Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Yea, everyone wants to make profits but some people want to screw over the other side while doing it. Otherwise we wouldn't have seen such an outcry a few weeks ago and some policies would not have changed.

oh right, I forgot to pay it back:
    Yeah... don't bring that up. It seems to have already been forgotten.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    @ mynd: Are you capable of posting without bias?
    Huh? MS wasn't aiming at a game machine with the fastest possible graphics.
    If they were, they would have as I said earlier, used GDDR5 and target 4gb of ram.
    In terms of what they were aiming at, DDR3 fit the bill nicely.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraphrases View Post
    My preferences of purchasing either console revolves around a few vital elements:

Online capabilities - Xbox Live is superior to PSN (If you disagree with this, please withdraw from responding to this bullet because this is an incontrovertible fact)
    Controller - Xbox One controller overall suits me better, this bodes to opinion clearly
    Games - Been a prominent Halo player for years and participate in several MLG ladders via Game Battles. I also am a COD player and have displayed my prowess in several Call of Duties in the MLG tournaments. That being said, Cod gets DLC a month earlier than Xbox so this is an obvious appealing factor to me
    Graphics - IT is readily apparent that the Ps4, statistically speaking, has a monumental edge * 50% more tFlops, 7 GB ram reserved to games as opposed to 5, Unified memory , etc)

Here is the deciding factor ** If I am playing Call of Duty on a Ps4 and noticeably, i repeat, noticeably am able to detect a difference in graphical visuals compared with the Xbox, this will generate extreme discontent for me . So as unbiased as you can, will there be A DIFFERENCE

My goodness I'd hate to see you decide on a place for dinner sheesh.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Huh? MS wasn't aiming at a game machine with the fastest possible graphics.
    If they were, they would have as I said earlier, used GDDR5 and target 4gb of ram.
    In terms of what they were aiming at, DDR3 fit the bill nicely.
    It was a genuine question. You have a good hardware knowledge, but sometimes it's tainted with bias.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    It was a genuine question.
    I thought I have been posting without bias, I prefer technical discussion over who likes what game and which one is prettier, because it isn't open to bias.

Administrator
    I thought I have been posting without bias
    You haven't.

I prefer technical discussion over who likes what game and which one is prettier, because it isn't open to bias.
    The sarcasm doesn't change your bias.

You're free to like whatever you like... but in the case of pure technical jargon, when you continuously nudge things in your favor, it removes credibility.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    You haven't.

The sarcasm doesn't change your bias.

You're free to like whatever you like... but in the case of pure technical jargon, when you continuously nudge things in your favor, it removes credibility.
    Oh come on you can't post something like that and not tell me what exactly I have done.
    Last edited by mynd; 07-01-2013 at 03:27.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Oh come on you can't post something like that and not tell me what exactly I have done.
    It's because you don't trash a console based on rumors or speculation.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It's because you don't trash a console based on rumors or speculation.
    I'm not convinced I trashed either system, nor did I blow smoke up either one.

Forum Overseer
    I think he's kidding.

Administrator
    Therein lies the problem. You do it so frequently and so nonchalantly that you don't even notice.

This isn't a personal attack on you, I'm just letting you know that when you share your technical knowledge and twist it with bias, it's no longer informative. People are genuinely asking you questions and look up to you for your technical know-how... and they usually don't know any better. It's in everyone's best interest to explain the technicalities on both sides of the fence without trying to sway... consciously or unconsciously... others to your point of view. You should be giving the raw information without bias and allowing others that are seeking your knowledge in earnest to arrive at their own conclusions. Everyone benefits in this way.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    I'm not convinced I trashed either system, nor did I blow smoke up either one.
    Yea, i know. Around here, if you are pro Sony you have to be anti-MS and Vice versa.

Administrator
    Yea, i know. Around here, if you are pro Sony you have to be anti-MS and Vice versa.
    You most certainly do not.

14. Likes YoungMullah88 likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Maybe true with most members here but not me. I'm not going to call you biased due to preference but because you ignore reasonable explanations or facts. Not you, I'm speaking in general.

Mynd is not nearly as biased as others here but he definitely has a more biased perspective sometimes. Things that you can argue but likely aren't true. Such as all the DRM rumors and power rumors. Which are all true at this point.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Therein lies the problem. You do it so frequently and so nonchalantly that you don't even notice.

