Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 5
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    Yea I don't see a reason for a proxbox person to be at PLAYSTATION universe either but to each their own I guess. Your statement does raise an eyebrow, I'm assuming that it's true? a proxbox member got a staff position?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Of course it is true. Many members have noticed it yet threads get locked, post get deleted. There is a change going on in PSU and you will prob see many members, some who have been around a long time, leave.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Of course it is true. Many members have noticed it yet threads get locked, post get deleted. There is a change going on in PSU and you will prob see many members, some who have been around a long time, leave.
    dang. I didnt know I just really started getting to using the forums. I don't understand why that would happen though? I mean, some people have invested a lot of time and finger action into this site because they enjoy playstation. wouldn't the creator be pro-playstation and due to that fact kind of keep the pro-Xbox guys out of staff positions except for moderating the Xbox forums?

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Bodie_CI5
    Items ApplePS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Just for giggles.

Gettign the result you want from opinion polls.

Always makes my day when I see a fellow Yes Prime/Minister devotee

The following is purely anecdotal (so may or may not mean diddly squat): three acquaintances of mine were put off by the initial XBox One unveil due to the focus on the social media/TV focus. They've not given any indication they'll be heading back towards the Xbox (they've been long-time devotees of the 360).

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodie_CI5 View Post
    Always makes my day when I see a fellow Yes Prime/Minister devotee

The following is purely anecdotal (so may or may not mean diddly squat): three acquaintances of mine were put off by the initial XBox One unveil due to the focus on the social media/TV focus. They've not given any indication they'll be heading back towards the Xbox (they've been long-time devotees of the 360).
    well that does mean something because its not just those three acquaintances

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Bodie_CI5
    Items ApplePS3 Slim
    well that does mean something because its not just those three acquaintances
    Thanks, forma. I threw it in to the discussion as the hardware considerations haven't really come in to the mix for them (one of them is in IT). Sony's more focussed-on-the-game element has in the instance above proven a sure winner.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    At this rate, the thread will get locked. I personally feel like there should be a balance here, it triggers discussion and debates when it comes to gaming. If there are some members who either annoy me or I disagree completely with, the ignore feature is there (Which I've only used on one person ever). Oh man how I wish I could ignore Soldier 95B sometimes though.
    Yeah, I've actually decided to put one certain extremely pro Xbox member on my ignore list who likes to follow me around. lol But hes the only member on my ignore list so far.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    Also I see this thread got voted down to 3 stars. Not hard to guess which members most likely did that. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 06-30-2013 at 05:30.

Superior Member
    Well there is a member or two I can think of right now who openly take everything negative about the xbox as false or just a rumor, but anything positive is immediately true. The information about digital foundry saying that the power of the cloud was smoke and mirrors was immediately shot down as them being idiots and untrustworthy, but then the same guys ran the new info about the 192GB/s memory speed and now they are trustworthy again.

I do personally like xbox fans on this forum though, they provide some contrast to the discussions and keep things interesting. It can be annoying on both sides when either fanboy gets overly biased and refuses to acknowledge or even entertain some discussions.
    "Bigfoot is blurry, that is the problem...it is not the photographers fault...Bigfoot is blurry and that is extra scary to me because there is an extra large out-of-focus creature roaming the countryside....Run he's fuzzy, get out of here" ~ Mitch Hedburg, RIP you crazy fool

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodie_CI5 View Post
    Thanks, forma. I threw it in to the discussion as the hardware considerations haven't really come in to the mix for them (one of them is in IT). Sony's more focussed-on-the-game element has in the instance above proven a sure winner.
    Your welcome bro. and yes, their emphasis on GAMING and making it 100% about that sure seems to be a terrific strategy when placed against a home entertainment system that tries to do much. just my humble opinion and I'm not trying to flame with that statement either

Of course they do. At $500, the same price as the Xbox One, PS4 will be more powerful, boast the same features, if not more (minus voice control) as well as Sony having a history of owning the best exclusive IPs of any console. It doesn't surprise me that people would rather buy a PS4 if they were the same price. It's would be a no contest for me either way, the $100 price difference is just a bonus on top! It's just a shame the great prices the US is getting is reflected in Europe and the UK.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Beasley2K View Post
    Of course they do. At $500, the same price as the Xbox One, PS4 will be more powerful, boast the same features, if not more (minus voice control) as well as Sony having a history of owning the best exclusive IPs of any console. It doesn't surprise me that people would rather buy a PS4 if they were the same price. It's would be a no contest for me either way, the $100 price difference is just a bonus on top! It's just a shame the great prices the US is getting is reflected in Europe and the UK.
    well now you do have to consider xbox's superior move technology as well as the voice like u said. we have yet to see if the eye can compete with kinect. but besides that I agree the ps4 would be better in every way

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It should be cheaper. It has less technology.
    Well what is the point of having more technology if it fails at being useful to me as a gamer?

I would be wasting $100 on a surveilance peripheral.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanehead View Post
    Well what is the point of having more technology if it fails at being useful to me as a gamer?

