Apprentice

PS4 architect Mark Cerny hopes PlayStation's legacy can match Nintendo's

Last edited by Super Manning; 06-27-2013 at 16:31.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    That's actually a really nice thing to say. Nintendo saved the gaming industry back in the 80s. With all this talk about Android devices and iPad shrinking the console market, it does make me wonder how we will look back on this generation 15 or so years from now. These are very interesting years ahead for gaming.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I have so much respect for Cerny, he is a very humble guy that is just doing some amazing stuff! I am extremely happy with the team over at Sony now, I am so glad to see all the arrogance gone from the earlier days!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Veteran
    Nintendo should make his legacy go further by quitting consoles and releasing their trademark legendary games like Mario and Zelda on PS4 and X1. I honestly don't see Nintendo coming back from the dead anymore since Wii.

5. Likes MonkeyClaw likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    In my eyes, it already has. Sure, Sony doesn't count with characters as charismatic (or milked) as Nintendo's, but its legacy is as important.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Nintendo should make his legacy go further by quitting consoles and releasing their trademark legendary games like Mario and Zelda on PS4 and X1. I honestly don't see Nintendo coming back from the dead anymore since Wii.
    I would love nothing more than to see this happen! Imagine what their games would look like with the power of these next gen consoles!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Master Poster
    Items User name style
    Ew.

I would retch at the thought of Nintendo's most recognizable character faces being on a Microsoft platform. They would flounder, just like Final Fantasy did. The demographic just does not seem to be there for legacy/mascot characters.

There's a lot more overlap with Sony's audience, as I can't think of a Playstation fan that doesn't have massive respect for Link and Mario--I pretty much rate Mario as gaming's Superman, the G.O.A.T. and Link is probably the most prolific hero in gaming.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I would love nothing more than to see this happen! Imagine what their games would look like with the power of these next gen consoles!
    Same here, I'd love a Zelda Ocarina remake for next gen, that would be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    Ew.

I would retch at the thought of Nintendo's most recognizable character faces being on a Microsoft platform. They would flounder, just like Final Fantasy did. The demographic just does not seem to be there for legacy/mascot characters.

There's a lot more overlap with Sony's audience, as I can't think of a Playstation fan that doesn't have massive respect for Link and Mario--I pretty much rate Mario as gaming's Superman, the G.O.A.T. and Link is probably the most prolific hero in gaming.
    I see where you're coming from with that, but if Nintendo were to ever do something like that, they would need to go ALL Multiplatform (PC too) in order to make a revenue that is worth developing games for other consoles.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    Ew.

They can always give Mario a helmet, add a biblical back story to him, give him some overgrown bugs to kill, and call it a game.

No Xbox game, is complete of course, without timed DLC - exclusive DLC of Mario's Master Chief helmet and a timed DLC of 2 multiplayer Mario maps...

And probably just discard Link as he looks too much of a fairy for the frat boys that play xbox.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Master Guru
    The PS brand already has a pretty big legacy. Nintendo status? Not yet, but it's getting there.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    No way. Nintendo have to new of amazing games on both DS, 3DS ad Wii. The 3DS of late is my most played platform. Nintendo are top quality and not going anywhere

Via Tapatalk

Thread Information