Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Dedicated Member

What is the incentive of getting at launch?

I only see killzone SF as the good launch exclusive along with a couple of multiplatform titles. Among the other exclusives, drive club looks average and knack looks crap. So what is the incentive of getting at launch other than proclaiming that you got a new console on launch day? The game lineup for launch doesnt look all that great. I dont see where the hype is coming from. Am i missing something here? Wouldn't it be more wise to wait six months or so and get a ps4 around mid 2014?

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Really just to be that person who got one before everybody else at least to me it seems.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Knack looks like crap ,do u need glasses lol. It's bragging rights to have a brand new console on launch day.
    So plz stop wit the negative stuff. Ps4 launch line up is aweseom

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    Knack looks like crap ,do u need glasses lol. It's bragging rights to have a brand new console on launch day.
    So plz stop wit the negative stuff. Ps4 launch line up is aweseom
    Well it's his opinion truthfully so far only game looks worth much is Infamous Second Sons, and that's only because I know Sucker Punch will deliver at least based on pass success they've had some hiccups not going to say their perfect.

I haven't seen a lot of Knack, but it's only moderate interest game.

As for when to get a PS4 if you're not into the whole launch drama then wait till 2014 or later to me I'd say 2015 or 2016 at some point a slim will be introduced.

Hopefully by then a lot more games will be out which means more choices for us gamers.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimax View Post
    Well it's his opinion truthfully so far only game looks worth much is Infamous Second Sons, and that's only because I know Sucker Punch will deliver at least based on pass success they've had some hiccups not going to say their perfect.

I haven't seen a lot of Knack, but it's only moderate interest game.

As for when to get a PS4 if you're not into the whole launch drama then wait till 2014 or later to me I'd say 2015 or 2016 at some point a slim will be introduced.

Hopefully by then a lot more games will be out which means more choices for us gamers.
    now u here suggested bf4 and watch dogs, and infamous in my thread and now it's only infamous. wth lol. I don't think we'll have to wait that long for some depth in the ps4 game catalog remember Gamescom is coming where Sony already said they will announce new titles there

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Veteran
    Same as it is for buying pretty much anything on its launch day.
    To be one of the first to have it.

If nothing interests you, wait. Different people have different tastes.
    Last edited by faaeng; 06-29-2013 at 06:10.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    I only see killzone SF as the good launch exclusive along with a couple of multiplatform titles. Among the other exclusives, drive club looks average and knack looks crap. So what is the incentive of getting at launch other than proclaiming that you got a new console on launch day? The game lineup for launch doesnt look all that great. I dont see where the hype is coming from. Am i missing something here? Wouldn't it be more wise to wait six months or so and get a ps4 around mid 2014?
    Yes.

Forum Elder
    Yeah the console is only as good as the games coming out for it. But I want to play watch dogs on next gen graphics. Yes, killzone looks beautiful but I've played 2 and 3 and I know what to expect. I want watch dogs because its sandbox and innovative. I wish GTA5 was exclusively next gen, so I'd have another reason to buy next gen on launch.

If no games interest you right out of the bat, wait. Especially for games like second son and 1887

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS

What is the incentive of getting at launch?

It's the whole package. Being one of the first to try the console, play the very first games with their ups and downs, try the very first software revision probably needing ironing, etc.

It's far from a perfect experience and you know there will be a long way to go, but it's a journey early adopters like to take.

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    It's the whole package. Being one of the first to try the console, play the very first games with their ups and downs, try the very first software revision probably needing ironing, etc.

It's far from a perfect experience and you know there will be a long way to go, but it's a journey early adopters like to take.

On the move with Tapatalk
    This is me. I've had every generation at launch, including slims when they were released. Why stop the tradition now.
    And the unboxing is one of the best parts.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Maybe for you but maybe not for others. If nothing interests you then dont buy a PS4 at launch then. Problem solved. lol No need to try to validate your opinion with us. Do what you think is best.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Absolutely nothing! But I sure love New hardware...No point in getting the vita but I still traded in my 360 to get one just for the sake of it. Thank God for ps+ because unit 13 is the only game I've bought for the system.

As for the ps4, gotta have it day one...love seeing how the tech grows. Look how far the ps3 has come through fw updates

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    This will be my first experience buying a system on launch. I waited a year for Xbox 360 and I got my PS3 on April of the year MGS4 came out. I think that was 2008.

I'm buying for the experience of buying a day one console because I now can afford such luxury.

