Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

GT6 demo racing into view next week

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/...view_next_week Great news. Looking forward to playing the demo.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    PD has a lot to prove with GT6 since GT5 flopped/was mediocre even with all the infinite updates it never did it justice.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimax View Post
    PD has a lot to prove with GT6 since GT5 flopped/was mediocre even with all the infinite updates it never did it justice.
    GT5 flopped? If selling 10 million copies is what you call flopping then 90 percent of the games this gen have flopped miserably. lol http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...d-and-counting
    Last edited by mistercrow; 06-27-2013 at 22:49.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Just because a game sells a certain amount doesn't mean it was great though look at GTA 4 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 both of those games sold well more than GT5, and both of those are forgotten by a lot of people one for how terrible it was the other because it didn't live up to it's previous version.

Even after all the updates PD couldn't fix how people remembered the career mode, online, and the premium vs. standard thing plus the shadows and even the missing tracks(like Apricot Hill, Midfield, Seattle, and SSR11 to name a few).

You might not believe it, but just go to GTplanet bet within a day or two you'll see exactly what I mean.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Just because a game sells a certain amount doesn't mean it was great though look at GTA 4 and Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 both of those games sold well more than GT5, and both of those are forgotten by a lot of people one for how terrible it was the other because it didn't live up to it's previous version. Even after all the updates PD couldn't fix how people remembered the career mode, online, and the premium vs. standard thing plus the shadows and even the missing tracks(like Apricot Hill, Midfield, Seattle, and SSR11 to name a few). You might not believe it, but just go to GTplanet bet within a day or two you'll see exactly what I mean.
    I know fans had complaints but mediocre games dont sell 10 million copies and keep on going. GT5 may not have been as good as say GT4 but it was still a good game. The DLC support could have been better though and all cars should have been premium. And GT5 still has legs even after selling 10 million copies. It had its shortcomings but it certainly isnt the train wreck youre making it out to be. But to each their own.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 06-27-2013 at 23:08.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    I know fans had complaints but mediocre games dont sell 10 million copies and keep on going. GT5 may not have been as good as say GT4 but it was still a good game. The DLC support could have been better though and all cars should have been premium. And GT5 still has legs even after selling 10 million copies. It had its shortcomings but it certainly isnt the train wreck youre making it out to be. But to each their own.
    Maybe it wasn't mediocre as in 5/10 or somewhere in that area, but for a racing game, and just it's franchise go it was the worse/mediocre, and as far as the DLC is concerned people have been hit and miss with it.

It might not be a train wreck, but Kaz knows GT6 needs to go over well if he even wants there to be success for the series on PS4 let's just put it that way. Well let's just say the continued success he's had so far because a lot of people are giving him crap even with just the GT6 trailers, and from what is being said not all cars will get the premium treatment neither.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Maybe it wasn't mediocre as in 5/10 or somewhere in that area, but for a racing game, and just it's franchise go it was the worse/mediocre, and as far as the DLC is concerned people have been hit and miss with it. It might not be a train wreck, but Kaz knows GT6 needs to go over well if he even wants there to be success for the series on PS4 let's just put it that way. Well let's just say the continued success he's had so far because a lot of people are giving him crap even with just the GT6 trailers, and from what is being said not all cars will get the premium treatment neither.
    I agree that they will need to step it up with GT6. Most likely it will be GT on PS4 (whenever that happens) that really steps up imo.

GT5 was awesome and I still play it! Excited for this demo

9. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    GT5 was a let down for sure. Physics were crap, damage was wonky, PS2 cars and tracks were insults, and the black fake in-car view added later was insulting. I hope GT6 is new from the ground up making all cars the same.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    GT5 was a let down for sure. Physics were crap, damage was wonky, PS2 cars and tracks were insults, and the black fake in-car view added later was insulting. I hope GT6 is new from the ground up making all cars the same.
    Wouldn't call it new from the ground up as it's more the True Gran Turismo 5 we are hoping, and honestly I hate when Kaz says GT5 pushs the PS3 limits when I've played games from 2009 that did better than GT5 to push the limits.

Heck at this rate the only game that truly pushes PS3 in my eyes is GTA V.

