Thread: Ouya

Apprentice

Ouya

Alright guys, thought I'd start a topic since no one else has. How many people picked up an Ouya? I know I got mine on launch 25 June. To be honest with you, it's a very fun system.

To all you people thinking about getting one, know what you're getting. This is not a 360/PS3 competitor, it's an indie machine that goes for fun over graphics.

I love that you can try before you buy on all the titles and some of he titles are great. Please note that I've not got an android phone and haven't played these games on iOS either.

Canabalt HD
    Vector
    Fist of Awesome
    Shadowgun
    Zombie Outbreak
    Polarity
    Ice Rage
    Stupid Zombies 2

These are some of the titles I own, and quite frankly I love turning the system on for say maybe an hour a day and just play some fun addicting games

Feel Free to Add Me on PSN

2. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Superior Member
    I was intrigued by this when it appeared on kickstarter.

I backed so should have received mine by now (in fact over a month ago), but I haven't and according to DHL it was delivered at 05:12am on 18th June, two things wrong with that, no courier would deliver that early and secondly there is no name for who signed for it.

There's a lot of people who haven't received their guaranteed before launch backer units...still when DHL is used as a courier what do they expect.

I've contacted their support team, but they just keep fobbing me off with different tracking links to try and I even gave our local DHL International depot a call and they don't recognise any of the tracking numbers.

The thing is I want one, but don't want to just go and order a new one off of Amazon, I want my backer unit!!

Not happy at the moment.

The Mega Man
    I planned on getting one of those RetroN systems but think I'll get the Ouya instead. It would be way cheaper to play the games on a emulator then to track down the actual cartridges. Plus the Ouya will have it's own games. I'm skeptical on the controllers though. I haven't gotten around to ordering one online but if I come across one in a store I'll impulse buy the hell out of it. lol

I find it strange that gamestop.com has them but here in Canada ebgames.ca doesn't even list Ouya on the site.

~d

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daevv View Post
    I planned on getting one of those RetroN systems but think I'll get the Ouya instead. It would be way cheaper to play the games on a emulator then to track down the actual cartridges. Plus the Ouya will have it's own games. I'm skeptical on the controllers though. I haven't gotten around to ordering one online but if I come across one in a store I'll impulse buy the hell out of it. lol

I find it strange that gamestop.com has them but here in Canada ebgames.ca doesn't even list Ouya on the site.

~d
    If you've got money to burn, get the OUYA, but, Matcatz MOJO now looks like a much more promising machine coming out a bit later.
    Tegra 4 with mad catz quality controllers and it's vanilla android and sync's games with your tablet and phones on google play! ?! I have an OUYA limited edition though NIB if you wanna buy it.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhindi_Bhajji View Post
    I was intrigued by this when it appeared on kickstarter.

I backed so should have received mine by now (in fact over a month ago), but I haven't and according to DHL it was delivered at 05:12am on 18th June, two things wrong with that, no courier would deliver that early and secondly there is no name for who signed for it.

There's a lot of people who haven't received their guaranteed before launch backer units...still when DHL is used as a courier what do they expect.

I've contacted their support team, but they just keep fobbing me off with different tracking links to try and I even gave our local DHL International depot a call and they don't recognise any of the tracking numbers.

The thing is I want one, but don't want to just go and order a new one off of Amazon, I want my backer unit!!

Not happy at the moment.
    You need to contact them. Did you check your kickstarter email, they have had massive problems. Remember that deuce chinese box handler they showed viral on google? yeah, those were probably our boxes, rofl.

Dedicated Member

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I pre-ordered mine back in January...still waiting for that damn thing to arrive...$#@!ing Ouya...

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Soldier 95B
    This thread just saved me $100.00. I saw them at Best Buy this week. I thought it was a PS3/360 competitor and almost bought one. That is a steal. But, it does not have the games that interest me.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items Vita
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    This thread just saved me $100.00. I saw them at Best Buy this week. I thought it was a PS3/360 competitor and almost bought one. That is a steal. But, it does not have the games that interest me.
    Lol, that message can easily be applied to the WiiU :-p and i totaly agree, i dont like Android games as a whole, i brought a Vita for playing games on the go. even less a chance id want to play them upscaled on a TV
    There once was a man named Sidney, he used to collect shells on the beach. everything was going well for him. untill he stopped and took a look, he had a glance and a stare and realised he what he was reading.
    It was a forum signature full of nonsense

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I was going to pick one up the other week... But backed out off it and i regret that now
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I finally got mine last week, not too bad...the controller they put with it kind of sucks so I have synced one of my PS3 controllers to it which work way better (it is easy to sync too)! The SNES emulator works pretty well, but some games have audio glitching. No Brakes Valet is a very simple yet fun game too, especially in two player mode!

Soldier 95B
    For some reason, I was thinking this was supposed to be that Steam Box

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    For some reason, I was thinking this was supposed to be that Steam Box
    Nope, two completely different things, the Ouya is just basic the power of a Android tablet in a square the size of a rubik's cube. It does make for a really nice system to play emulator games though! Can't wait for someone to make a MAME app for it!

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Latest MAME collection is 40+GB with around 20,000 games aRGH!.

Most do not work properly though.

Its for kids right?

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wilkinson View Post
    Its for kids right?
    It's for everyone, I mainly use it to play emulated games (NES, SNES, C64, etc.) on my HDTV using a PS3 controller!

Thread Information