This isn't a personal attack on you, I'm just letting you know that when you share your technical knowledge and twist it with bias, it's no longer informative. People are genuinely asking you questions and look up to you for your technical know-how... and they usually don't know any better. It's in everyone's best interest to explain the technicalities on both sides of the fence without trying to sway... consciously or unconsciously... others to your point of view. You should be giving the raw information without bias and allowing others that are seeking your knowledge in earnest to arrive at their own conclusions.
    So where did I bias a particular system, I'm asking for specifics.
    I suspect that because you are not hearing what you want to hear, you conclude its bias.
    The idea of a technical discussion is to counter that with you own thoughts, its free forum I'm not an silicon engineer and absolute "expert" on all of this. But i can give you an engine and software development view from some one who has developed both a 3d engine and programmed GPU's.

If you believe I am biased about a particular conclusion or subset of knowledge, by all means let me know.

If you feel something is wrong, or whatever, challenge me on it, I wont bite your head off.
    Last edited by mynd; 07-01-2013 at 03:43.

Administrator
    I suspect that because you are not hearing what you want to hear, you conclude its bias.
    That's highly inaccurate. I only brought this up BECAUSE you are one of the more technically cultivated members in regards to GPU architecture.

The idea of a technical discussion is to counter that with you own thoughts
    True, if the discussion had room for opinions, but not when discussing facts.

If you believe I am biased about a particular conclusion or subset of knowledge, by all means let me know.
    I think you and me both are well aware of your favoritism to Microsoft (which you are fully free to do so, I have no problem with that). I'm merely pointing out that, whether you are doing it intentionally or not, it is leaking into your technical explanations, which is counter-productive to the raw data you are trying to "explain" to those less-versed in your area of knowledge. You tend to skew information, whether good or bad, in the direction of your bias... which simply isn't necessary.
    Last edited by Brandon; 07-01-2013 at 03:49.

Forum Overseer
    Totally agree.

This part:

"I'm merely pointing out that, whether you are doing it intentionally or not, it is leaking into your technical explanations, which is counter-productive to the raw data you are trying to "explain" to those less-versed in your area of knowledge."

I don't know either if he does it intentionally but I've always sort of seen him like that...reminds me of Seebs lol. I still can't believe when he said that LBP isn't doing anything innovative because a game from the 80s had a level sharing thing too. I miss arguing with that guy.

I love arguing with all techies. Especially when they're wrong and I'm right. But I'm always right, you guys know that.

EDIT: We are going off course.
    Last edited by Omar; 07-01-2013 at 03:57.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Some things are just clear as day and have been for years...common knowledge amongst those with eyes to read.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    That's highly inaccurate. I only brought this up BECAUSE you are one of the more technically cultivated members in regards to GPU architecture.

True, if the discussion had room for opinions, but not when discussing facts.

I think you and me both are well aware of your favoritism to Microsoft (which you are fully free to do so, I have no problem with that). I'm merely pointing out that, whether you are doing it intentionally or not, it is leaking into your technical explanations, which is counter-productive to the raw data you are trying to "explain" to those less-versed in your area of knowledge. You tend to skew information, whether good or bad, in the direction of your bias... which simply isn't necessary.
    From a technical point of view, the PS3 is a steaming pile of dog turd for its intended task, I've stated that multiple times, I've gone on in some detail why I dislike the PS3. It has nothing to do with "Sony".
    I own lot of Sony stuff for pete's sake. Right down to my e-reader which I think is fantastic.

I've detailed this stuff from day one, when every one was touting the gigaflop advantage the PS3 has over the 360, and after 6 years, even Sony has acknowledged its short falls. If only its raw power was better channeled.
    I have nothing but praise for the design of the PS4 (except the err design of the PS4 case-I don't like it).
    And is certainly the front runner in terms of raw power.

However, like most things technical its not simply a case of 1+1+1=3 vs 1+1=2, therefore 3 vs 2 wins.

Statements like "50% more power" is complete and utter bollocks until you have systems side by side and actually benchmark them. I have never stated that the Xbox One was going to smash the PS4, but nor do I believe the discrepancy between the systems is as simple a 12 vs 18. Because these aren't brothers from the same mother.
    Last edited by mynd; 07-01-2013 at 04:00.

21. Likes jphuff likes this post
    Administrator
    From a technical point of view, the PS3 is a steaming pile of dog turd for its intended task, I've stated that multiple times, I've gone on in some detail why I dislike the PS3. It has nothing to do with "Sony".
    I own lot of Sony stuff for pete's sake. Right down to my e-reader which I think is fantastic.

I've detailed this stuff from day one, when ever one was touting the gigaflop advantage the PS3 has over the 360, and after 6 years, even Sony has acknowledged its short falls. If only its raw power was better channeled.
    I have nothing but praise for the design of the PS4 (except the err design of the PS4 case-I don't like it).
    And is certainly the front runner in terms of raw power.

