Opinion: Ultimate PS3 Games Showdown 2013?

Last year PSU hosted an Ultimate PS3 Games Showdown, pitting 32 of the greatest titles available on PS3 against each other to see which game would come out on top: with Heavy Rain claiming the throne!

In the last year, numerous great titles have come out, from existing IPs such as BioShock: Infinite; brand new IPs like Dishonored; and even exclusives such as The Last of Us. So my questions is: would people be up for an Ultimate PS3 Games Showdown 2013?

Admittedly, it has only been a year since the competition's inception, which may not be enough time to warrant hosting a follow up to 2012, but as mentioned, several massive games have come out in the last twelve months, potentially making this a whole new competition. Weaker titles from last year could be replaced by the likes of Borderlands 2, Tomb Raider and Far Cry 3, or maybe even some games that didn't make the cut last August! What about having 64 entries this time, meaning we could include all the BIG competitors from last year, as well as some that didn't make it and still have room for the great games 2013 has given us?

It may have only been a year since the first competition, but with the PS4 due out soon, there wouldn't be much reason having another Ultimate PS3 Games Showdown once its successor launches, especially with all the big titles, particularly exclusives, being destined for Sony's next generation efforts. So how about giving the PS3 the send-off it deserves and ending this generation with a competition celebrating the culmination of games that have made the PS3 the best gaming platform ever conceived?

Are there some games that you were disappointed weren't included last time? Unhappy with last year's victor? Or is there a new favourite game that you think has a shot at the title? Let me know your opinions on the idea of following up last year's fantastic competition - especially if there's a title you'd like to see take the throne - and if there are enough people gauging interest, maybe we can make it happen!
    Last edited by Beasley2K; 06-30-2013 at 19:58. Reason: Corrected formatting

Veteran
    Although fun and appealing, I think there's no need for it, I think we already know The Last Of Us would be the obvious winner.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Although fun and appealing, I think there's no need for it, I think we already know The Last Of Us would be the obvious winner.
    agreed. not really any competition on that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Possibly, but you never know. Remember, Heavy Rain defeated the great Uncharted 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4 last year! I think no-one saw that coming! Who's to say there can't be a surprise winner again?
    Last edited by Beasley2K; 06-30-2013 at 22:37. Reason: Spelling error

Master Guru
    Nothing's beating out The Last of Us. So we already know the outcome.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I enjoyed the process! maybe ti would be better suited if it was done during the NCAA March madness tourney

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    markiemark901
    Quote Originally Posted by Beasley2K View Post
    Possibly, but you never know. Remember, Heavy Rain defeated the great Uncharted 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4 last year! I think no-one saw that coming! Who's to say there can't be a surprise winner again?
    well you dark horse love you! lol. I still don't see how TLOU could lose tgo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Currently Playing: COD Ghosts, Battlefield 4, Assassins Creed 4

Come on guys, we need more opinions if we're going to get this to happen!

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I think this is a good idea! What you would have to do is start where the 2012 competition left off. You should include the games of 2012 that were left out of the ultimate competition.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

PSU Editor-in-chief
    PSN ID
    geist226
    Items User name styleFull Metal AlchemistYunaGuerrilla GamesNaughty DogDaft PunkDeus Ex HR AdamAtlusFinal Fantasy X
    Hi everyone. It's good to see that there's some interest in running this competition again.

This summer is far, far busier than my last, so I think I'll need to recruit some help from the forums to run this bracket tournament again. I like the feedback that I'm getting so far; I'm at my full-time job all day Mon-Fri, so I'm simply not around to do things like create voting threads at the right times, make announcements, create graphics, etc.

If people are interested in these duties (especially that last one, because I know there are some really talented artists here), feel free to PM me and we can try to get something started to run in late July, early August.

Parapa the Rapper.

That is where it is at. Come on 2013 ... give me the rapper.

Thread Information