Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Microsoft Exec: Crackdown Isn't Dead

Speaking to IGN at E3, Microsoft Game Studios vice president Phil Spencer addressed the absence of cult-favorite franchise Crackdown at both its May 21 Xbox One reveal event and at the company’s E3 press briefing.
    “Oh… Crackdown is one of my favorite games, and not just because it’s a Microsoft first-party game,” he told IGN. “I have a lot of love for that franchise. The homage to Crackdown in the [May 21 event] reveal screenshots was… I know there was some, like, ‘Did we accidentally sneak that…?’ It wasn’t accidental. Definitely.”

When pressed if the nod was just an Easter egg, Spencer did nothing to extinguish fan hope that the series may return on Xbox One. “No, I don’t think Crackdown is dead at all,” he said. “It’s a franchise that’s still close to me. I think there’s a lot of room, especially… For me, the natural progression for a game like Crackdown – and you see this showing up on our stage – is in these living, open worlds that live in the cloud.”

As for the even more surprising omission of a new Kinect Sports game at E3 – Kinect Sports Rivals was announced but not shown on stage or behind closed doors despite the series being one of the only multimillion-sellers on Kinect – Spencer downplayed the snub: “It was more of just a time constraint [at the Microsoft E3 press briefing],” he explained. “There were other things we didn’t put on [as well]. The game is in good shape from a development standpoint. People will get to play it before the game launches. They’ll see it in all of its glory. It’s really nothing more than time management.”

We expect to get a chance to see and play Kinect Sports Rivals – and thus get our real first taste of how the new Kinect sensor handles games – no later than the Gamescom conference in August.
    Never played the second but the first was quite fun!

Flaw3d Genius
    It should be dead, Money would be better spent elsewhere!

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items Vita
    Cant help but agree with Flaw3d, got the first one and it was so damned boring, same stuff over and over again, urgh!
    There once was a man named Sidney, he used to collect shells on the beach. everything was going well for him. untill he stopped and took a look, he had a glance and a stare and realised he what he was reading.
    It was a forum signature full of nonsense

Super Elite
    I liked the first one, id be interested in what they could do for the new generation.
    Probably have to get a new developer and take it in a different direction in a new city.

Master Guru
    Give me Crackdown 3 and i'm good.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstoph View Post
    Cant help but agree with Flaw3d, got the first one and it was so damned boring, same stuff over and over again, urgh!
    And the second one was even worse.

Extreme Poster
    next-gen is a whole new ball game. any sequel at this point would be interesting to get.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items Vita
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    And the second one was even worse.
    How!? How can it get WORSE!?

Jeez i saw some of the devs at a small game expo in London once and he was all like "Our hit game Crackdown! Crackdown! hey everyone loves Crackdown!", so hard not to just say "It only sold well due to the Halo 3 Beta..."
    There once was a man named Sidney, he used to collect shells on the beach. everything was going well for him. untill he stopped and took a look, he had a glance and a stare and realised he what he was reading.
    It was a forum signature full of nonsense

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstoph View Post
    How!? How can it get WORSE!?

Jeez i saw some of the devs at a small game expo in London once and he was all like "Our hit game Crackdown! Crackdown! hey everyone loves Crackdown!", so hard not to just say "It only sold well due to the Halo 3 Beta..."
    Crackdown has a fan base, just because you didn't like it doesn't mean others aren't interested in another one.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    InkedOne78
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    I enjoyed the first one. Would love to see one on the Xbox One.

Soldier 95B
    Crackdown is awesome. God I can't get enough of those orbs. I hope we get Crackdown 3 for sure.

Supreme Veteran
    I think if the developers are allocated more time for it and not rushed as they were by MS for Crackdown 2 then it might be a solid game for those actually buying an X1.
    Main PC: INTEL CORE i7 4930k | ASUS P9X79-PRO | 16GB G-SKILL 2400MHz RAM | GTX 780 3GB PHANTOM GLH EDITION | SAMSUNG 840 PRO 256GB | 2 X 1TB WD RE4 | 2TB WD GREEN | SILVERSTONE STRIDER 1200W GOLD | HAF-X w/ DEMCI FLEX FILTERS | SWIFTECH H320 AIO | WINDOWS 8.1 PRO w/ MEDIA CENTER x64.

Forum Elder
    We're holding out for Crackdown 3.
    I'm going to bite my tongue.

We still believe!

I do too. I do too.
    xbox-one-exclusives-phil-spencer-talks-assembling-microsofts-biggest-line-up-ever

Supreme Veteran

Thread Information