Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
    Master Sage
    Items User name styleLegend of ZeldaDiablo IIIHeath LedgerJoker (limited ICON)Title Style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Thumbs up Pictures of the Contents of the PS4 Box and of the Bundled Headset Appear

We already know that the box of the PS4 will include the console, the DualShock 4, a HDMI cable, a mono headset, a power cord, an USB cord and the instructions. What we didn’t yet know is how some of those components will look. Today the picture portrayed above has been floating on the internet. Is it the first picture or mock up of what will be inside the coveted PS4 box or a very well made fake?

Interestingly enough the USB cable seems to be a two meter one, at least making a visual comparison with an equivalent one I have at home, while the cable included in the PS3 was only one meter long. This might give some more leeway to those like me that like to play for extended sessions and prefer to have the controller plugged in.

Pushing the picture in question through some rather heavy enlarging on photoshop shows no real evident signs of alteration, but we weren’t able to confirm the validity of the source, so for now we’ll chalk it as a rumor. The headset looks a little cheap, but all in all it looks quite good, doesn’t it?

Update: The picture is confirmed as legit. It appeared on the Amazon UK product listing together with a picture of the headset plugged into the DualShock 4, that you can see below.

Source

Cant wait to try out the new controller.

Once more into the fray.
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day.
    Live and die on this day.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Oh man, it looks EPIC! =D Simple, but totally $#@!ing awesome! Love the design on the headset, and also love how it plugs into the controller!!

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I wish it was November already! Ever since E3 this month has felt like a year in itself.

4. Likes MjW likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Headset looks laughable.

6. Likes $Greatness$ , Omar likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    wow finally you can have the charge thingy at the bottom. it was just a horrible idea to put it at top. very uncomfortable to use the controller while the charger was on. this will make things better!

EDIT: $#@! nvm, that's the headset thing...damnit, put that damn usb at the bottom too!

@Fon lol true but you know what, I LOVE it, why? Keeps the cost down. I already have a really nice wireless headset. I also have an eye toy and PS eye...do i really want another one? No. This will actually be useful. I was actually worried that it was going to be nice and I was going to be disappointed because then I'd feel like I paid a lot of money for it.

This is precisely why the PS4 is cheap. and this is good as it keeps the headset standard.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself

Can't wait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    wow finally you can have the charge thingy at the bottom. it was just a horrible idea to put it at top. very uncomfortable to use the controller while the charger was on. this will make things better!

EDIT: $#@! nvm, that's the headset thing...damnit, put that damn usb at the bottom too!

@Fon lol true but you know what, I LOVE it, why? Keeps the cost down. I already have a really nice wireless headset. I also have an eye toy and PS eye...do i really want another one? No. This will actually be useful. I was actually worried that it was going to be nice and I was going to be disappointed because then I'd feel like I paid a lot of money for it.

This is precisely why the PS4 is cheap. and this is good as it keeps the headset standard.
    Don't fret, the connection on the bottom looks to apparently charge the controller as well! Notice how it is docked in the official Sony Dualshock 4 Charge Station!

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/sony-show...ation-6410014/

Last edited by MonkeyClaw; 06-26-2013 at 21:32.

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

9. Likes Omar likes this post
    Apprentice
    The things I would put in that PS4...MMMMM

Sent from my Nexus 4

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    Headset looks laughable.
    i'd rather have this headset, over those really gay headsets you get with the xbox 360. you look like a retard with one of those.

besides, you can't ask for more considering that it's basically free.

12. Likes MjW likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post
    i'd rather have this headset, over those really gay headsets you get with the xbox 360. you look like a retard with one of those.

Not to mention the face the one for the PS4 is non-proprietary, so we will be able to choose from many 3rd party headsets and they will work!

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by KungMartin90 View Post

The Xbox360 headset, while it's a bit uncomfortable, is more convenient to use actually. This one only plugs on one ear and you have to constantly have that mic box pressed next to you in order to effectively use it. But eh, if this keeps the price down then so be it. Hopefully my headset will work on the Playstation 4 also.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I am just glad it will come with something...at least this way it gives everybody the opportunity to try it or at least have something to start off with without having to drop any more money. I am curious though to see if the controllers by themselves comes with additional headsets...I have an extra controller pre-ordered with my system so hopefully it will come with an additional headset.
    Last edited by MonkeyClaw; 06-26-2013 at 21:54.

