Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Not really. That first statement is bothersome though.

There are games coming to the PS4 which I'm not interested in due to certain features (or lack thereof) which I like (single player campaign, offline play, and a not overt-focus on MP) - which TitanFall is.

So games like Destiny, and the Division (sadly) are off my radar due to them not having a campaign and/or offline play. Same with the exclusive WarFrame.

About the only thing "MMO/F2P/Online" type of game I'm liking is WarThunder, but mainly due to it being plane/aircraft based (Big Ace Combat fan) and its customisation features. I'm certainly not knocking the other games I mentioned above, it's just they don't appeal to me.

Please try not to aggressively brush people's opinions off so quickly next time.

I understand where you're coming from, and I do apologize. I was a lot more brash in that post than I intended. My mistake, and apologies to anyone else who might have been offended.

I had no idea that Titanfall was online-only, however; that turns my own interest down a notch.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    I'd say to keep them on your radar. Despite needing to be online, they'll play practically the same as single player games, it's just there will be other people around, but they're both pve (I think, Destiny is at least). I went through all of defiance just fine playing on my own :'(
    Whichever one lets me play without needing a conection, I'll do it.

But COD, and certain stretches of BF have soured me on playing with other people. Where It's "oh look teh more frags" and it just becomes a fragfest rather than be about objectives. Yes, my experiences were that bad/not fun where I asked "Why am I even wasting time online when I can get immersed in Skyrim/other open world or play a new game I haven't played or play a classic over again."

I really wish there was some sort of filter or mod/admin overwatch (like they do on some PC games servers) where if you're not playing to the map/game type, then you get booted.

But yeah, I don't like playing with other people/strangers because they can be right $#@!heads (yes, I hate people ). And trying to set up a time where people I know are available (or even playing with those on here - with differing timezones) to have a gaming session can be cumbersome.

Quote Originally Posted by Forcedme View Post
    I understand where you're coming from, and I do apologize. I was a lot more brash in that post than I intended. My mistake, and apologies to anyone else who might have been offended.

I had no idea that Titanfall was online-only, however; that turns my own interest down a notch.

Fair enough.

I didn't have a problem with you, more so that way of thinking we so much in gaming these days.

I didn't mean to sound like I was telling you off!
    Last edited by Admartian; 08-26-2013 at 23:40.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    pacpunk
    I would be amazed if Titanfall didn't come to the PlayStation 4 at some point. It seems out of EA's character to make exclusives.
    Contributing Writer @ PSU | Amateur Games Journalist | Internet Media Guy

Tumblr Blogs: Josh Likes Games | Coffee and Controllers | Follow me on Twitter
    Spooky Mobley's Conspiracy Corner | Pixel Power Art

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    @Admartian thats mainly why I dont play online that much. Its the "$#@!head" factor. Some games I play online because they have a good community but so many of them have some real tools on there. lol

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    @Admartian thats mainly why I dont play online that much. Its the "$#@!head" factor. Some games I play online because they have a good community but so many of them have some real tools on there. lol
    about to say something but i don't want to get an infraction. don't be a wuss puss. online is amazing.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    about to say something but i don't want to get an infraction. don't be a wuss puss. online is amazing.
    Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    pacpunk
    Quote Originally Posted by Don33ald View Post
    Geoff Keighley has really been pushing this gen.
    Isn't that part of his job?
    Contributing Writer @ PSU | Amateur Games Journalist | Internet Media Guy

Tumblr Blogs: Josh Likes Games | Coffee and Controllers | Follow me on Twitter
    Spooky Mobley's Conspiracy Corner | Pixel Power Art

PSN ID
    Lightbulb_Soup
    As others have said It would be a surprise if Titanfall didn't appear on PS4. I really hope so as it looks brilliant IMO.

I might be wrong here but Respawn split from Infinity Ward acrimoniously and won't exactly stick it to their cross-platform COD buddies by excluding PS4.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by Du$t View Post

I might be wrong here but Respawn split from Infinity Ward acrimoniously and won't exactly stick it to their cross-platform COD buddies by excluding PS4.
    Basically.... activision fired the two heads and then a mass exodus of infinity wards best people.