However, like most things technical its not simply a case of 1+1+1=3 vs 1+1=2, therefore 3 vs 2 wins.

Statements like "50% more power" is complete and utter bollocks until you have systems side by side and actually benchmark them. I have never stated that the Xbox One was going to smash the PS4, but nor do I believe the discrepancy between the systems is as simple a 12 vs 18. Because these aren't brothers from the same mother.
    None of that pertains to what I was saying. I'm just giving you a heads up. If it helps you improve your explanations, great. If not, cast it out. I'm just telling you what I've observed and what you can change to improve your credibility, if that's something you feel would suit you.

Anyway, carry on.

Forum Overseer

I've detailed this stuff form day one, and after 6 years, even Sony has acknowledged its short falls. If only its raw power was better channeled.
    And is certianly the fornt runner in terms of raw power.

However, like most things technical its not simply a case of 1+1+1=3 vs 1+1=2, there fore 3 vs 2 wins.

50% more power is utter bullocks. But like in this post, I don't understand something.

You dislike PS4's design...so I wonder, what do you have to say about the Xbox One's design? How is that better sir? I'm sorry, how is that nor worse? Are you just talking about looks? Because I can't argue with preference but I don't get stuff like that from you. Please do explain.

I do agree that PS3 was a blunder but like we were arguing yesterday, you have yet to explain to me how the inferior multiplats weren't the fault of anything other than PS3's RAM issues. You were arguing against it but did not answer it completely. I had asked you then how the exclusives were able to come out with the best graphics (might I add, on any console). You didn't respond. So that means that you weren't thinking it through so either you were doing that on purpose or it was just an honest mistake.

and we can't forget when you said that having less games was better than having more games (based on sales/reviews)...and yet you don't share the same opinion when it comes to MS. It's stuff like that. e.g. 2D trees lol.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    None of that pertains to what I was saying. I'm just giving you a heads up. If it helps you improve your explanations, great. If not, cast it out. I'm just telling you what I've observed and what you can change to improve your credibility, if that's something you feel would suit you.

Anyway, carry on.
    Well its hard to "change" something when someone is being vague about what it is you need to change.

It's awfully easy to discredit someone by insinuation.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Some people in forums just gloss over and quite franky do not give a $#@! about the opinions of people who have a clear bias. This is because whatever they communicate is not an objective point of view but a crafted attempt to further some kind of agenda, or is warped by some unhealthy attachment...it's like how people turn down the ads on TV cause they really just don't want to hear the dross. If that prson has had no experience with that which they are belittling, then they have even less credibility.

26. Likes YoungMullah88 likes this post
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    50% more power is utter bullocks. But like in this post, I don't understand something.

You dislike PS4's design...so I wonder, what do you have to say about the Xbox One's design? How is that better sir? I'm sorry, how is that nor worse? Are you just talking about looks? Because I can't argue with preference but I don't get stuff like that from you. Please do explain.
    I don't really like the look of it, but again that's preference. That's not secret. I said that the moment I saw it. The Xbox one design, its a box, $#@! what design? These things all change 10 months from now anyway.
    I do agree that PS3 was a blunder but like we were arguing yesterday, you have yet to explain to me how the inferior multiplats weren't the fault of anything other than PS3's RAM issues. You were arguing against it but did not answer it completely. I had asked you then how the exclusives were able to come out with the best graphics (might I add, on any console). You didn't respond. So that means that you weren't thinking it through so either you were doing that on purpose or it was just an honest mistake.
    I think you were in the wrong threads there Sufi if you didn't get my answers on those, Ive detailed edgeGEom, Spurs, offloading to the SPU's at low res etc quite often, and developer talent.
    and we can't forget when you said that having less games was better than having more games (based on sales/reviews)...and yet you don't share the same opinion when it comes to MS. It's stuff like that. e.g. 2D trees lol.
    This sounds like subjective stuff, vs technical stuff? Not really technical stuff (well 2d trees are and they still look $#@! PD).
    Last edited by mynd; 07-01-2013 at 04:14.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    That's highly inaccurate. I only brought this up BECAUSE you are one of the more technically cultivated members in regards to GPU architecture. True, if the discussion had room for opinions, but not when discussing facts. I think you and me both are well aware of your favoritism to Microsoft (which you are fully free to do so, I have no problem with that). I'm merely pointing out that, whether you are doing it intentionally or not, it is leaking into your technical explanations, which is counter-productive to the raw data you are trying to "explain" to those less-versed in your area of knowledge. You tend to skew information, whether good or bad, in the direction of your bias... which simply isn't necessary.
    I agree. Thats why I just dont take anything he says seriously anymore.

Thread Information