16. Likes Omar, KungMartin90 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    In no way this is a competitive headset but it looks pretty neat. I'm also glad that they're putting it in, even if it's simple.

The idea is that everyone has a starter headset and that is a good idea as everyone should be able to communicate. I can certainly use this as a backup, in fact, it's perfect for me as sometimes I just don't wanna put on the big headset. I could just plug this in quickly and chat if I need to.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KungenMartiin
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I am just glad it will come with something...at least this way it gives everybody the opportunity to try it or at least have something to start off with without having to drop any more money.
    you said it!

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I am just glad it will come with something...at least this way it gives everybody the opportunity to try it or at least have something to start off with without having to drop any more money. I am curious though to see if the controllers by themselves comes with additional headsets...I have an extra controller pre-ordered with my system so hopefully it will come with an additional headset.
    extra headset...that would make sense! interesting. it would be cheap to add that.

Flaw3d Genius
    Are we getting a proper headset on release? Not liking the look of the bundled one.

edit: Infact will my official 360 wireless one that i use for both 360 & PS3 work on it?

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Are we getting a proper headset on release? Not liking the look of the bundled one.
    If you mean that you want to buy a separate one then they have two already. On top of the headsets that are bluetooth, they have wireless headphones with the mic and everything. also you can buy various other brands.

if you mean, free with the PS4, i wouldn't expect anything decent with a $399 price, they have to cut down somewhere. for me, it's perfect.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Very sexay!!!!! Sony take my monies plzzzz!

23. Likes MjW likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself

edit: Infact will my official 360 wireless one that i use for both 360 & PS3 work on it?
    I am sure the one that comes with the PS4 will be pretty cheap, but it will probably be great for starter headset. It is nice that the controller is compatible with all the 3rd party headsets that use the 3.5mm jack though!

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    If you mean that you want to buy a separate one then they have two already. On top of the headsets that are bluetooth, they have wireless headphones with the mic and everything. also you can buy various other brands.

if you mean, free with the PS4, i wouldn't expect anything decent with a $399 price, they have to cut down somewhere. for me, it's perfect.
    Nah dont mean free, I mean buy a proper one on release? I actually edited my post also...

Infact will my official 360 wireless one that i use for both 360 & PS3 work on it? ie; Standard Bluetooth again?

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyclaw View Post

can't wait!!!

Don't fret, the connection on the bottom looks to apparently charge the controller as well! Notice how it is docked in the official sony dualshock 4 charge station!

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/sony-show...ation-6410014/

yessss i missed this post but yes!!!

Nah dont mean free, I mean buy a proper one on release? I actually edited my post also...

Infact will my official 360 wireless one that i use for both 360 & PS3 work on it? ie; Standard Bluetooth again?
    wireless worked on ps3 but with an adapter. you should be able to use the 360 one unless it has some sort of a block. as for an official one, since this stuff doesn't change much, i wouldn't expect like a PS4 one...but look up sony wireless headset pulse edition or something like that. that's good and official.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Looks awesome!

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    Headset looks laughable.
    Indeed, but I guess the included headset is more for communication with others than actually producing in-game sounds.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    I applaud both manufacturers for ditching composite. If you don't have an HDTV by now you shouldn't be getting a next gen console. And yeah yeah, capture cards etc, but the tech will adapt.

Also please please let the charging cable be 2m long. The length of the PS3 one is my biggest issue with the whole system

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    That looks so sexy. I want to take that bundle to the back room!

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

31. Likes MjW likes this post
    Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Yay! It comes with a HDMI cable this time!

Each time I see that controller I love it more and more. One of the single biggest improvements they've made this time round in my book.

The ear bud thing looks $#@!. I'll be replacing that immediately with bluetooth or just something more comfortable (I hate buds). BUT at least they provide you with a headset - more than that other lot are doing.

​aka Sparc

Thread Information