Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    I will also never agree that we should pay for online gaming, I mean we already pay plenty of money just for the game itself. But we should also consider the fact that after the DDoS attack, Sony had to invest some more on their Network Services, not just to make it better but more secure, so I guess that's also a good explanation.
    yea that would be a good explanation but it's a company. they're there to make $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Forum Guru
    Personally, I have no problems paying for plus because it has amazing benefits associated with it..... BUT I do have issue with them making online play one of those benefits.

PS + is a great program on its own and in itself should be plenty incentive for people to subscribe, but not everyone wants/needs or currently care about some of those incentives. What Sony is essentially doing is forcing people to subscribe to + not for the great benefits it has to offer, but purely because gamers want to enjoy the games that they just bought in their entirety.
    Last edited by faaeng; 06-28-2013 at 07:51.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Xbox Live was one of the success stories of the current gen. The fact that multiplayer was free didn't make gamers flock to the PS3 as it really didn't stack up to Live. So I chalk this up as a lessons learned thing for Sony. If you offer a superior product, people will pay for it. It is a reversal that some are not going to like and some Xbox fans treat as a "gotcha!", but the fact is that PS+ pays for itself several times over is the saving grace, imo. If you weren't paying for PS+ already, you were missing out on THE best deal of the current gen.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

4. Likes Sparc wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by LeisureSuitLarry View Post
    Xbox Live was one of the success stories of the current gen. The fact that multiplayer was free didn't make gamers flock to the PS3 as it really didn't stack up to Live. So I chalk this up as a lessons learned thing for Sony. If you offer a superior product, people will pay for it. It is a reversal that some are not going to like and some Xbox fans treat as a "gotcha!", but the fact is that PS+ pays for itself several times over is the saving grace, imo. If you weren't paying for PS+ already, you were missing out on THE best deal of the current gen.
    I'm still not keen on what made live so special.

Anyways I find this explanation, well, obvious. Why else would they charge for online play now (unless they ARE just money grubbing jerks )

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Why necessarily was Xbox live the success story of the current gen? because they gave dedicated media servers to the console or because it opened up a new business strategy for the console manufacturers? I do agree with you that ps+ does pay for itself many times over and I think many people will agree that it is the superior subscription service in matters of content. We'll have to wait and see if the reliability of online play can rival Xbox live but as of right now I see it doing just that.

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by D3seeker View Post
    I'm still not keen on what made live so special. Anyways I find this explanation, well, obvious. Why else would they charge for online play now (unless they ARE just money grubbing jerks )
    In the early days Live was but now not so much unless you absolutely have to have xgame chat. And MS putting apps and even the xbox browser behind a paywall is a total joke.

Flaw3d Genius
    Im happy to pay for PSN+ if it's as good as Xbox Live, What i dont want is free games that im not interested in and a service that is not as good as Live.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Im happy to pay for PSN+ if it's as good as Xbox Live, What i dont want is free games that im not interested in and a service that is not as good as Live.
    Yeah that what sucked about what MS offered. AC2 and Halo 3? Giving ice away in the winter. Aside from xgame chat I dont see much distinguishing Live from PSN anymore other than MS putting apps and even the xbox browser behind a paywall. Glad Sony isnt doing that.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    The actual store... Live is a super computer, compared to the PSN abacus.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    IMO it's not as of right now. It's has gotten better but i just don't ever see it topping xbl service. I'm glad to see them making positive changes for the next console.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    The actual store... Live is a super computer, compared to the PSN abacus.
    yea, easily.

12. Dislikes victorijapoosp is confounded by the utter nonsense of this most disagreeable post
    Soldier 95B
    Well, I will have no choice now but to buy PSN+ annually if I want a PS4. I had PSN+ for 6 months, but it didn't have any benefit to me other than the cloud save. The game rentals were meh for me, so it had no real benefit. If Sony loads PSN+ with some really good features related to multiplayer, I will be pumped. Granted, I will buy PSN+ either way, cuz I am an online gamer.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Well, I will have no choice now but to buy PSN+ annually if I want a PS4. I had PSN+ for 6 months, but it didn't have any benefit to me other than the cloud save. The game rentals were meh for me, so it had no real benefit. If Sony loads PSN+ with some really good features related to multiplayer, I will be pumped. Granted, I will buy PSN+ either way, cuz I am an online gamer.
    Which features would you want?

