Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    Yup. Microsoft gave the consumer an option to have HD-DVD. Microsoft gave the consumer an option to have an HDD. Microsoft gave the consumer an option to have WIFI. Those were all seen as bad things by the gamers that preferred the PS3, and the 360 was $200 less, and those people were saying it should have all been included. Now they include the HDD, they include the WIFI, they include the HD optical drive and they include their camera.

So options...or no options....it's like one or the other...just can't win.
    A few points:

The ability to change the HDD should of been there from the beginning, instead MS opted to sell their own HDD's at ridiculous prices, so not many opted to increase their storage size.

WiFi SHOULD have been included with the initial release of the 360. If you wanted WiFi once again, you had to pay a ridiculous amount.

A HD optical drive should of been included from the beginning as well, instead they were stuck with the size restraints of DVD's.

And as for Kinect, many don't care. Outside of HDD's, WiFi, and an HD optical drive this is the one thing that can easily be a unanimous "choice" peripheral. You either want the abilities that come with it, or you don't. In today's day and age the rest should of been mandatory from the beginning. They need to keep this the same, have Kinect there for those who want it, and keep it away from the bundle for those who DO NOT want it. It will drive down the price, and it would increase their overall sales. It is mind boggling to me WHY they would force it on consumers, and make it a requirement just for system functionality. Ludicrous.

8 years and counting!

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    A few points:

The ability to change the HDD should of been there from the beginning, instead MS opted to sell their own HDD's at ridiculous prices, so not many opted to increase their storage size.

WiFi SHOULD have been included with the initial release of the 360. If you wanted WiFi once again, you had to pay a ridiculous amount.

A HD optical drive should of been included from the beginning as well, instead they were stuck with the size restraints of DVD's.

And as for Kinect, many don't care. Outside of HDD's, WiFi, and an HD optical drive this is the one thing that can easily be a unanimous "choice" peripheral. You either want the abilities that come with it, or you don't. In today's day and age the rest should of been mandatory from the beginning. They need to keep this the same, have Kinect there for those who want it, and keep it away from the bundle for those who DO NOT want it. It will drive down the price, and it would increase their overall sales. It is mind boggling to me WHY they would force it on consumers, and make it a requirement just for system functionality. Ludicrous.
    I personally am glad they are bundling the camera, the wifi, the hdd, the hd optical drive, the hdmi in and wifi direct. The only thing I would change is having them add a headset, even it is a disposable one like the one that come with the PS4. No chance in hell I am using Kinect 2 for my online communication in games. It sucked with Kinect 1.

I remember back when we got the Pong console, the Atari consoles, Coleco Vision consoles, Intellivison consoles. It was just that. Everything you wanted and needed, all in one box. No need to buy accessories. With Xbox One, I will be able to play every Xbox One game out of the box without a need to buy any accessories. It will just work day one. All Xbox One, Xbox One better with Kinect and Xbox One Kinect titles.

I miss the original console days to be honest.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I personally am glad they are bundling the camera, the wifi, the hdd, the hd optical drive, the hdmi in and wifi direct. The only thing I would change is having them add a headset, even it is a disposable one like the one that come with the PS4. No chance in hell I am using Kinect 2 for my online communication in games. It sucked with Kinect 1.

I remember back when we got the Pong console, the Atari consoles, Coleco Vision consoles, Intellivison consoles. It was just that. Everything you wanted and needed, all in one box. No need to buy accessories. With Xbox One, I will be able to play every Xbox One game out of the box without a need to buy any accessories. It will just work day one. All Xbox One, Xbox One better with Kinect and Xbox One Kinect titles.

I miss the original console days to be honest.
    Same here. With Kinect bundled it sort of increase the chances of developer support. There is no guarantee that it will pull those Kinect 1 numbers on it's own. I think this next version is a big improvement but people will still be sceptical until we they see more. I do think what MS offering is a great package though. I like the all-in-one thing. It works well for me.

Superior Member

Bundling some things with the console isn't always as simple as giving consumers the choice. When it's something like Kinect (I actually spelled it connect at first, lol) it might become something that completely changes not only how the system is used, or how the games are made, but how the games are designed to be played. Granted, I'm not for motion controls, I already go to the gym 5/6 days a week, when I'm gaming, I like to sit back with controller in hand and just relax as I tear the guts out of Nazi's/Russians/Terrorist scum.

Whether they succeed or not can only be determined in retrospect.

Blu-ray, Kinect, the Wii's display on the controller, may seem gimmicky at first, but are not exactly the same as not including Wifi, an additional drive that isn't to be used for games (given that these are gaming consoles) or a camera that won't be used for a majority of the games.

