Thread: PS4 Games

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901

PS4 Games

Ok I know this topic is getting beat but I think every person asking it has a different preference of games so here's mine. I've played ALOY of COD and I've preordered ghosts. however I am looking for something new. I just finished saints row 3 and I absolutely loved it. I'm skeptical about ac4 because I've played all the ac games and the story is getting worse in my opinion. I am an FPS guy, and I've played all the Killzones, but they haven't blown me away; however, it's been said that the new Killzones has a deeper story. Naturally, I think this topic will be re-visited after Gamescom, I'd just like your guy's current opinions.

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Go for Battlefield I haven't played one yet, but from everyone I've heard from it's the better between the two. Infamous Second Son looks to be a great game.

No idea what to make out of the rest I wasn't impressed with Killzone Shadowfall, and don't know enough about a lot of the others to make a fair judgement.

But that BF4 will be the real deal.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimax View Post
    Go for Battlefield I haven't played one yet, but from everyone I've heard from it's the better between the two. Infamous Second Son looks to be a great game.

No idea what to make out of the rest I wasn't impressed with Killzone Shadowfall, and don't know enough about a lot of the others to make a fair judgement.

But that BF4 will be the real deal.
    yea I've played battlefield bad compan/bad company 2 and battlefield 3 but the story honestly sucked ass on bf3. but they say they've put a lot of work into the story of bf4 and it's running a new engine so it might be worth it. I've also played infamous and infamous 2, but if I went that route I was considering watch dogs over second son

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    At this rate I don't even play FPS for the story it's straight to multiplayer for me now last good FPS story I've truly enjoyed COD4 Modern Warfare last before that Timesplitters 2(If only for the multiple ways the game changed through each difficulty).

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    At this rate I don't even play FPS for the story it's straight to multiplayer for me now last good FPS story I've truly enjoyed COD4 Modern Warfare last before that Timesplitters 2(If only for the multiple ways the game changed through each difficulty).
    I am the EXACT same way. However, it seems as if once I get to about 6th prestige (around 100hrs) play mp, I get bored and go back and play the story. I'd like to have something there when I got bored know what I mean

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    You won't really find any good FPS's with an amazing story anymore I'm afraid.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Moved thread to the PS4 Games section

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by forrma View Post
    Ok I know this topic is getting beat but I think every person asking it has a different preference of games so here's mine. I've played ALOY of COD and I've preordered ghosts. however I am looking for something new. I just finished saints row 3 and I absolutely loved it. I'm skeptical about ac4 because I've played all the ac games and the story is getting worse in my opinion. I am an FPS guy, and I've played all the Killzones, but they haven't blown me away; however, it's been said that the new Killzones has a deeper story. Naturally, I think this topic will be re-visited after Gamescom, I'd just like your guy's current opinions.
    Not sure how, Shadow Fall's campaign will fair. I mean their last game totally sucked in terms of story telling so take it with a salt molecule.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    I am the EXACT same way. However, it seems as if once I get to about 6th prestige (around 100hrs) play mp, I get bored and go back and play the story. I'd like to have something there when I got bored know what I mean
    The problem is everyone kind of messed that up when they stopped giving a crap after COD4 and even WAW.

Modern Warfare 2 story was ok, but no where near what COD4 did.

It's been the same for other FPS games there are some that try, but if it has multiplayer attached you know the drill lol.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Infamous Second Son is not a launch title and yes, you should consider Watch Dogs.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    Not sure how, Shadow Fall's campaign will fair. I mean their last game totally sucked in terms of story telling so take it with a salt molecule.
    Yea I thought Killzones 3 was very dry. the mechanics were good but the story was dry and I've never liked the mp on any Killzones. I've read a lot of articles that say it goes deeper into who the helghast are but I'll probably wait for the reviews to see

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Infamous Second Son is not a launch title and yes, you should consider Watch Dogs.
    yea I know it's not a launch title but there has been a lot of people talking about it saying that it's good from what they've seen etc. I think I am going to preorder watch dogs. ubisoft does their stuff well (besides running assassins creed too long

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    The problem is everyone kind of messed that up when they stopped giving a crap after COD4 and even WAW.

Modern Warfare 2 story was ok, but no where near what COD4 did.

It's been the same for other FPS games there are some that try, but if it has multiplayer attached you know the drill lol.
    I agree with your statements although I did think mw2 story was pretty good but like u said nowhere near cod4. That's actually the biggest argument that's been stated by the ppl who've worked on bf4 is that they're trying to put more energy, depth, and multiplayer aspects into their single player.
    i do have to say, even though this is gonna be said to be stupid by people, that the last decent single player campaign I played was black ops 2. although, I think it was more because of that cool "futuristic" technology they gave u to play with instead of the actuall story

Elite Member
    GG really dropped the ball in terms of the Killzone story. The team is very talented in terms of pushing the power of the consoles but they need to work on their storytelling. Maybe take some tips from Naughty Dog or Quantic Dream.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Sash View Post
    GG really dropped the ball in terms of the Killzone story. The team is very talented in terms of pushing the power of the consoles but they need to work on their storytelling. Maybe take some tips from Naughty Dog or Quantic Dream.
    I agree that they have awesome potential but they're missing the most important part of the game (story) for some people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Yea I thought Killzones 3 was very dry. the mechanics were good but the story was dry and I've never liked the mp on any Killzones. I've read a lot of articles that say it goes deeper into who the helghast are but I'll probably wait for the reviews to see
    Some will disagree but Killzone 2's multiplayer was solid and superior to that of Killzone 3's (Save it for, Operations which was seriously underestimated in Killzone 3!). The latter had a number of technical issues at launch that made the game unplayable. This was a rushed job. I know that these guys can pull something great because I enjoyed Killzone 2 a lot.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    Some will disagree but Killzone 2's multiplayer was solid and superior to that of Killzone 3's (Save it for, Operations which was seriously underestimated in Killzone 3!). The latter had a number of technical issues at launch that made the game unplayable. This was a rushed job. I know that these guys can pull something great because I enjoyed Killzone 2 a lot.
    I agree with you but with modern day fps I think there's just too much emphasis put on mp. dot get me wrong, I love the competitiveness and the sense of achievement when u max ur level out, but there's some aspects of mp that's just plain annoying. 10 year olds playing an 18+ game with a mic talking crap to everybody and using every cuss word invented and some that hasn't been invented would be an annoying aspect. The way I look at it with EVERY fps putting most of their ingenuity into mp, I want an fps with the whole package. a true solid game with a helluva campaign as well as solid mp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information