Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    They look built will, I'm mostly just worked about the change of the size for the DS. I've been gaming on that controller since 97 and haven't had a complaint with it. I'm just hoping the transition will be easy. I like the changes they made but I'm worried the size is going to take a lot of getting used to.
    I will put money on 2 weeks with DS4 you'l wonder how you managed to put up with the DS3 for so long! Trust me this new pad will destroy the DS3!

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    They both look good to me. I really like the DS4 improvements

​aka Sparc

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    They look built will, I'm mostly just worked about the change of the size for the DS. I've been gaming on that controller since 97 and haven't had a complaint with it. I'm just hoping the transition will be easy. I like the changes they made but I'm worried the size is going to take a lot of getting used to.
    The size isn't much bigger than the DS3...I think this picture doesn't really give you a good size comparison of what to expect. Where I have had no issue with every ps pad since one, this DS looks incredibly comfortable. But check out some vids, they compare the size of 3 and 4, and the DS4 isn't as big as you may think. I think after the first week everyone will love the design.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    In my honest opinion they've both stepped backwards from their predecessors.
    They have improved DS in every possible way.

Although I'm afraid the touchpad can't take the abuse that my DS3 does from my son every day.

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    The size isn't much bigger than the DS3...I think this picture doesn't really give you a good size comparison of what to expect. Where I have had no issue with every ps pad since one, this DS looks incredibly comfortable. But check out some vids, they compare the size of 3 and 4, and the DS4 isn't as big as you may think. I think after the first week everyone will love the design.
    This pic is perfect to show the difference between DS3 and 4

6. Likes Sir_Scud likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Oh it definitely looks comfortable. I know I will get used to it. It just going to be strange not plain on the standard DS design. I eventually got used to playing on a 360 pad. It took a while though and I still don't like it never have. I'm just worried this might suffer the same fate but this is the same layout so the transition should be fine. I think that offset is what never got me comfortable with the 360 controller. Fortunately Sony didn't change the design to that.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by fLiPdAtwAy View Post
    crikies, that Sony pad looks nice. perhaps Sony have finally made a pad i'll be able to use comfortably.
    now they just need to make sure that the triggers get used in games rather than the bumpers.

Extreme Poster
    Triggers seem interesting...seems like they'd be better. I thought it was much larger...doesn't seem that way from the pic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    crikies, that Sony pad looks nice. perhaps Sony have finally made a pad i'll be able to use comfortably.
    now they just need to make sure that the triggers get used in games rather than the bumpers.
    I think that's up to the developers to decide if they will use the triggers. But if they feel the triggers are better, I can see them making them as default more often.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Triggers seem interesting...seems like they'd be better. I thought it was much larger...doesn't seem that way from the pic.
    I think that's up to the developers to decide if they will use the triggers. But if they feel the triggers are better, I can see them making them as default more often.
    I'm glad they went with the triggers. That was the one thing I did love about the 360 controller.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    $#@! that, I rather use R1 for shooting. It's a better set up, L1 aim down sight R1 to shoot! Because the controller now has triggers doesn't mean R2 should become the norm...those bumpers work because of the 360 pad setup, it will not feel right on the ps4

At least give us controller button map out options

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    $#@! that, I rather use R1 for shooting. It's a better set up, L1 aim down sight R1 to shoot! Because the controller now has triggers doesn't mean R2 should become the norm...those bumpers work because of the 360 pad setup, it will not feel right on the ps4

Most games give you a set up to change the buttons how you want them. I think what you are saying makes sense though. The bumper buttons on 360 are more of a secondary use type of button. All the shoulder buttons on the DS seem to have a purpose in gameplay besides an interact button of sorts. I know some games use it for more than that but my experience it wasn't used for much. Not to mention they are not as prominent as the DS shoulder buttons.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post

The handle curve on the DS4 looks less extreme than the DS3, this should line your fingers up to the triggers much better. To me it looks like the triggers will be much easier to use!

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    Both Driveclub and Killzone devs have said they are using the triggers, Using triggers on DS3 for aim and shoot was awkward as $#@!...i ended up going back to the bumpers although was fine for GT5 for brake n gas...odd.
    Last edited by Flaw3d Genius; 06-26-2013 at 19:41.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Both Driveclub and Killzone devs have said they are using the triggers, Using triggers on DS3 for aim and shoot was awkward as $#@!...i ended up going back to the bumpers although was fine for GT5 for brake n gas...odd.
    wow wtf I'm actually going to agree with you lol. yea, i didn't like the triggers, i don't like triggers at all in any shape or form. the 360 triggers are definitely better and DS4 is looking like it will be similar so now they will be tolerable to me.

triggers just don't have the quickness that the buttons do when it comes to competitive shooters. in some ways it was easier to aim with the triggers but overall it's just not worth it.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I had triggers on my ds3

ps3 real triggers...I think that's what they are called
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    I held both controllers at E3. The Xbox One pad definitely felt bigger--just a little too big for my preference, in the same way that the Dualshock 3 was just a little too small. The DS4, on the other hand, felt like an absolute dream. I can't emphasize enough how comfortable the handles were, how smooth the new L2 / R2 feel (with improved grip to boot), and how noticeably easier the analog sticks are to move without your thumbs slipping by fractions of inches.

One side note about the Xbox One pad--that jagged texture around the analog sticks is definitely an issue for me. Not obnoxious by any means, but it seems like they made the diameter of the concave portion smaller to give that beveled edge more room. They were harder to keep my thumbs on than the DS4 and 360 controller.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleOnTheRun View Post
    I held both controllers at E3. The Xbox One pad definitely felt bigger--just a little too big for my preference, in the same way that the Dualshock 3 was just a little too small. The DS4, on the other hand, felt like an absolute dream. I can't emphasize enough how comfortable the handles were, how smooth the new L2 / R2 feel (with improved grip to boot), and how noticeably easier the analog sticks are to move without your thumbs slipping by fractions of inches.

One side note about the Xbox One pad--that jagged texture around the analog sticks is definitely an issue for me. Not obnoxious by any means, but it seems like they made the diameter of the concave portion smaller to give that beveled edge more room. They were harder to keep my thumbs on than the DS4 and 360 controller.
    That's great to hear (about the DS4).
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    This pic is perfect to show the difference between DS3 and 4

Nice, now that's a good pic. And yeah freak, it's going to be an adjustment since this is the most radical design change for a dualshock, but I honestly can't wait to get my hands on it.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Nice, now that's a good pic. And yeah freak, it's going to be an adjustment since this is the most radical design change for a dualshock, but I honestly can't wait to get my hands on it.
    I'm excited too. It looks like a beauty. The overall design is still there so I guess I should be worried much.

Soldier 95B
    I would make love to that X1 controller. It's improved in every way over the already awesome 360 controller.

22. Likes Omar likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    I would make love to that X1 controller.
    yes you would.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    In my honest opinion they've both stepped backwards from their predecessors.
    I think both seem to improve from their predecessors a lot.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Flaw3d Genius
    I would make love to that X1 controller. It's improved in every way over the already awesome 360 controller.
    Sticky button central.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Is it just me or did they make the bottom of the grips more square like the Original Xbox. For some reason it reminds me of the Dreamcast as far as the grips are concerned They look sharp. Might just be that image.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    I'd still take DS3 over DS4 known DualShock since way back and changing it now I'd rather for the boomerang that got shot down lol.

Thread Information