I myself would rather most things be in the box given that I'd rather get everything that I might need up front for less than be ridiculously overcharged in the long run.

Unlike last generation, It doesn't look like either Sony or MS are really forcing something that will be just a gimmick in the end, so in this respect, they're not doing anything wrong.

The anti-consumer practices such as DRM, and back room deals to make a competitor look bad or just not look as good, this are entirely different issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Same here. With Kinect bundled it sort of increase the chances of developer support. There is no guarantee that it will pull those Kinect 1 numbers on it's own. I think this next version is a big improvement but people will still be sceptical until we they see more. I do think what MS offering is a great package though. I like the all-in-one thing. It works well for me.
    But it doesn't guarantee sales of those Kinect games. If somebody isnt interested in Kinect gaming then bundling it with the console isnt going to change that. So the developer support argument doesn't really hold water. Everybody has the device because its being forced on them but that doesn't mean they will buy Kinect games.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 06-28-2013 at 18:15.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    But it doesn't guarantee sales of those Kinect games. If somebody isnt interested in Kinect gaming then bundling it with the console isnt going to change that. So the developer support argument doesn't really hold water. Everybody has the device because its being forced on them but that doesn't mean they will buy Kinect games.
    Exactly. Those that don't play kinect games, won't buy them. What sucks is that I am basically getting a device I don't really want, and the price tag along with it. smh

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It actually substantially increases the chances of developer support. With the substantial improvement in Kinect 2.0, and millions having the Kinect "connected" day one out of every box, we will finally have an opportunity to have consistent and true support. But it is up to the devs to create those Kinect/Better with Kinect games that appeal to not only casual, but the core as well.

There is a chance that Kinect 2.0 could just collect dust at my place if it's not supported by the masses....from games to apps to media.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    It actually substantially increases the chances of developer support. With the substantial improvement in Kinect 2.0, and millions having the Kinect "connected" day one out of every box, we will finally have an opportunity to have consistent and true support. But it is up to the devs to create those Kinect/Better with Kinect games that appeal to not only casual, but the core as well.

There is a chance that Kinect 2.0 could just collect dust at my place if it's not supported by the masses....from games to apps to media.
    I think it's being blown out of proportion. If people don't want Kinect games, then having Kinect doesn't matter. Its just like now. The console is cheaper, adding Kinect to the home is available. If there isn't dev support now, it won't be any better come next gen.

I want the console for the next gen gaming. That doesn't include Kinect games. So people have to pay for an accessory they don't plan on using, so it will improve dev support? Makes no sense whatsoever.

9. Likes Two4DaMoney , Justin likes this post
    YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Until MS comes out and states I can buy an X1 without Kinect, I refuse to buy an X1. I have zero interest in Kinect and the options it brings forward, so why should I be forced to pay an additional $100 towards a device I do not want? With the 360 things were perfect, I could buy a 360 for (wait for it..............) GAMES, and leave Kinect on the shelf. However, it was there for those who have interest in it.

Soldier, just because there may be millions of Kinect's in homes does NOT mean there would be more developer support. You have to remember that there will only be developer support if there is demand for these types of games. If Kinect based game sales are way down, why would developers pump out Kinect based games? If a large percentage of X1 owners opt out of the Kinect based games it makes the sales of all the Kinect devices worth nothing to them, but it does mean a huge payday for MS as it ups the price of their bundle, which leads to more $.

8 years and counting!

11. Likes Super Manning likes this post
    Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    Until MS comes out and states I can buy an X1 without Kinect, I refuse to buy an X1. I have zero interest in Kinect and the options it brings forward, so why should I be forced to pay an additional $100 towards a device I do not want? With the 360 things were perfect, I could buy a 360 for (wait for it..............) GAMES, and leave Kinect on the shelf. However, it was there for those who have interest in it.

Soldier, just because there may be millions of Kinect's in homes does NOT mean there would be more developer support. You have to remember that there will only be developer support if there is demand for these types of games. If Kinect based game sales are way down, why would developers pump out Kinect based games? If a large percentage of X1 owners opt out of the Kinect based games it makes the sales of all the Kinect devices worth nothing to them, but it does mean a huge payday for MS as it ups the price of their bundle, which leads to more $.
    I never got into the Kinect and not planning to either

Forum Elder
    Back to topic. If they were both 500 I would still get the ps4.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    If I want an X1 I'll just wait about a few years regardless kind of like with PS4 I'll wait till it's $199. Even with the Kinect included I'll take a look at it. Almost went Xbox 360 only because early on PS3 didn't have the it game yet.