Ultimate Veteran
    My PS4 won't exactly be unplugging my PS3. So why not have one? Sheeeeyit.

Superior Member
    im pretty sure people generally buy things that they want, when they want, (or are financially able to)
    certain items appeal to people for different reasons, so they buy them. that kind of logic can be applied to many items available for purchase and is not just limited to a games console. if you need justification to buy something from someone else, that particular item is not for you. so please dont buy one, and let someone who does want one, buy it, as supply will probably be limited.
    Disclaimer: I may or may not know what I'm talking about.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4404/lbj.gif

PSN ID
    fLiPdAtwAy
    Quote Originally Posted by oneJ View Post
    im pretty sure people generally buy things that they want, when they want, (or are financially able to)
    certain items appeal to people for different reasons, so they buy them. that kind of logic can be applied to many items available for purchase and is not just limited to a games console. if you need justification to buy something from someone else, that particular item is not for you. so please dont buy one, and let someone who does want one, buy it, as supply will probably be limited.
    True the biggest part of buying one at launch if you keep it is that you are an early adopter and having something only few people have because of limited supply because you want it and desire to have it. Games at launch will not be indicative of the platform because they are still tinkering with the programming and games are definitely in shorter supply. But to have the next big thing and to have it when it comes out in the benefit. To have something you want when you want it. Purely for selfish reasons.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Elite Sage

For me, just so I can say I have had it since Day 0 again.

If I'm honest no launch title looks amazing to me. I was planing on getting Killzone and infamous but I read infamous was releasing until 2014 so it'll just be KZ at launch for me.

The games will come eventually though.

BBK. Tapatalking.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Because every single one of us shares your opinion and also thinks that every game except for Killzone SF looks crap right? You're not alone on this planet.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    The point is to hve a friggin ps4 man. plus, there are good games at launch just because u don't think so doesn't mean everybody feels that way. people say cod is pathetic now well I can tell u I still like to play it and so do at least 200,000 other people. additionally, u have infamous second son, ac4, watch dogs, bf4, and knack(it doesn't look like crap), so yea there are some games to choose from. also, don't forget more titles will be announced at Gamescom and while they won't be launch titles, there will be some that won't be too far behind.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    That new console smell. My ps3 lasted for nearly 6 months. ..I kid, I kid!

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    also, for me the biggest thing is to have one at launch. I didnt get the ps3 until they were about 2-3 years in. it's already been said in this thread but I completely agree: I want to be a part of the systems journey. playing the initial buggy software with all the ups and downs and seeing the ps4 transform itself into "perfection". as close as possible anyways.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    I didnt preorder for "bragging rights", I was just excited for the system and I preordered a PS4 cause at the time futureshop was doing a "preorder 3, save $20 off each game" deal. Thats like getting one free at full price lol

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Flaw3d Genius
    Battlefield 4 & Watch Dogs is the two main incentives along with Fifa 14 if it's any good. You can also get Drive Club free if you pay 40 for PSN.
    Last edited by Flaw3d Genius; 06-29-2013 at 15:08.

Dedicated Member

Actually, to each his/her own opinion. As far as to why want a launch PS4, companies don't launch all new hardware every day so, if you can have it why not? It's exciting and fun. Also, I don't know where people are getting the idea that there's only 2 games coming out for this thing, check the launch and launch window listing of titles. It looked to me like the are at least trying to have a little something for everyone at launch, There's Knack, Drive Club, Killzone Shadow fall, Battlefield 4 and quite a few others. The reason I want a launch day system is so that I could jump right into Battlefield 4. The rest to me is just icing on the cake. And YES, I will also be picking up the PS eye and also another controller and possibly even knack.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM2x View Post
    Actually, to each his/her own opinion. As far as to why want a launch PS4, companies don't launch all new hardware every day so, if you can have it why not? It's exciting and fun. Also, I don't know where people are getting the idea that there's only 2 games coming out for this thing, check the launch and launch window listing of titles. It looked to me like the are at least trying to have a little something for everyone at launch, There's Knack, Drive Club, Killzone Shadow fall, Battlefield 4 and quite a few others. The reason I want a launch day system is so that I could jump right into Battlefield 4. The rest to me is just icing on the cake. And YES, I will also be picking up the PS eye and also another controller and possibly even knack.
    Agreed, I think there is a bit for everybody at launch. It isn't a catalog worth of games but heck there never is at a launch. I agree with the bf4, knack, and watch dogs. can't wait to play em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information