Flaw3d Genius
    GT5 flopped? If selling 10 million copies is what you call flopping then 90 percent of the games this gen have flopped miserably. lol http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...d-and-counting
    Most gamers dont care about sales more how the game actually plays out.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Most gamers dont care about sales more how the game actually plays out.
    I still enjoy GT5 today. A game doesnt reach 10 million sales and keep going by being mediocre. A point that is now convienently lost on you. Although amusing since I've seen you use sales numbers as your proof of PS3 exclusives being of low quality. lol

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Haters gonna hate. Will be downloading the demo.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    This will be interesting... here's my daughters GT5 Academy, three and a half years ago!!! She was eight years old.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Haters gonna hate. Will be downloading the demo.
    Hate on what the fact that GT5 was a disappointment among many big time fans?

Have you even played the game and noticed all the half-assed attempts in many areas namely Career, Nascar, WRC, Damage(somewhat), A good number of tracks, the Premium vs. Standard concept(that never should have happened), THE FREAKING A.I

Someone on GTplanet said it best about the A.I as far as GT is concerned every race is mostly catch the rabbit especially those with the weekly challenges.

I'm sorry if you feel like I'm hating, or anyone else, but dude when people are saying GT3 and on back are better than GT5 that should be enough to tell you it's a disappointment.

Soldier 95B
    Sales > Game Quality....at least for this week.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Sales > Game Quality....at least for this week.
    lol The irony.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    lol

GT5 best real driving sim this generation on consoles, cant wait to try out the successor GT6
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 06-28-2013 at 21:55.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    lol

GT5 best real driving sim this generation on consoles, cant wait to try out the successor GT6
    Actually believe that belongs to Forza 4 at this point in time I'll wait on GT6 from the interviews and videos I've seen I feel a bit better about GT6, but how much better is what's left to be determined.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Actually believe that belongs to Forza 4 at this point in time I'll wait on GT6 from the interviews and videos I've seen I feel a bit better about GT6, but how much better is what's left to be determined.
    Well let's agree to disagree then...forza is just forza, gt has always been the best real driving simulator on consoles

But your opinion has been noted tho

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 06-28-2013 at 23:03.

22. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Well let's agree to disagree then...forza is just forza, gt has always been the best real driving simulator on consoles But your opinion has been noted tho Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    This.^ True dat.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 06-28-2013 at 23:12.

Flaw3d Genius
    Hate on what the fact that GT5 was a disappointment among many big time fans?

Have you even played the game and noticed all the half-assed attempts in many areas namely Career, Nascar, WRC, Damage(somewhat), A good number of tracks, the Premium vs. Standard concept(that never should have happened), THE FREAKING A.I

Someone on GTplanet said it best about the A.I as far as GT is concerned every race is mostly catch the rabbit especially those with the weekly challenges.

I'm sorry if you feel like I'm hating, or anyone else, but dude when people are saying GT3 and on back are better than GT5 that should be enough to tell you it's a disappointment.
    Your not allowed to say a bad word on exclusives without getting jumped on, Been pretty common in the past few weeks.

Well let's agree to disagree then...forza is just forza, gt has always been the best real driving simulator on consoles

Your right! One is a driving simulator and the other is a racing simulator. Two different games doing two different things.

Flaw3d Genius
    I still enjoy GT5 today. A game doesnt reach 10 million sales and keep going by being mediocre. A point that is now convienently lost on you. Although amusing since I've seen you use sales numbers as your proof of PS3 exclusives being of low quality. lol
    COD sells more than 10 million...Does it mean it's the best shooter in the whole wide world? Does it $#@!. Res Evil 6 sold more than the first Res Evil....Do you see where im going with this? Prob not so il give you one more example...

If Grid 2 sold 11 million...Would it be better than GT5? No.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat

agreed. if gran turismo didn't exist, there wouldn't be forza

27. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Look I give credit for GT1-GT4 there is no doubting that, but ever since PS3 dropped other racing games have come and passed GT by that's not a joke.

A lot of features found in GT5 I've seen before and done better such as NFS Porsche Unleashed, Midnight Club LA, and others.

I haven't played F1 2012 or Grid 2, but I'll take FUN>Graphics everyday, and yes GT5 is that good looking girl that doesn't have any substance.

Thread Information