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Ultimate Veteran
    EA hints at Titanfall on PlayStation 4

Wednesday 28 Aug 2013 9:35 am
    Use ← → keys to
    23 comments

Titanfall – how long will it remain only on Xbox? A slip of the tongue by EA boss Frank Gibeau may have given away that Titanfall is only a timed exclusive, as rumours increase of a PS4 version.
    On the face of it the big story here, in this interview with Frank Gibeau at CVG, is that EA intend to turn Titanfall and Star Wars: Battlefront into regular franchises, in what is implied to be a three-year cycle:
    ‘The shooter rotation we think about now is Battlefield, Titanfall and Battlefront, and so we like those three brands going forward,’ said Gibeau.
    ‘We’re working out how we’re going to line that up because that’s what you’ll see from us.’
    Quite interesting, but there’s something that doesn’t quite make sense: if it’s Battlefield one year, then Titanfall, then Battlefront, how does that make sense if Titanfall is an Xbox and PC exclusive?
    Either Gibeau has let slip the fact that Titanfall is only a timed exclusive or EA is planning to have one year in every three where they don’t release any major shooter at Christmas on the PlayStation 4.
    And we don’t think you need us to tell you which of those two eventualities is the more likely.
    It’s long been assumed that Titanfall is only a timed exclusive, but there’s never been much hard evidence to go on. Although the video below is interesting because if you pause it at the 2:34 mark you can clearly see a DualShock controller and a curiously blurred out console.
    It’s not even part of the video but a still photograph, which means it was purposefully chosen. But if it was surely Game Informer and developer Respawn could have found an image that didn’t have something that needed blurring out? Was it actually meant as a secret hint?
    The video was also posted just a few days after the PlayStation 4 console was unveiled, making it seem even more likely that that’s what was being blurred out.
    It’s still just conjecture, but until there’s an alternative explanation for what Gibeau was talking about we find it very hard to believe that Titanfall won’t appear on PlayStation 4 at some point.
    Thoughts? Email gamecentral@ukmetro.co.uk or leave a comment below

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/28/ea-hin...ion-4-3940031/

I just love bumping this thread with even more evidence that this is happening like I originally posted while some people cried to have the thread title changed.
    Last edited by Lefein; 09-04-2013 at 14:51.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    EA the publisher is at the helm (can't believe I'm happy about such given the past) but so MS only bout time exclusivity. Shame these shenanigans have to take us into the next gen but as long as I get to enjoy this game where I please I'll be happy. Otherwise it'll be a long ways off, for this one.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Just throw wall running and double jumping into any FPS and you've got an awesome game.
    IMO that's what's making this game so damn fun, is the constant movement and freedom to move about.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    Just throw wall running and double jumping into any FPS and you've got an awesome game.
    IMO that's what's making this game so damn fun, is the constant movement and freedom to move about.
    Bingo.
    http://www.warsow.net

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefein View Post
    [/I]

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/28/ea-hin...ion-4-3940031/

I just love bumping this thread with even more evidence that this is happening like I originally posted while some people cried to have the thread title changed.
    And once again you are making up $#@! as usual....lol Where is that evidence that only you can see?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    And once again you are making up $#@! as usual....lol Where is that evidence that only you can see?
    its speculation and conjecture, but IF anyone truly believes that titanfall will stay exclusive is in for a rude awakening.
    After all that "Mass Effect will never come to ps3" (microsoft owned the publishing rights) nothing will remain exclusive when it comes to third party

When something like Kingdom Hearts III, an inherently playstation install base driven series is coming to X1 without its predecessors ever being on the MS ecosystem, how can a brotastic shooter from EA remain exclusive? All I'm saying is I feel 90% chance titanfall gets annonced for ps4 next year
    Last edited by Itachi; 09-04-2013 at 21:49.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    its speculation and conjecture, but IF anyone truly believes that titanfall will stay exclusive is in for a rude awakening. After all that "Mass Effect will never come to ps3" (microsoft owned the publishing rights) nothing will remain exclusive when it comes to third party When something like Kingdom Hearts III, an inherently playstation install base driven series is coming to X1 without its predecessors ever being on the MS ecosystem, how can a brotastic shooter from EA remain exclusive? All I'm saying is I feel 90% chance titanfall gets annonced for ps4 next year
    Yep exactly. And thats why 1st party is so important to ensure permanent exclusives for your console.

