Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

The Division PS4 tech analysis Digital Foundry

Extreme Poster
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    give us your summary.

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    One of the disappointing things about this title was that there was no motion blur of any sort, but it's open world, so it is understandable that it won't look as good as the other games. The physics look pretty nice tho.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Foraeli View Post
    One of the disappointing things about this title was that there was no motion blur of any sort, but it's open world, so it is understandable that it won't look as good as the other games. The physics look pretty nice tho.
    smh. it's better than most games we saw at E3. the best i saw.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    lol

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Only other game at E3 that really caught my eyes aside from this was Destiny.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Extreme Poster
    I need to stop taking his baits.
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    Only other game at E3 that really caught my eyes aside from this was Destiny.
    Destiny looked interesting. Bungie has always been good with their AI and distinct enemy personalities. I'm somewhat interested but need to see more.

Superior Member
    I thought Shadowfall and Destiny were the best looking games at E3.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    I still cannot believe that was running realtime on ps4 devkit at a locked 30fps. can't believe this until I get my hands on it

10. Likes Lefein, Royals , Sufi likes this post
    Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    The only part about it that looked really great was the beginning, with the beads on the roof, and then panning down when we see that person closing the drapes, but once it gets down to street level, and the guy actually starts playing, it looks nowhere near as good as the cutscene just before it

It looked alive before that. Then it looked at best on par with anything else shown at E3.

You're not getting anywhere near that level of detail when you're actually playing it versus the cutscene we see in the beginning.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    The only part about it that looked really great was the beginning, with the beads on the roof, and then panning down when we see that person closing the drapes, but once it gets down to street level, and the guy actually starts playing, it looks nowhere near as good as the cutscene just before it

It looked alive before that. Then it looked at best on par with anything else shown at E3.

You're not getting anywhere near that level of detail when you're actually playing it versus the cutscene we see in the beginning.
    That's probably because once it gets to the character, it is zoomed out and you can't see much details. I'm positive that you would be able to see those details if you zoomed in on an object. It seemed like the whole thing was done in gameplay.

So what game do you feel looks better than this?

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Nah. That other stuff may have been 'in-engine', but the rest of the game was not remotely close to that. It was static. You can see him looking up at the buildings and nothing is going on. The textures were ok once it was already in-game, but the lighting was very good.

I was (somewhat) more impressed with the high-def inFamous gameplay we saw. Lots of effects going on, destructibility as well.

Though on pure visual style, I probably liked Warframe the most. Just crazy fast, with holy **** lighting and particle effects. Though to be fair the world doesn't seem as big, though we did see an outside ice level which was plenty large.

Extreme Poster
    Well I mean, I don't see other games any more alive than The Division. As for Warframe, well now we're just talking about preferences because I thought it was meh in gameplay while I liked the CGI they showed before.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    Nah. That other stuff may have been 'in-engine', but the rest of the game was not remotely close to that. It was static. You can see him looking up at the buildings and nothing is going on. The textures were ok once it was already in-game, but the lighting was very good.

I was (somewhat) more impressed with the high-def inFamous gameplay we saw. Lots of effects going on, destructibility as well.

Though on pure visual style, I probably liked Warframe the most. Just crazy fast, with holy **** lighting and particle effects. Though to be fair the world doesn't seem as big, though we did see an outside ice level which was plenty large.
    Been playing warframe for a year on my crappy laptop. Its only particles and some bloom effects. I was fooled into thinking how great warframe looked when I first saw it, but after putting a round 10hrs into it, its very repetitive, reused environments, bloom cranked to 11 (sometimes covers entire screen and textures aren't very good

The Division Hands down the technical masterpiece of E3 (because it was actually a game and not a trailer or a tech demo)

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    The Division isn't so technically impressive as games running on Frostbite 3 and Cryengine 3 at E3. The Division was just some nice baked lighting and real-time reflections. Ryse and Battlefield 4 would probably be the best of show at E3 from a technical standpoint. Especially with Battlefield 4 having tons of real-time effect and lighting and tons of particle and physics effects creating such intensive scenes. And there is also the case that The Division has zero motion blur while Ryse and BF4 have intensive next gen motion blur.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    The Division isn't so technically impressive as games running on Frostbite 3 and Cryengine 3 at E3. The Division was just some nice baked lighting and real-time reflections. Ryse and Battlefield 4 would probably be the best of show at E3 from a technical standpoint. Especially with Battlefield 4 having tons of real-time effect and lighting and tons of particle and physics effects creating such intensive scenes. And there is also the case that The Division has zero motion blur while Ryse and BF4 have intensive next gen motion blur.
    You basically started your post with incorrect info. The Division has dynamic global illunimation.
    I don't know why people are even disputing that Division was the best graphical showcasing of a game at E3

Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    You basically started your post with incorrect info. The Division has dynamic global illunimation.
    I don't know why people are even disputing that Division was the best graphical showcasing of a game at E3
    I never said the game did not have dynamic global illumination. I said the lighting is largely baked.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    please stop mentioning ryse...the demo had duplicates of everything, quick time events all over the place...Lol I don't think anything was dynamic in that demo

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

PSN ID
    fLiPdAtwAy
    I am going to take serious look at this when it comes out.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    As soon as Ryse is mentioned i cant take anything seriously...
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

22. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Dedicated Member

PSN ID
    Foraeli
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    As soon as Ryse is mentioned i cant take anything seriously...
    You don't ever have to take me seriously as long as you can explain to me how Ryse not have great graphics.

Soldier 95B
    Well I mean, I don't see other games any more alive than The Division. As for Warframe, well now we're just talking about preferences because I thought it was meh in gameplay while I liked the CGI they showed before.
    One thing that stands out to me in the Division gameplay and attention to detail is the closing of the doors on the cars. I don't know why, but they do.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier 95B View Post
    One thing that stands out to me in the Division gameplay and attention to detail is the closing of the doors on the cars. I don't know why, but they do.
    i actually didn't even notice that until someone said it. i don't care for the details while i love them...i just think the concept is amazing and any game that's similar to WoW in the way that it's an MMO and has talent trees...that's a win in my book. I've been saying that I wanted a game like that for years.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    the watch dogs debut gameplay demo also had the protagonist closing a car door after he disrupted traffic

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Flumbooze
    Items User name style
    Am I that blind that I don't notice the difference between the cutscene at the start and the gameplay that follows?

Thread Information