Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 ... LastLast
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainZ View Post
    or mostly likely around 6 months after X1/PC release.
    Well first they have announce it for ps4...lol There is no way it will release six months after the other two versions. That would mean the game is being developed right now for ps4.

CaptainZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Well first they have announce it for ps4...lol There is no way it will release six months after the other two versions. That would mean the game is being developed right now for ps4.
    Nope. They are just porting. Not like they are making games from scratch.

This is the nature of bought out timed exclusive. I wonder what will happen to Dead Rising 3.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Are you so sure they're not working on it right now? It really just seems like ms is paying them to keep quiet on ps4.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainZ View Post
    Nope. They are just porting. Not like they are making games from scratch.

This is the nature of bought out timed exclusive. I wonder what will happen to Dead Rising 3.
    Even if it is a port you still need the manpower to do it. They don't have it. Dead Rising 3 is published by MS.

Quote Originally Posted by on the rocks View Post
    Are you so sure they're not working on it right now? It really just seems like ms is paying them to keep quiet on ps4.
    Even if they were it probably wouldn't be released 6 months later.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 08-25-2013 at 01:31.

Apprentice
    This game does not intrest me at all since it is an online only game and a fps.... It should atleast be cheaper than a full retail game, right ?

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Well, the way I look at it EA has to be naive to not consider bringing this to the PS4. They will lose out on a lot of $ if they do not; Especially since they have been going through several lawsuits and restructuring, the extra money would help.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    While I really don't give a crap about Titanfall, I will say that Microsoft must have covered the potential sales that the Ps4 would have gotten in order to keep this exclusive OR Respawn and/or EA are really this stupid.

8. Likes Saigon, JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Dat Guy
    Items Protect yourselfNew User TitleTitle Style
    Even if it is a port you still need the manpower to do it. They don't have it. Dead Rising 3 is published by MS.

Dead Rising 3 might be, but if they change the title they can get away with it, same thing ninja theory did with the Ninja Gaiden titles till recently, MS owned rights to Ninja Gaiden 2, but didn't own the rights to Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Even if it is published by MS if they add the DLC+ change the title to off the chain like the previous DR, then nothing stopping a PS4 release

I bet we will get both titanfall and DR3 by end of 2014

Thank you itachi

CaptainZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Chille View Post
    Dead Rising 3 might be, but if they change the title they can get away with it, same thing ninja theory did with the Ninja Gaiden titles till recently, MS owned rights to Ninja Gaiden 2, but didn't own the rights to Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Even if it is published by MS if they add the DLC+ change the title to off the chain like the previous DR, then nothing stopping a PS4 release

I bet we will get both titanfall and DR3 by end of 2014
    End of 2014 sounds good. Also, it always come as package edition with all the DLC plus exclusive bonus content and etc for same or cheaper price.

Not to mention all the bugs worked out.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    here's what I don't get. When a company like MS buys timed exclusivity from a game, how much do they fork over for that, do companies like EA want MS to cover what the Potential sales would be for that game if it were to launch on the PS4?

Ultimate Veteran
    I think the missing link to all of this is that Sony needs to get their cloud up and running so that the games can run similarly on PSN as it does with PC and XBL. Once Sony has infrastructure in place (and they are working with NASA and Rackspace) then they can probably go title for title with the XBox. It's plausible that EA, the developers and even Sony can't talk about when Titanfall is coming to PS4 simply because they are not ready for it and don't have a timeline to do so, either.

13. Likes Saigon likes this post
    PSU Media Manager
    PSN ID
    King_Dank_Kush
    Unless a title is 1st party, it would be hard to think there will be many "exclusives" this next generation. Development costs are probably too high to ignore releasing on both platforms (possibly other platforms like Shield and Steambox too).
    Best PS3 Website - PSU.com / CollegeOwlz - Sign up now - College Notes, College Textbooks, and Events.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Yeah the days of permanent 3rd party exclusives are long gone unless publishing is done by the console owner...then it's just a matter of changing names, like Demons>Dark Souls.

16. Likes Saigon likes this post
    CaptainZ
    Ninja Gaiden was published by MS. Most important fact is do they own the IP or not. If MS don't own the IP, it still can be ported to PS4.

If game flops, no one will bother. If game is successful and they think it will sell on PS4, expect a port.