I would be wasting $100 on a surveilance peripheral.
    true that man. can't trust the NSA as of late

Superior Member

More technology does not equate to better technology. Sony lucked out with GDDR5 ram prices, that's all this was, it could have gone either way. The same idea goes with the APU vs the CPU+GPU. It might be less individual parts, but everything is still there.

This is one of those rare instances where everything just worked out.

well now you do have to consider xbox's superior move technology as well as the voice like u said. we have yet to see if the eye can compete with kinect. but besides that I agree the ps4 would be better in every way.
    Voice would be interesting if they can actually get it to work as advertised, I have never had a voice tech or program work well enough to make them worth using over traditional control methods.

Kinect is the only potential advantage. It might take off and finally change what we know of gaming, then and again it might just be a paperweight that you need to have connected. With the higher price point and less known potential than a product by a company that managed to match them in a previous generation despite all of the issues (high prices, production, game development), this lowers the chance that Kinect will become a successful risk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    For goodness sake I hope nobody thinks to start labelling the console an Xbrick,
    oops
    -Regarding the Xbone A.K.A. the Xbrick

"Faith - that's another word for ignorance isn't it?" -House

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by VayMasters86 View Post
    More technology does not equate to better technology. Sony lucked out with GDDR5 ram prices, that's all this was, it could have gone either way. The same idea goes with the APU vs the CPU+GPU. It might be less individual parts, but everything is still there.

This is one of those rare instances where everything just worked out.

Voice would be interesting if they can actually get it to work as advertised, I have never had a voice tech or program work well enough to make them worth using over traditional control methods.

Kinect is the only potential advantage. It might take off and finally change what we know of gaming, then and again it might just be a paperweight that you need to have connected. With the higher price point and less known potential than a product by a company that managed to match them in a previous generation despite all of the issues (high prices, production, game development), this lowers the chance that Kinect will become a successful risk.
    that's true with all innovation. some work and others get tossed because there's no demand for them. as you said, time will give the answers to that

Soldier 95B
    Quote Originally Posted by justintheman87 View Post
    Soldier, just because there may be millions of Kinect's in homes does NOT mean there would be more developer support.
    Agreed. But there will be a better chance of it. Like I said earlier, I never use Kinect 1.0 (literally collecting dust). And Kinect 2.0 might literally collect dust if they don't embrace and support it better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    lol what are you, 42?

Oh.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Lol Sufi, I'm 41 been gaming for 33 years. Not heavily, just mainly play aaa stuff.

Its just in my blood.
    41 here as well. Started with Pong, then Atari 2600, then Atari 5200, then Intellivision and Coleco Vision (as well as TRS-80, Commodore 64 and Commodore 128...spy hunter baby!), sprinkled with Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, PS2, PS3, Xbox Original and Xbox 360. Oh man....it's been a great many years of gaming. I think I got pong around 1976 or so? Putting me at 5 years old. That would be 36 years of gaming! Woot!

Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Even without Kinect I bet SONY can build cheaper hardware and in general Cerney-God made the architecture cheaper.
    I imagine anyone can build hardware for less than MS. MS can't build hardware to save their life.

Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Can you make a case - why gamers NEED kinect?
    They don't need it. I don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    Oh man how I wish I could ignore Soldier 95B sometimes though.
    Feel free to PM me if you find any issues with my posts, or report me if you find my posts as trolling. I enjoy both consoles and support them both on both sides of the forum. You can also email me direct if you have any concerns.

Forum Overseer
    You must need a lot of controllers at the retirement community? I bet Kinect is a big thing with you old folks there. just much less effort.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    You must need a lot of controllers at the retirement community? I bet Kinect is a big thing with you old folks there. just much less effort.
    lol. wrong Sufi. so wrong

Forum Overseer
    xD

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    xD
    man not even that face that deserves like a rotfl lmfao and then feel guilty as hell lol.

Forum Overseer
    meh i don't feel guilty, for all we know, they've already forgotten what i said by now.

lol

EDIT: that reminds me. I just posted this on facebook. Sumi is my wife's nickname.

*looking for apartments*
    Me: *clicks* Hmm.
    Sumi: That's a retirement community.
    Me: This is not bad, might not be so expensive.
    Sumi: It's where old people live.
    Me: Well, we don't have to worry about crime....
    I guess they could always commit crime by running us over.
    Sumi: lol.
    Me: ...they could accidentally break in our cars thinking it was theirs.
    Sumi: LOL.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    meh i don't feel guilty, for all we know, they've already forgotten what i said by now.

lol

EDIT: that reminds me. I just posted this on facebook. Sumi is my wife's nickname.

*looking for apartments*
    Me: *clicks* Hmm.
    Sumi: That's a retirement community.
    Me: This is not bad, might not be so expensive.
    Sumi: It's where old people live.
    Me: Well, we don't have to worry about crime....
    I guess they could always commit crime by running us over.
    Sumi: lol.
    Me: ...they could accidentally break in our cars thinking it was theirs.
    Sumi: LOL.
    a hahahahahahahahah. or break in ur house with their car not knowing how to drive lol

Forum Overseer
    lol there you go, you're on the same page as me now.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    lol there you go, you're on the same page as me now.
    lol I'm catching ya Sufi

Thread Information