Flaw3d Genius
    They need to make it feel like a unified system like Live, Right now it all feels a bit disjointed...You still feel connected with friends all the time the way you do with Live...That's my biggest problem.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    The thing that doesn't get mentioned enough is demos, live has a demo for nearly every game that comes out. I just hate it when I'm interested in a game and I want to try it out before making the final call on it just to not have any type of demo, hopefully Sony can now do this with the extra money

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

17. Likes The Black Wolf wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingSpree0 View Post
    The thing that doesn't get mentioned enough is demos, live has a demo for nearly every game that comes out. I just hate it when I'm interested in a game and I want to try it out before making the final call on it just to not have any type of demo, hopefully Sony can now do this with the extra money
    Yeah a demo for every XBLA game is nice. Although I have been noticing more demos for PSN games as of late. But they need to be there for every game no exceptions. And luckily the PS4 UI looks greatly improved and looks to have a more connected feel. The PS3 XMB doesn't have that and looks very barren. I do like the themes though.

19. Likes MartyRules wishes they had posted this first.
    Soldier 95B
    • In game chat with instant messenger users that are on PC
    • No game installs after download
    • Required demo for every PSN game
    • Gamer reporting system
    • Matchmaking similar to TruSkill
    • Automated cloud save system vs. the manual one
    • Instant trophy synchronization across all devices
    • Party Chat with 8 or more people.
    • Ability to download PSN movies and games while watching a movie.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Instant trophy synching. Thats another one.^ Hope the PS4 just adds your trophies automatically.

22. Likes The Black Wolf wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    i already got my money back from PS+ with the gree games i got for it. it was 50 bucks. Gravity Rush free, 35 bucks. Vanquish free, 10 bucks, XCom free, 39.99. more than 50 bucks. not to mention 3 or 4 other freebies that were like, 5 bucks a piece. so im actually quite content with the PS+ service and i think ill be holding onto it.

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a shitload of bubble gum"

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    my body is ready...guessing its the debug unit for review sites

please be a late october launch

still dont like the fact that theres no usb in the back! i rather have the front clutter free

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    A man can dream... And its probably going to stay that way. Unless we get Skype(unlikely), Hangouts(possible but hardly practical), or Facebook chat(most likely).

Anything other than Skype or Facebook chat is going to be utterly useless to me.
    Last edited by Terminator 101; 06-28-2013 at 21:04.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    Why necessarily was Xbox live the success story of the current gen? because they gave dedicated media servers to the console or because it opened up a new business strategy for the console manufacturers? I do agree with you that ps+ does pay for itself many times over and I think many people will agree that it is the superior subscription service in matters of content. We'll have to wait and see if the reliability of online play can rival Xbox live but as of right now I see it doing just that.
    I said ONE of the success stories. Mainly, IMO, because it made it really easy to talk to your friends regardless of what game they were playing. I'm not much for multiplayer, but my sons love Xbox Live. Frankly, I don't see any reason PS+ can't be just as good or better than Live going forward with the investments Sony is making.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

PSU Technical Manager
    • No game installs after download
    • Required demo for every PSN game
    • Gamer reporting system
    • Matchmaking similar to TruSkill
    • Automated cloud save system vs. the manual one
    • Instant trophy synchronization across all devices
    • Party Chat with 8 or more people.
    • Ability to download PSN movies and games while watching a movie.
    Automated cloud saves? I never have to manually save to the cloud. And I watch movies while downloading movies/games all the time. Am I missing something?

Soldier 95B
    Automated cloud saves? I never have to manually save to the cloud. And I watch movies while downloading movies/games all the time. Am I missing something?
    My edition of PSN+ required me to move games to the cloud and sync them. On XBL, I just put the game in and it already knows it's on the cloud on every console I play from.

Yes, my bad on the movie thing. I did that wrong. I meant to say XMB access when watching movies. Online notifications, chat, etc. when watching movies. Everytime I put in a Blu-ray, XMB is disabled.

I got my list confused with background downloading.

PSU Technical Manager
    My edition of PSN+ required me to move games to the cloud and sync them. On XBL, I just put the game in and it already knows it's on the cloud on every console I play from.

Yes, my bad on the movie thing. I did that wrong. I meant to say XMB access when watching movies. Online notifications, chat, etc. when watching movies. Everytime I put in a Blu-ray, XMB is disabled.

I got my list confused with background downloading.
    Ok, but your "edition" of PS+? What edition is that? There's more than one?

Forum Guru
    With cloud saves, once you start a game (after subbing obviously) it asks if you want to keep your saves backed up in the cloud or not.

Once you answer yes or no it wont ask you again for that game, but you can just press triangle while on the game/disk and enable/disable auto syncing whenever you want.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Thread Information