It could easily. You would have nothing to rule out 6 months. It depends on the contract. Again, MS do not own the IP.

This is really not that hard to understand. This happened last gen.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XtraTrstrL

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    lol and the plot thickens.

i give it 6 months max. how long was minecraft exclusive to the 360? i give titanfall the same time....to be reveal E3 2014

Dedicated Member
    Seriously guys I really can't see what all the fuss is about, I doesn't look all that interesting..... but then again I've never been a big fan of first person

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost

Dedicated Member
    I dont see how people think games that are xbox exclusive will come to ps4... but no ps4/ps3 exclusive games will come to the new xbox.

Ex. last of us, killzone,resistance, ect.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    nordost
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldierboy View Post
    I dont see how people think games that are xbox exclusive will come to ps4... but no ps4/ps3 exclusive games will come to the new xbox.

the last of us and killzone are first party no way could they go to another console. Titanfall is by a third party. Huge difference.

24. Likes Saigon likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style

lol your examples are first party IP's!

this situation will be like mass effect but the exclusivity will not be for more than 6 months!

26. Likes Saigon likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog

No sure if serious???
    Many third party games that were supposedly xb exclusive made their way to PS3 (Bioshock) Just like some third party PS3 exclusives made their way to the 360 (FFXIII) but in your exemples you are mostly naming first party games (dev OWNED BY SONY) or where SONY owns the IP (resistance) those games will NEVER go to the xbox.

MS are really really good at putting a "only on xbox" sticker where they dont belong knowing fully they were only TIMED exclusive. iirc, Sony has 2-3 titles that were deemed "exclusive to PS3" but made it to the other system. I think i will reasearch all titles when I have more time. Do a little "exclusive" non-exclusive VS thread.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

28. Likes Saigon likes this post
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
    Don't you dare degrade Eminem to "bro fist marketing".

He's a legend that just happens to like CoD.

I don't think he likes CoD as much as he and his team see the advertising potential in working with CoD--one, THEY pay HIM to associate himself with it, and he gets to spread his presence across the millions of people playing the title.

Haven't you noticed any time he has a new album on the horizon that he just happens to be mentioned in articles, films, and other crap that have nothing to do with him? And that he (in most cases) recieves the dosh for doing so? It's like free advertisement. S'coo.

30. Likes Omar likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcedme View Post
    Titanfall looks unique, fantastic, and fun; anyone saying otherwise is pissy that it isn't (yet) on PS4.

God damn, folks, just be happy that people going Xbox next gen have a fun shooter. We have Shadowfall, they have Titanfall, everybody wins--and if we ALSO get Titanfall, then hell yeah, we win some more.

I'm sure quite a few folk would be singing a different tune if this game had been confirmed multi-plat. "Not worth the hype" my ass. The game has fun written all over it.
    Not really. That first statement is bothersome though.

There are games coming to the PS4 which I'm not interested in due to certain features (or lack thereof) which I like (single player campaign, offline play, and a not overt-focus on MP) - which TitanFall is.

So games like Destiny, and the Division (sadly) are off my radar due to them not having a campaign and/or offline play. Same with the exclusive WarFrame.

About the only thing "MMO/F2P/Online" type of game I'm liking is WarThunder, but mainly due to it being plane/aircraft based (Big Ace Combat fan) and its customisation features. I'm certainly not knocking the other games I mentioned above, it's just they don't appeal to me.

Please try not to aggressively brush people's opinions off so quickly next time.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Not really. That first statement is bothersome though.

There are games coming to the PS4 which I'm not interested in due to certain features (or lack thereof) which I like (single player campaign, offline play, and a not overt-focus on MP) - which TitanFall is.

So games like Destiny, and the Division (sadly) are off my radar due to them not having a campaign and/or offline play. Same with the exclusive WarFrame.

About the only thing "MMO/F2P/Online" type of game I'm liking is WarThunder, but mainly due to it being plane/aircraft based (Big Ace Combat fan) and its customisation features. I'm certainly not knocking the other games I mentioned above, it's just they don't appeal to me.

Please try not to aggressively brush people's opinions off so quickly next time.
    I'd say to keep them on your radar. Despite needing to be online, they'll play practically the same as single player games, it's just there will be other people around, but they're both pve (I think, Destiny is at least). I went through all of defiance just fine playing on my own :'(

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Thread Information