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I think it's being blown out of proportion. If people don't want Kinect games, then having Kinect doesn't matter. Its just like now. The console is cheaper, adding Kinect to the home is available. If there isn't dev support now, it won't be any better come next gen.

I want the console for the next gen gaming. That doesn't include Kinect games. So people have to pay for an accessory they don't plan on using, so it will improve dev support? Makes no sense whatsoever.
    So sell me a PS4 or an Xbox One without blu-ray, bluetooth, wifi, hdmi in, touch pad on the controller, move light on the controller, ethernet port, 500gb sized HDD, vibrating triggers. If I don't want blu-ray, bluetooth, wifi, hdmi in, touch pads, move lights, ethernet ports, large HDD's, six axis, vibrating triggers, then why should I pay for those if I am not using them or wanting them?

We should have Ala Carte consoles so we have choices and options. But clearly we don't.

Forum Overseer
    What? One still has a power brick?

wtf is in that box!

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    What? One still has a power brick?

wtf is in that box!
    I am being serious when I say that Microsoft (who sucks at hardware) should hire Sony (or Samsung or some other good hardware company) to make the Xbox so it's properly sized and built, and then Microsoft can put all their software and services in it.

Forum Overseer
    omg seriously. you'd think with the APU, it'd take care of most of the size issues. i wonder if they have some extra hardware in there, like TV turner etc. stuff. and the damn power brick is still outside, i just don't get it!

Soldier 95B
    omg seriously. you'd think with the APU, it'd take care of most of the size issues. i wonder if they have some extra hardware in there, like TV turner etc. stuff. and the damn power brick is still outside, i just don't get it!

Forum Overseer
    hmmm, i guess that big fan is probably taking up a lot of room.

i think the idea is that if you make something that's not consuming as much power, you don't need a bigger fan for it. so as you make things smaller, everything shrinks with it. i'd like to see what's inside the PS4.

Maybe there's more stuff going on inside the Xbox, they do have more components like the EsRAM. I donno much about hardware.

Soldier 95B
    hmmm, i guess that big fan is probably taking up a lot of room.

i think the idea is that if you make something that's not consuming as much power, you don't need a bigger fan for it. so as you make things smaller, everything shrinks with it. i'd like to see what's inside the PS4.

Maybe there's more stuff going on inside the Xbox, they do have more components like the EsRAM. I donno much about hardware.
    I don't know jack about hardware, so I can't answer that. To me, after looking at the inside of these consoles, I just see aluminum or metal and want to take them to my local recycle center to see how much I can get.

22. Likes Omar likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    Given the size of the PS4, I wouldn't be surprised if it came with a power brick

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    So sell me a PS4 or an Xbox One without blu-ray, bluetooth, wifi, hdmi in, touch pad on the controller, move light on the controller, ethernet port, 500gb sized HDD, vibrating triggers. If I don't want blu-ray, bluetooth, wifi, hdmi in, touch pads, move lights, ethernet ports, large HDD's, six axis, vibrating triggers, then why should I pay for those if I am not using them or wanting them?

We should have Ala Carte consoles so we have choices and options. But clearly we don't.
    smh....

That's a very broad compared to what I was talking about. Might as well have A la carte games too.
    Last edited by F34R; 06-28-2013 at 20:47.

Forum Overseer
    I don't know jack about hardware, so I can't answer that. To me, after looking at the inside of these consoles, I just see aluminum or metal and want to take them to my local recycle center to see how much I can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    Given the size of the PS4, I wouldn't be surprised if it came with a power brick
    dude, please don't say that...that will $#@!ing piss me off so bad. i guess it's not a big deal because i already deal with that on my laptops. not to mention, even it ever broke, you can't just grab another power cable, you gotta buy the specific one. not that it would ever happen but still!

26. Likes K2D likes this post
    Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    smh....

That's a very broad compared to what I was talking about. Might as well have A la carte games too.
    We already have a la carte games.

But I was serious. No matter, we can agree to disagree.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    And then they made sure you can sell the Kinect if you don't want it by making the console require the Damn thing being plugged in! Nice one MS

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    And then they made sure you can sell the Kinect if you don't want it by making the console require the Damn thing being plugged in! Nice one MS

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, it's freakin' stupid of them. It's one of those things that keeps nagging at me. I don't want, or need, Kinect. Don't make me pay for it EXTRA. Unless of course, they are saying, even without Kinect, the system would be $499.. smh

Thread Information