots you because youre scared. AI is programmed to let players win eventually like most racing game using rubberband AI.

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by QwoshOfTheOz View Post
    play against real people. playing against AI is like playing paint ball and no one shoots you because youre scared. AI is programmed to let players win eventually like most racing game using rubberband AI.
    Not quite true, If GT5 had old school rubberband AI it would improve the game dramatically!

Thread Information