Forum Overseer
    ok but the idea is that this game is MP and it's pointless for PS4 to get this game 12 months down the road. The benefit was already reaped. i would not mistake this with a regular SP game.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    ok but the idea is that this game is MP and it's pointless for PS4 to get this game 12 months down the road. The benefit was already reaped. i would not mistake this with a regular SP game.
    If the community is still there then why not

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Titanfall 2 is probably more likely, or otherwise EA/Respawn are really tight lipped for a Mar-May 2014 release.

Also, it doesn't matter if the XB1/PC community is still there or not, because there will be a new one if it's eventually released on PS4.

Just like no one was talking about Bioshock/Mass Effect etc in between X360 and PS3 releases, but when they did the buzz started again.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    If the community is still there then why not
    It'll be there but it's not going to be anywhere near the amount Xbox 360 and Xbox One will likely have.
    Titanfall 2 is probably more likely, or otherwise EA/Respawn are really tight lipped for a Mar-May 2014 release.

Also, it doesn't matter if the XB1/PC community is still there or not, because there will be a new one if it's eventually released on PS4.
    The damage will already be done. Even if it was a single player game. It's worse when it's an online game. Online games have very fierce competition. By the time it's out on PS4/PS3, better games will likely be out. PS3 core users will have moved on for the most part.

Just like no one was talking about Bioshock/Mass Effect etc in between X360 and PS3 releases, but when they did the buzz started again.
    and what were the ME sales on the PS3 compared to the 360?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    It'll be there but it's not going to be anywhere near the amount Xbox 360 and Xbox One will likely have.
    The damage will already be done. Even if it was a single player game. It's worse when it's an online game. Online games have very fierce competition. By the time it's out on PS4/PS3, better games will likely be out. PS3 core users will have moved on for the most part.

and what were the ME sales on the PS3 compared to the 360?
    You're probably right, but I wouldn't discount communities picking it up.

I know I won't be playing it unless I can play alone, but I'm sure there are some interested in it.

RE Sales: lol I have no idea - I don't really follow sales. I presume less? Wouldn't have a clue on the difference.

Forum Overseer
    You're probably right, but I wouldn't discount communities picking it up.

I know I won't be playing it unless I can play alone, but I'm sure there are some interested in it.
    it won't affect me because while I'm interested, it's not something I'd be hyped for...so i would've gotten it at lower price anyway.

it does look cool though, i feel like i need to play it first before i judge it but just the whole setup isn't my thing.

i feel like either the game is being hyped a lot by the media or it might just be that good...meaning, next-gen's COD because it looks good regardless but whether it will dethrone COD, i'm skeptical.

i think it's going to have its own place, it will get the hardcore in because there are a lot of people that like robots and stuff...so this might be a way to get maybe Halo fans? i don't think they're directly competing with COD's gameplay.

For the discount communities, you're right, it will likely be there but i donno, i haven't seen an online MP shooter yet that was exclusive for so long before moving to another platform so i don't know how bad the effect will be...considering it will likely be very successful.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    it won't affect me because while I'm interested, it's not something I'd be hyped for...so i would've gotten it at lower price anyway.

it does look cool though, i feel like i need to play it first before i judge it but just the whole setup isn't my thing.

i feel like either the game is being hyped a lot by the media or it might just be that good...meaning, next-gen's COD because it looks good regardless but whether it will dethrone COD, i'm skeptical.

i think it's going to have its own place, it will get the hardcore in because there are a lot of people that like robots and stuff...so this might be a way to get maybe Halo fans? i don't think they're directly competing with COD's gameplay.

For the discount communities, you're right, it will likely be there but i donno, i haven't seen an online MP shooter yet that was exclusive for so long before moving to another platform so i don't know how bad the effect will be...considering it will likely be very successful.
    The gameplay looks pretty fun. It's just a shame there isn't some type of SP campaign, or it wasn't little bit more open world, because that would be nuts!

I think barring any AC3-type last-minute letdowns (where it was hyped and spoken up in mags, online articles, tweets, previews etc right before launch; before underdelivering) it'll be fine. I dunno about the second coming, but I'm sure it'll be one of those things that make an impact.

I'll put it this way; I'd be surprised if there wasn't a sequel released.

Ancient
    And I still don't care, the game looks fun but it looks bargain bin fun like bulletstorm or UT3.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

25. Likes Demi_God likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    And I still don't care, the game looks fun but it looks bargain bin fun like bulletstorm or UT3.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 4
    Bargain bin fun? Are u evem serious

Thread Information